Pterostychus: The Never Ending Story, Now Jack Herer

re: Pterostychus' Purple Kush Auto - 270W LED & 110W CFL - Coco Grow Journal

Hey there. How exciting. I would love To see how these nutes work. I am just finishing up two auto Purple Kushes myself that are current in a 72 Hour dark phase getting ready to do a bud wash and hang to dry. These autos took over 11 weeks. I hope I can follow along to see how yours go. Good luck!
:Namaste:
Why this 72h dark phase and what is bud wash ?!

re: Pterostychus' Purple Kush Auto - 270W LED & 110W CFL - Coco Grow Journal

at night plants use the energy reserves (sugars) it builded during the day .... putting the plants in a long night is believed to smoothen the smoke as all the acrid burning sugars get used up before harvest.

the wash of the bud is with a hydrogenperoxide (H2O2) solution first and then with crystal clear water to wash of the peroxide ... the peroxide will kill germs and spores that can cause butrot when drying to slow ... and slow is what we want to get top quality ...

hope that answers some questions ...

Pt

btw the seed im soaking looks like it will crack tomorrow ... more on this tomorrow ;)

Yeah. I heard the same about the dark phase. But, interestingly it looks like they put on some more weight. Looks like they started to foxtail a little in the dark. I will take some pics and compare side-by-side with before and afters.

I like the idea of washing the buds because I'be done some foliar feeding and I'm growing in a dusty basement. You wash veggies before eating. Makes sense to wash something before you smoke it. Lemon Juice, baking soda, and H2O2 with hot water and a cold water rinse. Check out the Docs bud washing thread for info.

Welcome ... now dont scare me please with those 11 weeks

More like 12+. I will get the total time soon. Crazy. I'm sure yours will be much quicker?

hello boys and gals

today when i came home from work i had a peek at my seed and as predicted it had cracked and was showing taproot after 48h soak ... id say that it has good germination strenght ... ;)

anyway so it was time to prep the tent as in cleaning and preparing the recipient with cocoscoir.
As the cocos is sold unfertilised ive soaked it with half strength feed at 6.0 PH (dropstested so 5.8 requires supermanvision)...

I must say .... that cocos soaks up a shitload of water but i liked the sound it makes when you hear it trickle down and seep in ... you can almost hear the air in the substrate.

so 1/2 inch deep it went ... for the first few days i will keep the cfl lights on 24/7 to keep the tent warm ... it will heat it up to a good 24°C wich is basically spot on ... later when my baby shows it head i will switch on the LED on Veg setting and if all goes well as soon as i see alternating nodes i will set Full Agro (Veg+Bloom).
As soon as the LED comes on i will go to 18/6...

But enough talk .... here are the pics :
IMG_019259.JPG
IMG_019154.JPG
IMG_019351.JPG
IMG_019453.JPG
IMG_019551.JPG

Enjoy

PT

at night plants use the energy reserves (sugars) it builded during the day .... putting the plants in a long night is believed to smoothen the smoke as all the acrid burning sugars get used up before harvest.

the wash of the bud is with a hydrogenperoxide (H2O2) solution first and then with crystal clear water to wash of the peroxide ... the peroxide will kill germs and spores that can cause butrot when drying to slow ... and slow is what we want to get top quality ...

hope that answers some questions ...

Pt

btw the seed im soaking looks like it will crack tomorrow ... more on this tomorrow ;)

Here's a photo of fox tailing of my Purple Kush Auto after 72 hour dark phase. It definitely add d weight.

IMG_464116.JPG

I am interested in this strain an I'm a big indicahead. I don't touch anything known to be over the 60:40 ratio of indica:sativa. I hope the best on your grow! I'm trying my hand at an auto but it's just to learn as I never grew an auto. It's going under 12/12 soon as my soil dries enough. I will be checking this out a bit. Hopefully I can get the hang of autos. Can't wait to see a well taken care of auto can do! Peace and have a dank day!

I am interested in this strain an I'm a big indicahead. I don't touch anything known to be over the 60:40 ratio of indica:sativa. I hope the best on your grow! I'm trying my hand at an auto but it's just to learn as I never grew an auto. It's going under 12/12 soon as my soil dries enough. I will be checking this out a bit. Hopefully I can get the hang of autos. Can't wait to see a well taken care of auto can do! Peace and have a dank day!

no need to switch to 12/12 with autos... they do better on longer light regime ... i finished my Blue dream auto under 18/6 start to finish (1 plant 85g) ... some ppl do 20/4 or even 24/0 although in my opinion anything above 18/6 is waste of electricity ...

Hope this helps :) 6h more light will result in more yield on autos cause they dont care about darkperiods as much and just gladly take all that extra energy and turn it into flower ;)

pt

no need to switch to 12/12 with autos... they do better on longer light regime ... i finished my Blue dream auto under 18/6 start to finish (1 plant 85g) ... some ppl do 20/4 or even 24/0 although in my opinion anything above 18/6 is waste of electricity ...

Hope this helps :) 6h more light will result in more yield on autos cause they dont care about darkperiods as much and just gladly take all that extra energy and turn it into flower ;)

pt

Oh, I know that. I was saying I've NEVER done an auto before. I wanted to try autos so last year I got some beans, never touched em as I only had room for one small plant. Now, I've said f it , got lucky and got a cheap tent and "300w" beamnova Chinese led so I've been working on my Dakini which is a photo, and been been vegging almost 3 months. To me, it's BIG at about 3ft.

Anyway, I know autos don't NEED to be reduced, unless they won't flower on their own(some do that I read, when I was studying autos a bit). It's in my tent that my Dakini Kush is in as I have no place to move, so I was saying it'll have to go 12/12 like it or not so it'll be a runt plant as it's barely 2 weeks old, branching slow as I read about the strain and starting it's 7 or 9 finger node. So I am a bit sad on that fact, is what I was trying to say.

I can't wait to see how this goes. I won't be switching to autos ever, but they interest me, and so does Purple/Pink Kush. So this will def help me understand autos betta.

Stay lifted and have a dank day everyone!

Hey Penny,

as autos dont like heavy nutes ...shall i keep feeding her 1/2 strenght ?
also ... looking at this young seedling i find it already shows indica characteristics like wide leafs and more rounded serrations and very short nodespacing i mean that first set of true leafs sit right on top of the cotillodons or whatever they are named ...

peace

Pt

You can increase in small steps but at the first sign of nute burn back it off a little. I rarely go above 1/2 strength AN base nutes. Ive emailed AN asking why growers cant use the recommended doses without burning. Im waiting on a reply, usually doesnt take them long to respond.

Back
Top Bottom