Verb's Gorillas In Hempy Buckets - Under QB288 240W LED

4/29 Journal update

@FastBuds Gorilla Glue#4 autoflowers - Day 24
@Barney's Farm Gorilla Glue auto - Day 22

Hello magazine, friends & followers. :ciao:
Haven’t updated in a while - well there hasn’t be much to.
Hempy Glues shifting into the stretch phase. FastBud ones (in 1gallon pots) showed the first pistils between days 19-22, but the Barney’s Glue in 2L Hempy still haven’t developed a single pistil. Little worried if it’s going to be hermie. Don’t know if that has any influence but the tap root broke when transplanted the seedling couple weeks ago.

Yesterday got my new 3x3 tent. It is a sinowell’s 3x3x5
Also added the 250W HPS with 2100K bulb amongst with the LED’s. So the current lighting is 2x 100W Led panels with 4000K CCT & 250W HPS. Lamps are hung 20" above the canopy and this combo provides 65 000lux with current distances. The distribution is pretty even for over 2x2 footprint. Getting ~750-830PPDD coverage all over the three plants.
199F8B0C-F59E-41B0-AD03-9AE35C79685F.png

And the output CCT is pretty balanced 3000-3100K with the HPS and Leds combo.
Current lighting should cover the whole spectrum IR included from the HPS. Only thing is tent runs pretty hot during the day.. Peaks at 26-27C. …I need a decent led :/
998024A3-3B6F-4674-898B-E6AD427C1717.png

Well, to the plants then…
- Upped their feed to 1.9 EC two days ago / about 0.7EC ~350ppm of CalMag and Canna Magnesium
- Watering 5L Hempy buckets every two days / about 1.5L for each gives a good 20-30 runoff.
- 2L Coco/perlite Hempy needs to be watered daily about 0.5L

I’d like to Scrog them for max yield, but on the other hand I’d like to keep them individuals if I manage to keep them in moderate sized and stocky.
They all being topped - tried to FIM the Barney’s Glue.

Heres some pics from the past week

Today 4/29:
11F69479-AF3A-4AA3-8D57-957EC4B6A183.jpeg

FastBuds GG#2 being only about 8" tall and shes very bushy one. Gotta readjust the ties today
9D97AC11-0363-4296-8DFA-4A0D3DF83357.jpeg

4/28/2022:
B180D8AD-EF58-455A-97AB-5C196CF0FD6B.jpeg

4/27/2022:
423F9F41-523F-43B7-A9FD-BADE3D95B5EE.jpeg

GG#2
9996DFC9-76A1-4D71-B7DD-35076BE0840C.jpeg

4/26/2022:

4/25/2022:

Have a nice friday!
:passitleft:

- V

Looking good @Verbalist
Some fat leaves, she is happen, just wants a little more cal-mag.

Tok..
Hello Tok and thanks for tuning in!
Fat leaves indeed, and the smallest one in 2L pot has some Mg def still going.

Their CalMag dosage (Canna’s CalMag agent…still… :laughtwo:) goes ”high” as 0.5-0.8ml/L which results in 350-450ppm. Starting water is between 90-110ppm.
I figured the CalMag agent aka old coco buffer has shit loads of stabilizers or some gunk salts which rises the EC. Matter of fact 0.5ml/L provides only about ~50-60ppm Ca and about 10-15ppm Mg. @FelipeBlu please correct if I’m wrong here(?)

Also as I added the HPS and rised the LED’s, I assume their need for CalMag decreases for a bit. When the Leds are only ON they give about 300-350PPFD and rest ~500PPFD comes from the HPS.

Anyway truth is they prob consume the most Calcium during the stretch phase, so youre right! :)
Have a nice friday brother

Looking Fab Verb! How did you decide on every other day to feed? I see folks feed hempy every day or more. Not that I know better, I don't, never having grown that way.
Hey SO and great to see you around brother! :ciao:

At least for now as theyre on stretch mode I decided to go through some wet/dry cycles which at the same time limits their water for a bit - which should be a good thing considering the minimal stem elongation.
Well, you know what’s the wet/dry cycles good for :)

As they’re only in 5L pots which reservoir holds only about 0.7L I prob need to water them at least once, maybe twice during the bloom. And more frequent watering during the bloom ensures that they get fresh new oxygenated feed all the time.
Not sure which way would work better as it’s my first Hempy run ever. Trying, learnin and even failing :Rasta:

PS. Fingers crossed Barney’s Glue shows some pistils soon! Just inspected it and still nothing.

