Quantum boards

BB0420

Hello everyone I’m building a 42x42 light frame to house (6) qb96Elites. They will be ran from (3) HLG-320H-54A drivers mounted outside my 5x5 tent. My frame is built im looking to finish everything tomorrow. At that point I will upload pictures.

Has anyone else built something similar to this? Looking for some feed back. Also whatever you guys are using. I’m coming from using 2 viparspectra 1200w

They were from a company that's no longer in business their called fusion boards, same lm561c diodes in different ranges with some 660red and I don't remember what k value the blues are.

The boards attach to 1/2" aluminum angle 1/8" thick and a couple pieces of slotted steel angle for the ends. With aluminum ends the frame wanted to twist more than I liked. Those boards don't use a separate heatsink so there's no extra rigidity to them.

I have some new ones from atreum with the newer lm301b diodes. They use a separate heatsink and do provide some rigidity to the Frame. But they are hung in individual rows and not one big unit right now

I've seen Atreum mentioned a free times. How would you rate the quality of the products you got from that company?

So that's, overall, a neutral rating, then? Great customer service - but poor order packaging / inspection skills?

Not sure who's to blame for the missing hardware. One package out of 6 only had 7 of the 9 screws in it. So it's not like they didn't notice a missing bag, the bag was there.
If they sort and pack the hardware bags then yes their fault. If the hardware bags are supplied by a third party vendor it's slightly harder to catch that particular mistake.( I wouldn't pay a guy to count individual screws in supplied parts. ) I would complain to my vendor and eat the hours labor worth of shipping.

They sent the replacement hardware same day via overnight shipping. Which was a good enough remedy for me I wasn't dead in the water without it and I had the parts before I actually needed to use them.

As good of product as the competitors and slightly less expensive, I wouldn't, and don't hesitate to recommend them to others.

Not sure who's to blame for the missing hardware. One package out of 6 only had 7 of the 9 screws in it. So it's not like they didn't notice a missing bag, the bag was there.
If they sort and pack the hardware bags then yes their fault. If the hardware bags are supplied by a third party vendor it's slightly harder to catch that particular mistake.( I wouldn't pay a guy to count individual screws in supplied parts. ) I would complain to my vendor and eat the hours labor worth of shipping.

They sent the replacement hardware same day via overnight shipping. Which was a good enough remedy for me I wasn't dead in the water without it and I had the parts before I actually needed to use them.

As good of product as the competitors and slightly less expensive, I wouldn't, and don't hesitate to recommend them to others.

Now see they went above and beyond (overnight shipping on 2 screws) so in my mind they
are in good standing and would not hesitate to give them a try

Yup those were my thoughts, and I now have 7 extra screws because they sent a whole bag of 9. So technically I got more than I paid for if you want to split hairs. For the price compared to others you could afford to buy all the hardware.

Yeah, the overnight shipping would be a positive point, and I agree that, if they source their hardware prepackaged, that it wouldn't (directly) be their fault. I was thinking... IDK, like if an employee is supposed to include five things and only manages to throw three or four into the box. Guess I'll erase that "perceived negative" from my mind unless/until I read about something of the sort happening again.

Apologies for being a nit picker. I'm assuming that the possibility exists that reviews and reported experiences from the forum membership could be considered if a business gets considered as a forum sponsor, lol. But in this case... Pretty much a generally good feeling, it seems. Wonder if the owner of the company would be interested in advertising here?

I went with HLG. Heard nothing but good things. I’m going to be just under a 1000watts once dialed in. Here is my frame. I would’ve had it done a couple days ago but just cut down my 4 white widow plants.

Attachments

• DEA7E5E9-EF60-4655-B2D0-54574DC6004F.jpeg
    DEA7E5E9-EF60-4655-B2D0-54574DC6004F.jpeg
    594.6 KB · Views: 202
  • B9860603-14C6-4E78-BB50-B20968F51331.jpeg
    B9860603-14C6-4E78-BB50-B20968F51331.jpeg
    518.1 KB · Views: 188
  • B90A61AA-5606-44CE-9277-42FCBEF24C0E.jpeg
    B90A61AA-5606-44CE-9277-42FCBEF24C0E.jpeg
    475.2 KB · Views: 215
  • 3A2FDAE2-4582-4C90-96DC-996226481B9C.jpeg
    3A2FDAE2-4582-4C90-96DC-996226481B9C.jpeg
    494.6 KB · Views: 196
  • C63F31DC-25B7-49CE-AAD8-D2B7561BE18C.jpeg
    C63F31DC-25B7-49CE-AAD8-D2B7561BE18C.jpeg
    777.1 KB · Views: 188
Yeah, the overnight shipping would be a positive point, and I agree that, if they source their hardware prepackaged, that it wouldn't (directly) be their fault. I was thinking... IDK, like if an employee is supposed to include five things and only manages to throw three or four into the box. Guess I'll erase that "perceived negative" from my mind unless/until I read about something of the sort happening again.

Apologies for being a nit picker. I'm assuming that the possibility exists that reviews and reported experiences from the forum membership could be considered if a business gets considered as a forum sponsor, lol. But in this case... Pretty much a generally good feeling, it seems. Wonder if the owner of the company would be interested in advertising here?

I don't think they give away advertising here. The rumored prices I heard from a previous sponsor made my jaw drop. More than some small businesses gross lol. But like I said previous sponsor so it's possible the milk was a little sour at that point.

I would imagine most companies are interested in at least hearing about new/different advertising options.

Advertising rates to an audience pretty much guaranteed to be comprised of the people you'd be likely to sell to are going to be higher than the general audience type stuff, I should think.

I don't think they give away advertising here. The rumored prices I heard from a previous sponsor made my jaw drop. More than some small businesses gross lol.

You know what they say about rumors.

For the record, they only pay $300 a month and some make tens of thousands monthly in return.

We spend more than that managing some of their accounts.

I wonder what kinds of businesses don't gross over $300 per month :hmmmm:

You know what they say about rumors.

For the record, they only pay $300 a month and some make tens of thousands monthly in return.

We spend more than that managing some of their accounts.

I wonder what kinds of businesses don't gross over $300 per month :hmmmm:

But like I said previous sponsor so it's possible the milk was a little sour at that point.

Thanks for the clarification though

@Nunyabiz really you would’ve had 3 different light frames? I don’t know I though about doing it like that. All my plants are in the same hydro system and start the same time. I don’t know I grow scrog I feel like 1 big frame is easier for me. Instead of worrying about trying to lower lights with barely any working room. But are there any benefits to having 3 separate frames?

There is if you're growing sativas and indicas in the same screen at the same time, I should think.

Back
Top Bottom