Bebecillo's Cannabis Infused Vodka

bebecillo

Hello everyone!

In my youth I played around vodka infusions a lot. I barely drink, so I stopped doing them, but I always wanted to try a vodka infusion with decarbed cannabis instead of using alcohol as a THC extraction method only. This is also a fast, cheap and easy method anyone can follow, so the screwup risk is minimal.

What you're gonna need:

1. Vodka (it doesn't have to be expensive, but if you're low on money, get a cheap polish vodka instead of a national brand)
  2. Any herb or spices you might want to add, such as citrus zest, nuts, almonds, apples, etc (avoid skittles, they taste awful). If you're a begginner start with the weed only and experiment in small batches.
  3. Cannabis. This can be bud, trim, popcorn, leaves, even stems. We only want the THC, but understand that just stems won't taste as nice (but not bad!) as using bud.
  4. Strainer/coffee filters
  5. Airtight containers such as mason jars, tupperwares, etc.
  6. Working stove/rice cooker

Instructions:

1. You're gonna boil the hell out of your bud. I don't give a crap about your terpenes, you can reintroduce them by adding natural ingredients to your vodka. I use a rice cooker because it's set it and forget it, but a pot on the stove works well.
  2. Bring water to a boil, add your bud and stir ocassionally. All the brown in the water you're gonna see are the salts and nutes your plant had. We need to remove these so our vodka remains pure. Repeat this step at least 2 times or until you're satisfied with the results. Waste water of this process can be used in your garden, just let it cool to room temp before doing anything.
  3. You might see a lot of small bubbles as if you were frying the bud. That's part of the decarbing process and is what's going to activate the THC so it becomes funny vodka.
  4. Bubbles might turn green, that's the chlorophyl leaving the plant material but don't worry, your THC is safe.
  5. After about 3 water changes (again, times and time will depend on the source quality) strain everything and air/oven dry (never going above 100°C). If you have a rice cooker you can put it on warm and let your buds there to dry out, as more water in the plant will make the process longer.
  6. Here's the part where you add anything else you want for your vodka. Cannabis will have an earthy (if dirty) or nutty (if clean) flavor. How you play with that it's up to you. Put your bud and the vodka with anything you want in the jars and store in a cool, dark place. If you want a purer extraction, put the jar and vodka on your freezer beforehand and let it macerate there.
  7. While you can shake your container like a paint mixer, leaving it alone will be the best for the infusion. THC will be extracted in less than 24 hours, but I would advise leaving it for at least a week just to be sure. The more plant you throw, the longer it will take.
  8. Strain your vodka from the impurities, either by a strainer, colander or coffee filter. You want your vodka to be as free of impurities as you can.
  9. You can air dry the infused bud and smoke it, but it won't do you much because it lost all the THC. Think of it as the worm in mezcal.
  10. Mix your favorite drink or gift it to a loved one.

I made myself a vodka tonic and the effect is really nice. Would've been nicer with more bud than I used, but this was my proof of concept and I'm proud anyway :thumb:

tl;dr:
wash
1592680089341.png

dry
1592680143244.png

Bottle and wait
1592680163478.png

Enjoy!

The weed is long overdue in this container, but I'm saving this as a bday present for a close friend. Taste wise it wasn't bad, but the vodka was apple flavoured so It mixes well with the bud. I sampled the other jar I made and got buzzed quite fast, so the infusion works wonderful. I also dried and smoked the bud, but since it lost most of the THC it's more of a novelty rather than something dank.

1593061040971.png

Back
Top Bottom