Psychoactive Mushrooms & Cacti Discussion

Looking at them again now, it looks like most are ready to be harvested (veils pulled back). I'll just get started clear cutting the mushroom forest.

mushroom_lumberjack_by_megakami_d7rcfd4-250t.jpg

Not only delicious, but medicinal. Lions mane causes neuro-genesis. Modern medicine teaches our doctors that this is not possible. It looks like big pharma has gotten their tendrils into everything.
I'm not kidding you when you are eating it, and this is only my personal experience, you feel this energy come over you almost immediately(nothing big, but a fuzzy light auora sort of wave maybe), actually made me a little uneasy for a moment, then I felt better than I have in quite awhile(Alertness, stomach issues lately.. went away, also it's all I ate and it filled me up and it wasn't a huge portion or anything). It felt like when I eat my High Brix tomatoes and you just FEEL the nutrition sort of... hard to explain, but definitely different than mineralized food.

Hey i jus got a sawdust block grow kit of lions mane an blue oyster as well. But i was wondering what does lions mane taste like? I was looking at these little logs tht have been inoculated with shiitake spawn n it says its for indoors. So i figured id try it out then i can get some spore prints so ill always be able 2 noc up afew mre logs if i want.
Lions Mane tastes like lobster sort of crab like muscle flavor, I went simple Olive oil garlic salt and Peppercorn and it was Delicious.

Logs for Shiitake are normally for Outside stacking, but I guess you could do logs indoors if you have the room. I have 3 Shiitake Blocks still colonizing, WOW they are slow, but they will be worth it(hopefully).

IMG_20201229_152918.jpg
IMG_20210105_145239.jpg

This is the same jar. That ugly black spot in the top pic has pretty much turned white. Is it possible for the mycillium to defeat a contamination. I think I will dump this jar anyway coz scared of growing something nasty. I noticed this jar had alot more action on this side of the jar like a team effort to beat the enemy. I so want to eat some shrooms when ready and watch some slime mold videos.

IMG_20201229_152918.jpg
IMG_20210105_145239.jpg

This is the same jar. That ugly black spot in the top pic has pretty much turned white. Is it possible for the mycillium to defeat a contamination. I think I will dump this jar anyway coz scared of growing something nasty. I noticed this jar had alot more action on this side of the jar like a team effort to beat the enemy. I so want to eat some shrooms when ready and watch some slime mold videos.
Yes Sir... sometimes the Mycelium are colonized enough to protect itself to beat out the Contamination. Keep an eye on it, if it's gone completely you Won, if not, I'd dump it... might be best just to dump it anyway, judgment call.

Alright guys, it's Official like a Referee whistle... The Chestnut block is definitely Pinning, it was tough to tell for sure yesterday, but it's a lock now. Should be an interesting week to see how they turn out. Enjoy!

View media item 1809398Woohoo PINS
View media item 1809399
View media item 1809400Awww. How Cute!
View media item 1809401
View media item 1809402Small Pin caught up to the first King to Pop Up
View media item 1809403
View media item 1809404Turkey Tail changing Rapidly, you can see the Coloration
and Blob change in the Upper Left hand Corner

View media item 1809405I finally see some sort of change in this block, Notoriously tough
to fruit Indoors, looks like early Pinning happening, but I'm not
getting to excited just yet. You don't see many people successful
growing on blocks indoors, they kill it on Logs Outside. Time will Tell

Alright guys, it's Official like a Referee whistle... The Chestnut block is definitely Pinning, it was tough to tell for sure yesterday, but it's a lock now. Should be an interesting week to see how they turn out. Enjoy!

View media item 1809398Woohoo PINS
View media item 1809399
View media item 1809400Awww. How Cute!
View media item 1809401
View media item 1809402Small Pin caught up to the first King to Pop Up
View media item 1809403
View media item 1809404Turkey Tail changing Rapidly, you can see the Coloration
and Blob change in the Upper Left hand Corner

View media item 1809405I finally see some sort of change in this block, Notoriously tough
to fruit Indoors, looks like early Pinning happening, but I'm not
getting to excited just yet. You don't see many people successful
growing on blocks indoors, they kill it on Logs Outside. Time will Tell

So what about a log inside lol. I found an indoor shiitake kit tht has a log inoculated with shiitake. So i was wondering since u said the chicken of the woods kills it on logs outside well what if u sterilized some an jus took the logs inside?

Ok second tub worked better than the first @Sgtsativa

20210106_140738.jpg

Holy shit man tht is one nice lookn Canopus. How do u get a tub to look like this? Did u jus add more spawn to substrate ratio an jus got a lucky super full canopy lol?

And i was wondering what does a monoculture look like? Cause i got some golden teacher growing on some agar an it looks really solid till the edges so i was wondering is this close to a monoculture or no?
View media item 1809621
View media item 1809620
View media item 1809619
Then for my brf jars can i break the brf chunk up otherwise what shud i do with these once they r ready cuz they r almost fully inoculated now.
View media item 1809473
View media item 1809471
View media item 1809472

Holy shit man tht is one nice lookn Canopus. How do u get a tub to look like this? Did u jus add more spawn to substrate ratio an jus got a lucky super full canopy lol?

And i was wondering what does a monoculture look like? Cause i got some golden teacher growing on some agar an it looks really solid till the edges so i was wondering is this close to a monoculture or no?
I just chopped it.
20210106_200433.jpg

20210106_204709.jpg

20210106_210152.jpg

20210106_211609.jpg

20210106_211554.jpg

Your mycelium is grown out on your plates, do you plan on doing some transfers? Are you storing them in the refrigerator? If so it's not cold enough and they are growing fast. I have mycelium on agar since I first start my agar work this summer and it basically doesn't grow until I put it on the counter and it warms up. It's hard to tell what you have without looking at it from above/below. The one plate you have with that nice ropey rhizomorphic growth is what I'd like to isolate and clone on agar.

Back
Top Bottom