Pruning, trimming: Need a bit of advice

Dank1231

My girls are still in veg and I need advice on how to give them a cut. I don't want to cut too much but at the same time I am trying to get the most of this plant (yield) and know I have to trim it before switching the lights to flower.

Attachments

• IMG_20181119_170956.jpg
    IMG_20181119_170956.jpg
    602.9 KB · Views: 71
Open up bud sites

Trim short bottom branches that may never see the light

Same with some leaves

They will grow back, kinda, she will stretch in flower so a nice trim can't hurt

if you want to get the most out of her. consider a scrog.

weave her into a screen, and trim away whatever doesnt make it to the screen come flower.

lots of scrog tutorials and journals on here :)

As with anything in growing. There are lots of variables. Light size and growing medium and strain have to be considered. Mostly you want to get rid of lower branches and the lower growth of the branches you plant to keep. Fan leaves are the major energy producers for a plant so only take the ones that are blocking inner growth.

Light penetration is the major factor. A 1000 watt HPS has around 6' of light penetration. Only a portion of this is great light. i tend to flower only the top 2 feet of it. Because of medical issues trimming is a bitch forme. I try to avoid small fluffy buds on the bottoms of the plants.

If trimming is done right and at the right time the plant will still put the same amount of bud per plant. Yes you can trim to much but in most cases you just get fewer buds they are just bigger.

Back
Top Bottom