- Verb

As they’re only in 5L pots which reservoir holds only about 0.7L I prob need to water them at least once, maybe twice during the bloom. And more frequent watering during the bloom ensures that they get fresh new oxygenated feed all the time.
Not sure which way would work better as it’s my first Hempy run ever. Trying, learnin and even failing :Rasta:
You will probably end up fertigating daily - most big hempy girls drink about a gallon a day.

You will probably end up fertigating daily - most big hempy girls drink about a gallon a day.
Ciao amigo. That’s something what I thought so.
If they drink nowhere near as the plants did in DWC, then I prob end up watering them crazy :D But I’ll take that!

Could try to setup a gravity feed with these
1651308110604.jpeg

4mm hose used for gravity feed lets through about one liter in five minutes if the res is lifted ~two times higher than the pots.

5/2/2022 Update

Ciao 420mag!

FastBuds Glues getting end of the 4th week - Day 27 above ground.
Adjusted new LST ties so they look like mess right now :laughtwo:

Upped their feed yesterday to 2.2 EC / 1100ppm Yikes, :cheesygrinsmiley: we going pretty high already considering their age and size.
- 0.6ml/L CalMag agent = 40N, 35Ca & 15Mg ppm
- 2ml/L Remo Micro3-0-1 & 3% Ca = 65N, 65Ca 20K ppm
- 2.1ml/L Remo Grow2-3-5 & 1% Mg = 44N & 20Mg ppm
- 0.3ml/L Canna7%MgO = 15Mg ppm
+ Rest beneficials etc which does not contain Nitrogen, Calcium or Magnesium

So total about 145ppm Nitrogen, 100ppm (+19ppm tap water) 119ppm Calcium and 45ppm Magnesium Potassium:Nitrogen ratio almost 2:1 and therefore K:Ca ratio is 3:1. When the elements are in proportion they seem to be able to handle and eat stronger ferts.

Barney’s auto Glue is on day 25. Getting little worried about it..:oops: Plant keeps stretching and stretching and keeps producing only new bracts. Haven’t found a single pistil from it. And with my ”autoflower experience” :laughtwo: I’m having a strong feeling about it might be a male or herm.
It does basicly same what the Critical XL’s did… It just keeps growing new shoots from the nodes where it should have already shown some kind of hair so far. Should I try to put it for 12/12 schedule for couple of days and see if that helps to sex it? :hmmmm:
2BB989EE-151E-440C-8CFC-88E63B76DC77.jpeg

322356EA-5753-497D-ACBD-D8B311218A8F.jpeg

And the current light setup looks like this :laugh: Little exposed wires and I was too lazy to go buy the roperatchets.
Leds are 13" above the canopy and HPS 20". They getting pretty even 700-800PPFD and 75K lux.
BD205CDF-0311-4E53-A265-61A9D42FA1EF.jpeg

Buying the Carb filter any day soon. And the lighting needs to be upgraded into some kind of Led board - to get the whole 3x3 cover from the one source. All the affordable suggestions are welcome!

Have a nice monday fam :passitleft:
And thanks for stoppin by, I appreciate it!

- V

5/4/2022 Update

I did it again…
:rofl: Thought I’d go for the budget on this growth. But well, lol thats me - Growing appears to be fun only when I've got the proper system and equipment that I'm happy with. Shouldn't be like that, but with the proper equipment it feels a lot more comfortable.:high-five:
So hmm, where do we start? You may want to grab a seat for this read :laughtwo:

Today's shopping list
- - -
- @Remo Nutrients MagNifiCal
- @Remo Nutrients VeloKelp - this was a free sample! But now got the full Remo lineup except some of the non-NPK nutrients.
- Canna Zym - Wanted to give a try for this one. I've read a lot good about it and thought this could be the missing link for hydro growing. canna-uk.com
- Prima Klima K2600 6" Carbon Filter
  • Filtration capacity: 180-240 m3/h
  • Connection flange: 125 mm / 6 inches
  • Amount of RC-48 carbon: 1.7kg

