GardeningGnome's Gorilla Glue, Jack Herer, Critical & Northern Lights: Coco & LED, 2020

Here is a photo of the clone from the purple GG.
I know that the two biggies can perform just as good.

clone_purple.jpeg
Yep we can get her back to perky no problem

Looking at your temps, my first thoughts were too much light :thumb: Especially with the little one in the far right corner being more perky :)
Great minds think alike :)
I moved around all of it yesterday, preparing for the new fan&filter to arrive, so they have been under different lights until then. But you are 100% right, they (the smaller in plastic pots) have been looking much happier than the bigger ones in fabric pots.

What’s the distance of the light above your plants?
It depends a bit on what LED (Mars Hydro) I have above the plant. They are all three different, one is much weaker. But now that I checked it was about 20cm - 30cm (8 - 11 inch). The lights have been closer than that actually....

what I would like to see is daily waterings. but I’m not sure how developed the roots are so let’s start with the light.
That would absolutely be no problems with daily waterings. They are both getting very light weight in two days.

And I would suggest going back to 18/6.
Roger that. Sounds right, this goes "hand-in-hand" with the light amount issue.

Ok, I would suggest moving the light to between 12 and 16” (closer to 16) above the plants and as Shotta said, daily watering, fabric pots evaporate from everywhere but the bottom, whereas plastic pots only have the top to lose water from.
Roger that. Will move both lamps and also switch on "only blue" light for the LED's for the first couple of hours of light. I use a plastic mesh-net that the pots stand on, so they get much air on the bottom-side as well.

What is your feeds consisting of. Definitely water every day even twice a day will be good if you can.
I use Growth Technology nutrients at the moment (Canna feed is coming with the fan&filter). Their "Coco Grow" for the veg, and "Coco Bloom" for the flowering. Also use some Liquid Silicon plus their "Green Fuse Root" which is a root booster. Feed has been looking good (to my eyes), no burnt tips or ish like that. The clones are getting the same mix just a bit more watered down. Remember the root-ball I posted a while back when potting up? Roots are healthy.

|| Will start feeding them once a day again ||
|| Move up lamps ||
|| Switch back to 18/6 ||

Anything more?

THANK YOU BOTH!!!

Just watch your feed, might want to feed one day, water only the next. I don’t know enough about using feeds lol but your plants will let you know if you are overfeeding them :)

Watch your plants, they will teach you more than any of us lol
Thanks again! Think the feed levels are okay, been keeping it much lower than average to be able to water them more often. My 50 cents is on the light being too close. That (and pot size and material) is the variable that is different between the big plants and the Herer and Critical that never had this bad issue with droopy leaves.

@The Celt gave good info. Just one thing I’m. It sure he is aware of. Coco will not appreciate a water only feed and will create problems over night. Just keep that feed consistent and pay attention to water temperature as well. I will be able to better help you along once you get the canna a and b but your feeds should be between 1.2 and 1.3 ec if you were feeding them multiple times a day you could even drop that to 1.1 ec

@shottafire, thanks for the info on coco, as I grow in organic super soils, I did not know that you shouldn’t water without feed. :thanks:
No worries brotha. I love organic super soils eventually I will be back to supersoils but with seeds it’s much easier for me to use coco so I can keep pot size small and a lot of them in a small area with little light. I’m basically hunting for a few to keep in my stable and Then I will jump a back to living soil mixes.

Update: I've changed one thing (lights-distance) from last night. Changing all of the variables at the same time isn't really good troubleshooting processing. It makes it impossible to pinpoint the problem.

And we have good news already; the leaves are really starting to perking up again, photos will be taken later in the day.

It looks like I lowered the lights too much the last days in anticipation of the new fan&filter. I move the lamps down to give room for the new additions and will finish rearranging the tent today since the fan&filter will be installed today. I'll make sure to keep the lights at a good distance no matter what.

I am waiting until tonight with going back to 18/6 both due to the above-described troubleshooting process and due to the extremely cold weather (for the season) we are having here, the room is getting really cold at night time. A solution for this previous night was to switch the LED's to "only blue light" mode.
But since both big GG's will be going into flower soon, I always try to give them a few days of 18/6 before going to 12/12.

Tomorrow will be the first day in about a week with watering twice for the big GG's. This was going to be implemented anyways since they are drinking much. Watering twice for the two already flowering (since 13th) smaller GG's have been started.

Raising the lamps have also dropped the daytime temperature to about 24c/75f, but this is okay for now.

Thanks for the help @The Celt and @shottafire , kudos goes out to the both of you!

Here is a photo from this morning, all looks as it should again! It was that the lights hang too close to the ladies. Fan&filter is now installed, no more moving around in the tent should be needed. Thanks again @The Celt & @shottafire for helping me troubleshoot it so quickly.

20200229_100249.jpeg

Girls are looking perky this morning mate, well done :thumb:

I was standing infront of the tent and looking, observing, thinking... And then it hit me. The variable that had changed was the distance to light. Both due to giving space to the carbon-filter, and that I had removed all the LST wires.

So I wrote an additional "btw" to my initial question to @shottafire :
btw @shottafire , might it be that my LED's are hanging too close? Might that result in this sort of droopy leaves?

And when I had posted it, the page refreshed with your feedback on the situation:

........ if I see leaves drooping like that, it can usually be attributed to:

Under watering
Too warm
Too intense light

As I know what my lights are capable of
, ..............
Great minds think alike, my dear @The Celt :)

Your feedback made it almost 100% for me personally, that intense light was the culprit. Plus, you wrote: "As I know what my lights are capable of" and it really really resonated with me. I've had the "pleasant" problem before that comes from underestimating my LED's, because two out of the total three lamps are amongst the lower in the latter from Mars Hydro. The last time this problem occurred was last summer during flower time with some lankier sativa (Durban Poison) kept growing quickly and the LED's ended up waaay too close. The "stress symptom" was very similar to what happened this time.

Note to self: The lamps are performing fine.
Note to self #2: Very good idea with the grow journal. Thank you everyone that encouraged me to write it. Now I can go back and compare reoccurring problems with my own images.

Thanks again for your help @The Celt ! Hope the weekend have started well for you.

Morning Gnome :)

Things are actually starting to come together.

The master bedroom will be ready to move back into today,
the slow boat from China finally arrived so I should have my irrigation parts Monday
Monday I will head to the city to get the rest of the steel rod I need for my pots and racks

So by mid week, I should have the Blue Dream girls potted up to their new 11.5 gal pots and ready for topping. Then into flower by mid week the next week.

And above all else, nice sunny day here, most of the white shit is gone, and I am getting the bug to turn and amend soil outback for my outside grow lol

Nice to hear things are moving along well!!

And above all else, nice sunny day here, most of the white shit is gone, and I am getting the bug to turn and amend soil outback for my outside grow lol
Argh!! The white shit is still thick here. Damn last couple of days dropped more of it than during the last four months combined... Regarding turning and amending soil: I couldn't help myself but jump out on the balcony here for a short while to reposition and give the overwintering plants at least a few hours of sunshine. :)

Just got done mowing the yard. Right at this point of the season is my favorite time of the year here in Northern California. Once summer hits my beautiful backyard will turn into a dust bowl with tumbleweeds. this weather right now reminds me of Washington State. Once Lady G.I. retires will be headed there to hang our dog tags. Print out this pic onto a poster board and stick it to your window so that way you can see that when you look outside. LOL! Cheers!
15830189210073732628088251002071.jpg

Attachments

• 20200229_152537.jpg
    20200229_152537.jpg
    923.9 KB · Views: 52
Back
Top Bottom