PWA / Mobile

Founder
Posts split from - 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow!

I would recommend adding a link to the journal to your signature. Looking forward to following your journal.
Speaking of which, looks like you need some help too brother.

Your link to '21 Outdoor Garden w/ Sexxpot & Pinkman Goo isn't working

Also, your links to your sponsors are not either
Sponsored by: @Weed Seeds Express | @GeoFlora Nutrients | Bestva LED @GrowTina | @Sierra Natural Science | @DYNOMYCO

I'll ask @Teddy Edwards @Renee Roberts to help you both get them resolved behind the scenes.

Speaking of which, looks like you need some help too brother.

Your link to '21 Outdoor Garden w/ Sexxpot & Pinkman Goo isn't working

Also, your links to your sponsors are not either
Sponsored by: @Weed Seeds Express | @GeoFlora Nutrients | Bestva LED @GrowTina | @Sierra Natural Science | @DYNOMYCO

I'll ask @Teddy Edwards @Renee Roberts to help you both get them resolved behind the scenes.
I utilized the share feature on my first post. I copied the link it provided and used that to paste it. I just tried it again and it is still giving me the error. Hmmm...

Also, I just went into the sponsor links and I made sure to tag them and select their account. I hit save and it is still not working. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Thank you for the heads up. I'll keep working on it until it's right.

I utilized the share feature on my first post. I copied the link it provided and used that to paste it. I just tried it again and it is still giving me the error. Hmmm...
You'll get a DM from one of our Mods who will help you soon, thank you for your patience.

You'll get a DM from one of our Mods who will help you soon, thank you for your patience.
Ok. I was able to fix it. No need for a DM. There is something to consider or look into.

I am primarily using the 420 Magazine app to peruse the site nowadays.

In order to fix the link issue, I had to go to the actual website. Instead of using the app to edit my signature, I opened up the actual webpage and direct copied the links that way.

For some reason the app is not properly allowing me to tag the sponsors either. I instead went into each profile to copy the link and then just highlight and manually add the link that way. Then this happened... :(

Looks like I'll be removing some non-sponsor links.

Screenshot_20210518-144057_Chrome.jpg

Ok. I was able to fix it. No need for a DM. There is something to consider or look into.

I am primarily using the 420 Magazine app to peruse the site nowadays.

In order to fix the link issue, I had to go to the actual website. Instead of using the app to edit my signature, I opened up the actual webpage and direct copied the links that way.

For some reason the app is not properly allowing me to tag the sponsors either. I instead went into each profile to copy the link and then just highlight and manually add the link that way. Then this happened... :(

Looks like I'll be removing some non-sponsor links.

Screenshot_20210518-144057_Chrome.jpg
What “app” are you referring to? We scrapped the mobile app a couple years ago, do you mean the Progressive Web App?

What “app” are you referring to? We scrapped the mobile app a couple years ago, do you mean the Progressive Web App?
Uhhhh...I don't know. The one on the left if that helps you at all. I would normally access the site via my Chrome browser and then I saw something that asked if I wanted to use the app instead.

Screenshot_20210518-151657_One UI Home.jpg

@Marc Ocean can you please move these posts about the PWA to their own thread in website feedback and bump it when you subscribe, so we can resume this conversation there :thanks:

On mobile, you wouldn't get just the link when you press the share button. You have to remove the additional text it adds before publishing the post.

Example of what you'll get:
Code:
Thread: '420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow!' https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/420-magazines-official-girl-scout-cookies-comparative-grow.497926/page-41
You're likely copy/pasting all of this into the URL field to use as a link for your post. So it'll always be broken unless you edit the additional text out before posting.

Hey Marc. Thanks for moving these posts to this new location. I didn't mean to clog up the other thread. Just happened naturally. I'm really glad @420 caught that my links were broken.

Anyway, just so we are on the same page, this is the share button I used to copy & paste from the web app on my phone.
Screenshot_20210519-185737_Chrome.jpg

This is what was given back to me as the user.

Post in thread 'PWA / Mobile' PWA / Mobile

So you are saying that anytime we want to use the share button, we need to edit out the prefaced text? I guess my next question would be why have that prefaced text in the first place?!

So you are saying that anytime we want to use the share button, we need to edit out the prefaced text? I guess my next question would be why have that prefaced text in the first place?!
Yea.

I guess the intention was just to directly copy/paste it to the post like what you just did instead of adding it to the URL field of a link like you were doing.

Yea.

I guess the intention was just to directly copy/paste it to the post like what you just did instead of adding it to the URL field of a link like you were doing.
Gotcha. Makes sense. My work around was to open the desktop site directly in chrome and then just copy/paste the url to the text in my signature.

@BakedARea It appears your signature links to Emilya and Shed are still not working
The links to the thread are working. The link to their profile is not. I just changed the link to be all the text instead. Thanks for the heads up.

@Marc Ocean to summarize, has this member discovered any difference between the PWA and accessing from mobile or desktop from a browser that we should include as a disclaimer in the new PWA tutorial?
I think @BakedARea only used PWA and later fixed it by using the desktop version of the site. It isn't clear if it was the desktop version via Chrome mobile app or just using a desktop.

There are three methods of access on mobile:
  • Responsive design (default on most devices)
  • Desktop version via mobile (have to click a "Desktop Site" button in Settings)
  • PWA
PWA and the responsive design should be similar.

Desktop version via mobile should be similar to using a real desktop to access the site.

I think @BakedARea only used PWA and later fixed it by using the desktop version of the site. It isn't clear if it was the desktop version via Chrome mobile app or just using a desktop.

There are three methods of access on mobile:
  • Responsive design (default on most devices)
  • Desktop version via mobile (have to click a "Desktop Site" button in Settings)
  • PWA
PWA and the responsive design should be similar.

Desktop version via mobile should be similar to using a real desktop to access the site.
How can we be sure, before moving forward?

I want to know if there are any differences between PWA, Mobile and Desktop that we should explain in the new PWA tutorial we worked on. Members need consistency with functions across all three methods of access.

How can we be sure, before moving forward?
I've tried all three.

The responsive mobile design and mobile PWA act the same way.
The desktop version of the web page on mobile acts the same way as using a desktop.
Desktop PWA acts the same way as using a desktop.

When you use the mobile responsive design or PWA on mobile, you miss the additional text and only see the end of the URL when pasting it into the field. You have to check all of the contents because an invalid URL will be broken.

The real intention is to copy/paste it directly into the editor. Not into a URL field.
I want to know if there are any differences between PWA, Mobile and Desktop that we should explain in the new PWA tutorial we worked on. Members need consistency with functions across all three methods of access.
This would be better for a "Share Button" tutorial.

Back
Top Bottom