Filter is hooked to 6” duct fan which has 195m3/h draft and 2500rpm. 3x3x6 tent volume is 0.9m x 0.9m x 1.8m = 1.45m3
And as the intake air is kinda like passive this setup creates a nice little vacuum inside the tent. Intake is tubed to come from the outside and there is one 5” PC fan helping the air to flow. This ensures constant fresh & CO2 rich air for the plants.
And whats the best - doesn't smell anymore!!

Filter up'n'runnin

Then let's get to the best part! New light!!
«Kingbrite 240W Full spectrum Quantum Board with Samsung LM301B & epistar 660nm – LED Grow Light»
2FA853E8-913A-4F10-85F3-0C632BEBAC81.jpeg

• High Efficiency 】 Samsung LM301B high-quality diodes provides Luminous Efficacy of 220 lm/W and up to 2.78μmol/J @ 216W +-5%
  • Full Spectrum Light For Indoor Growing】Consists 504pcs of Samsung LM301B chips with 3500K Color temperature and 72pcs of Epistar 660nm chips. CRI(Ra>): 80
  • MW/USP Driver】USP-240-AI-B Certificated Driver helps achieve high PAR output and longer lifespan. Boost yields and save electric costs. CE, RoHS & IP65 rated.
  • Dimmer Function】Flexible dimmer allows you to adjust light intensity from 10% to 100% brightness.
  • Coverage Area】Perfect for 4’x4’ vegetative coverage at 24” and 3’x3’ flowering coverage at 20” height.
  • Custom Design】2x QB288 Board 1.6 mm thickness aluminium circuit board with 9mm aluminium passive heat sink
8ECF2960-5785-42D7-82EB-5BFD506F30E9.jpeg

Light Dimensions634x195x10mm
Efficiency2.78μmol/J @214W Samsung LM301B (220 lm/W)
Flowering Footprint2'*4' or 3*3' or 4'*4'
Voltage48V
The warranty of the driver5 years
The warranty of the PCBA1 year
Boards2pcs
How many LM301B chips504pcs - Samsung LM301B - 3500K CCT
How many Epistar chips72pcs - Epistar 660nm
USP-240MB Driver1set USP-240-AI-B
other accessorieshang wires, connect wires, connectors, plug wire.

Unboxing the light :surf:

1.5m cord for the driver so it can be placed outside the tent if wanted!

Simple and robust design

I’ll setup the light later today and measure the actual output PAR and PPFD readings. I’ll post the results later!

Then the Gorilla jungle!
Now following Remo’s _SIMPLE_ schedule; 2ml/L Micro, Grow, Magnifical, VeloKelp and 1ml/L Astro Flower gives me:
187ppm Nitrogen
67ppm Phosphorus
223ppm Potassium
129ppm Calcium
53ppm Magnesium
+ rest trace elements in acceptable range

Planning to switch Grow into Bloom during the 5th week and Astro Flower dosage will be gradually raised up to 2ml/L.

5/3 - Day 28

Ohh and not to forget the free bonus stuff that I got amongst with the light. I was literally dying when opened the box - CHINESE ROLLING TRAY :laugh::rofl: Lmao
It has blinking RGB leds and sound button. This one got me BIG time :rofl: It plays some Chinese whining while the LEDs are blinking. …Try to roll up the Jay without laughing. :laugh: …And get back inside after the smoke, first thing you hear is YUUUU-CHIIIIII-HAU-YIUUUUU-DUDUDU:rofl:

I really need to post a video of this with sounds on.

Stay tuned! Have a nice & smoky day

- Verb

It is great to see you putting it back together again Verb. Nice looking ladies too. Time to fill those jars again!

Back in the saddle again Verb! Nice to see! Warms my heart!
:circle-of-love: Thanks SO.
Don't need much to make this man happier again.

This one could be the long waited and wanted top notch round. The start felt kinda boring but geting more interested again, hehe.

It is great to see you putting it back together again Verb. Nice looking ladies too. Time to fill those jars again!
Hey @LKABudMan great to see you around brother! And thanks. Cultivating the own herb starts be like a lifestyle, so it takes to do it properly ;)

And indeed, those bigger mason jars would need filling like asap. Actually having a pretty tight schedule for this run. I’m kind of expecting them to be ready in 65-75 days after they popped. I’ve done couple autos so far in 65-68 days, so it's doable.

5/4/2022 Update

I did it again…
:rofl: Thought I’d go for the budget on this growth. But well, lol thats me - Growing appears to be fun only when I've got the proper system and equipment that I'm happy with. Shouldn't be like that, but with the proper equipment it feels a lot more comfortable.:high-five:
So hmm, where do we start? You may want to grab a seat for this read :laughtwo:

Today's shopping list
- - -
- @Remo Nutrients MagNifiCal
- @Remo Nutrients VeloKelp - this was a free sample! But now got the full Remo lineup except some of the non-NPK nutrients.
- Canna Zym - Wanted to give a try for this one. I've read a lot good about it and thought this could be the missing link for hydro growing. canna-uk.com
- Prima Klima K2600 6" Carbon Filter
  • Filtration capacity: 180-240 m3/h
  • Connection flange: 125 mm / 6 inches
  • Amount of RC-48 carbon: 1.7kg

Filter is hooked to 6” duct fan which has 195m3/h draft and 2500rpm. 3x3x6 tent volume is 0.9m x 0.9m x 1.8m = 1.45m3
And as the intake air is kinda like passive this setup creates a nice little vacuum inside the tent. Intake is tubed to come from the outside and there is one 5” PC fan helping the air to flow. This ensures constant fresh & CO2 rich air for the plants.
And whats the best - doesn't smell anymore!!

Filter up'n'runnin

Then let's get to the best part! New light!!
«Kingbrite 240W Full spectrum Quantum Board with Samsung LM301B & epistar 660nm – LED Grow Light»
2FA853E8-913A-4F10-85F3-0C632BEBAC81.jpeg

• High Efficiency 】 Samsung LM301B high-quality diodes provides Luminous Efficacy of 220 lm/W and up to 2.78μmol/J @ 216W +-5%
  • Full Spectrum Light For Indoor Growing】Consists 504pcs of Samsung LM301B chips with 3500K Color temperature and 72pcs of Epistar 660nm chips. CRI(Ra>): 80
  • MW/USP Driver】USP-240-AI-B Certificated Driver helps achieve high PAR output and longer lifespan. Boost yields and save electric costs. CE, RoHS & IP65 rated.
  • Dimmer Function】Flexible dimmer allows you to adjust light intensity from 10% to 100% brightness.
  • Coverage Area】Perfect for 4’x4’ vegetative coverage at 24” and 3’x3’ flowering coverage at 20” height.
  • Custom Design】2x QB288 Board 1.6 mm thickness aluminium circuit board with 9mm aluminium passive heat sink
8ECF2960-5785-42D7-82EB-5BFD506F30E9.jpeg

Light Dimensions634x195x10mm
Efficiency2.78μmol/J @214W Samsung LM301B (220 lm/W)
Flowering Footprint2'*4' or 3*3' or 4'*4'
Voltage48V
The warranty of the driver5 years
The warranty of the PCBA1 year
Boards2pcs
How many LM301B chips504pcs - Samsung LM301B - 3500K CCT
How many Epistar chips72pcs - Epistar 660nm
USP-240MB Driver1set USP-240-AI-B
other accessorieshang wires, connect wires, connectors, plug wire.

Unboxing the light :surf:

1.5m cord for the driver so it can be placed outside the tent if wanted!

Simple and robust design

I’ll setup the light later today and measure the actual output PAR and PPFD readings. I’ll post the results later!

Then the Gorilla jungle!
Now following Remo’s _SIMPLE_ schedule; 2ml/L Micro, Grow, Magnifical, VeloKelp and 1ml/L Astro Flower gives me:
187ppm Nitrogen
67ppm Phosphorus
223ppm Potassium
129ppm Calcium
53ppm Magnesium
+ rest trace elements in acceptable range

Planning to switch Grow into Bloom during the 5th week and Astro Flower dosage will be gradually raised up to 2ml/L.

5/3 - Day 28

Ohh and not to forget the free bonus stuff that I got amongst with the light. I was literally dying when opened the box - CHINESE ROLLING TRAY :laugh::rofl: Lmao
It has blinking RGB leds and sound button. This one got me BIG time :rofl: It plays some Chinese whining while the LEDs are blinking. …Try to roll up the Jay without laughing. :laugh: …And get back inside after the smoke, first thing you hear is YUUUU-CHIIIIII-HAU-YIUUUUU-DUDUDU:rofl:

I really need to post a video of this with sounds on.

Stay tuned! Have a nice & smoky day

- Verb
Glad to see you Rocken & Rolling Verb. :thumb:
Hope your good my friend.

Stat safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

New toys . Lmao. Love it
Hah innit :laughtwo: :love:
ready in all its simplicity! Pic below

Nice new setup V!

Hehe I actually dig that rolling tray (minus any weird sounds :laugh: )
Thanks Rex :love: I just love it right now. So quiet. The carb filter exhaust fan keeps ~25dB hum. No more noisy air stones or pumps.

Haha look it has this button right here. I could upload mp4 file of this chinese song :laugh:
4B2A7657-C602-430A-9695-D7FC64AE8043.jpeg

Glad to see you Rocken & Rolling Verb. :thumb:
Hope your good my friend.

Stat safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill
Hola amigo!
I’ll try my best to :theband:’Roll these plants! Fortunately found this led light this quick after I heard what Renee told you.
And don't get me wrong, I was kinda expecting it. So at the end of the day everything went goood.

Okay so got the setup ready…
Light is set 20" above the canopy for now. Dimmed to ~75% gives 700-800PPFD for each plant.
I’ll measure the whole coverage tomorrow when the lights go back on.

Temps staying stable between 22-24C when lights on, and environment just gets a bit dry in tent because of the negative pressure. Gotta keep the humidifier on 24/7.

GG#2 - Day 29

GG#1 - Day 29

And groupie

Tomorrow is definitely a training day for the plants. :)

PS. If you're wondering whats the CCT output with 3500K + added 660nm red, it was something between 3100-3200K - Perfect for the flowering phase!

Thanks for stoppin by! I appreciate it.
Stay medicated :passitleft:

- Verb

5/5/2022 Update

Let's continue with the PAR testings.
The PAR map from the light specs seem to differ a bit from the reality. Prob because I’m only having a 3x3 area to measure and some of the light is refracted from the tent walls.

Thats the one that I found (left map 0.5m distance = ~20”) 4x4 area measured.
274AF0FC-903A-4266-9807-8B989AA405C2.jpeg

I had the light setup 19-20” above the canopy, dimmed to ~75%. Measured with the Photone app using the correct light option (LED Fullspectrum) gave me this on the center/hotspot:

Any other Photone LED-option gave me +1100-1400PPFD and those readings must be inaccurate as they measure deeper blue or red wave lengths.

And the lowest value I got inside the 3x3 area (on the right corner) was:

20” above provides even 49K lux for over 2x2 footprint.

700-800PPFD with the current light schedule 19/5 results in about 50 DLI

And the CCT output of 3500K with added 660nm red is:

Love the efficiency! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Plants also seem to love the new light already
Bud set seem start any day soon! :yahoo:

FastBuds Glues in 5L Hempies drinks the whole 0.7L reservoir in 12hrs - Drunks!
Started to water them twice per day. Also raised the Magnifical dosage up to 2.2ml/L so they getting about 135ppm Ca and 60ppm Mg in total.
If any problems occur on transpiration, then I might add a CO2 bag.

Have a nice day 420fam!

- V

5/7/2022 Update

Howdy magazine :ciao:
Plants seem to love the new light and they starting to get the shape! Tent's filling up in full speed whilst the "wet plant" smell is starting to gain a slight skunky aroma!

I've basicly trained the Perlite hempies into the desired shape and the Barney's Glue gets to grow naturally as it pleases.
So we're pretty much on the autopilot right now. :popcorn:

@FastBuds Glues are on day 32 and looks like they starting fill out as the bud set has started!
They're under a 19hrs light schedule and I've to water them twice in a day, approx 0.75L per time so ~1.5L per day. They definitely drink faster than I'm watering, but I guess going through kind of wet/dry cycles is good for them.

One day difference. Doesn't look much, but the outer leaves were barely touching to the tent walls yesterday and now:

Yday:

Bud set:

Structure:

Barney's Farm Gorilla glue auto started to push out first pistils after I kept it for 12h darkness for three nights.
Don't know if the plant has lost the ruderalis genes or if it somehow requires at least 6hrs dark per day..:hmmmm: If it's a true auto it should start flowering no matter what if I keep the lights on 24hrs.
0F3AB3CB-B3BA-40DF-9EC0-F3E1454F3AED.png

2L root space and 0.35L ”res”. Shes bout 17” tall and wondering how big she going to get in that bucket.
2BC02F22-3874-45FA-BC43-AF90C61C3959.jpeg

A9BA76FB-C43C-4A9A-BB4A-9062894FA78C.jpeg

Hopefully she starts to catch up!

Have a nice friday! Stay safe & medicated

- Verb

6B3FE7AF-8EFA-4CEE-8DC7-FF0BA7F43F92.png

7F446BF9-43AB-4631-B01D-02C4BDC4FB33.jpeg

5/9/2022 Update

Quick monday wrap up.
During the weekend switched @Remo Nutrients Grow to the Bloom. Grow had 1% Mg and Bloom does not contain at all - so got a 22ppm drop in Magnesium…Which had to be repaired immediately after a day, by Canna's 7% Magnesium to get it back to 50-60ppm.
- 2ml/L Magnifical, Micro, Bloom, Velokelp & 1.5ml/L Astroflower, Terpinator + rest beneficials
  • pH 5.9
  • EC 2.4 / ~1200ppm
* Tent temp day/night: 24/20C
* Tent humidity: 40-55% RH
* Light schedule: 19/5
* PPFD & DLI: 750-850ppfd & ~55DLI
* Light 19” above @75%
* Tested the runoff for the giggles; 2.5EC - Should maybe lower the nute str for a bit
* Watering 5L Hempies twice per day 0.8-1L at time

Barney's auto Glue is a total weirdo… ”she” been on the 12/12 schedule for about 5 days now. First tiny pistils showed up couple days ago but shit wont mature. :hmmmm: Now the plant has some iron def/lockout going, but still thrives and keeps growing the foliar mass.
Wondering how big is it going to grow before even starting the pre-flower.

See the 0.5L Diamond nectar bottle as a reference

New shoots = more foliar mass, no signs of the pre-flowers

Stay safe

- V

5/11/2022 Journal update

~start of the 6th week~

Hellow!
Update again shall we? Theyve grown a lot in past three days. 3x3 tent getting crowded right now. Didn't really expect they going to stretch that much. :oops:

Yesterday gave them a bit more aggresive LST:ing - now theyre in a desired shape and and the rest of what they grow so now they get to grow vertically. Also defoliated couple bigger fans shading the bud sites.

Post LST from last night

Structure. I have tried a bit to apply LA's training and LST methods.

After less than 12hrs all the colas and scropped bud sites standing up and reaching for the light. :yummy:

GG#2 bud set has officially started! Her sister GG#1 seem to be the slower one even tho they've got exactly same feed and same amount of water.
Bud sites everywhere :drool:

Barney's auto glue is a real mystery plant… She showed the first signs of the sex almost a week ago, but the pistils wont start stacking. Instead the damn plant keeps growing. As the 2L pot dries out plant almost tips over as its quite top heavy :laugh:

And heres 5/11 groupie:

Need to setup some kind of automatic or gravity feeding system during the 6-7th week before the buds start to swell. These gals drink 1L almost completely in 6hrs! The thought of watering them three times a day already hurts my back :rofl:

Have a nice weedo-wednesday.
Stay safe
Thanks
- V

Back
Top Bottom