Question about leaves and conditions

Here is an updated picture. I think the foil is really helping and light leak was a big part of the problem. It looks much darker in there. I would assume GH would have thought of making the container light proof. I have less foam and less ph spike today. I threw in another 300ml bottle of peroxide at 3%, tomorrow I'll try washing the roots again and flushing it. It does look much happier already. I hope I'm not overdoing it with the peroxide but I'm terrified what the roots look like that are in the hydroton.

What do you guys think of turning the cycle to flower on monday? I kinda want to get this over with and start over properly. I want to get another bucket in there if I can do this right. Should I wait till the roots are fully recovered, and the ac and co2 are running then flower?

Attachments

• 20200430_121135.jpg
    20200430_121135.jpg
    638.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 20200430_122126.jpg
    20200430_122126.jpg
    469.9 KB · Views: 28
Here is an updated picture. I think the foil is really helping and light leak was a big part of the problem. It looks much darker in there. I would assume GH would have thought of making the container light proof. I have less foam and less ph spike today. I threw in another 300ml bottle of peroxide at 3%, tomorrow I'll try washing the roots again and flushing it. It does look much happier already. I hope I'm not overdoing it with the peroxide but I'm terrified what the roots look like that are in the hydroton.

What do you guys think of turning the cycle to flower on monday? I kinda want to get this over with and start over properly. I want to get another bucket in there if I can do this right. Should I wait till the roots are fully recovered, and the ac and co2 are running then flower?
Great that it's improving,shows you're on the right track. The slime might return a little and you will have to rinse it off again. So I'd wait maybe 4 or 5 days until you switch to flower, just to give the roots time to recover.

Look into pool shock it’s a product used for pools to prevent algae growth and whatnot. I don’t use it but I know a lot of dwc guys use it to keep roots healthy and clean. It’s the ingredient they use in uc roots I believe. Seen roots like yours tuned around in a few days with explosive growth. Keeping that water nice and cool is very important. And like you figured out keeping light from shining in the res.

Look into pool shock it’s a product used for pools to prevent algae growth and whatnot. I don’t use it but I know a lot of dwc guys use it to keep roots healthy and clean. It’s the ingredient they use in uc roots I believe. Seen roots like yours tuned around in a few days with explosive growth. Keeping that water nice and cool is very important. And like you figured out keeping light from shining in the res.
Thanks! I'll look for it. Roots seem to be at stake mate with brown stuff. I can't cool my res anymore until that ac comes and I dont know if it would cut it just blowing on it.

Plan B would be to get another bucket connect them together with an external res with a chiller. I'll see if I can find that pool shock stuff while I wait on my other things. I stuck another bottle of peroxide in there today and tomorrow I'll wash off the roots again and give it some more peroxide.

Thanks.

Thanks! I'll look for it. Roots seem to be at stake mate with brown stuff. I can't cool my res anymore until that ac comes and I dont know if it would cut it just blowing on it.

Plan B would be to get another bucket connect them together with an external res with a chiller. I'll see if I can find that pool shock stuff while I wait on my other things. I stuck another bottle of peroxide in there today and tomorrow I'll wash off the roots again and give it some more peroxide.

Thanks.

that makes me think you could just get a way with a big reservoir like 20-30 gallons piped into the bucket with a pump to push water in to bucket with a return pipe back to reservoir. Maybe run the pump once an hour or maybe more frequent to keep replacing the water. Keeping that reservoir in a cooler spot outside the room would really help water temps and if need be you could freeze water bottles and just put them in as needed to bring water temps down. The bigger volume of water will be better able to stay at the temperatures you need.

that makes me think you could just get a way with a big reservoir like 20-30 gallons piped into the bucket with a pump to push water in to bucket with a return pipe back to reservoir. Maybe run the pump once an hour or maybe more frequent to keep replacing the water. Keeping that reservoir in a cooler spot outside the room would really help water temps and if need be you could freeze water bottles and just put them in as needed to bring water temps down. The bigger volume of water will be better able to stay at the temperatures you need.
I only have one plant with a 2 gallon res. An external res for that one plant is over kill and I have the space for more. I was just experimenting before buying more. I won't mind running an external tank with 5 gallons on those. I never did this before but I imagine I'll have an in and out in both buckets that end st the res constantly circulating with a chiller in the external. I already have the pump and the bucket for the res. I just need one more water farm and some plumbing fittings.

I'll make it through this grow and then retry with that.

I only have one plant with a 2 gallon res. An external res for that one plant is over kill and I have the space for more. I was just experimenting before buying more. I won't mind running an external tank with 5 gallons on those. I never did this before but I imagine I'll have an in and out in both buckets that end st the res constantly circulating with a chiller in the external. I already have the pump and the bucket for the res. I just need one more water farm and some plumbing fittings.

I'll make it through this grow and then retry with that.

sounds like you got it sorted! good luck

sounds like you got it sorted! good luck
I am trying. Lol. I am trying to get my hands on 35% peroxide but everyone is out. Amazon didnt even ship yet. I keep wining and losing ground to this. I'm dumping nutes tomorrow and switching to gh like I've been told to. I also will look for pool shock tomorrow. Gotta beat this thing. The AC is also still it moving haha. Bad timing I guess.

I need to figure out what concentration and how to use that pool shock stuff. I didn't get that far yet.

I am trying. Lol. I am trying to get my hands on 35% peroxide but everyone is out. Amazon didnt even ship yet. I keep wining and losing ground to this. I'm dumping nutes tomorrow and switching to gh like I've been told to. I also will look for pool shock tomorrow. Gotta beat this thing. The AC is also still it moving haha. Bad timing I guess.

I need to figure out what concentration and how to use that pool shock stuff. I didn't get that far yet.

I will ask my friend he’s a dwc guy in Los Angeles and is a beast. Look online to see what you can find too but I’m sure it’s a standard measurement for everyone using the stuff. I wouldn’t recommend something if I didn’t feel you could benefit from it. If worst comes to worst you can scrap the plant and start fresh sometimes that is the easier route instead of reversing a problem that has compounded.

I will ask my friend he’s a dwc guy in Los Angeles and is a beast. Look online to see what you can find too but I’m sure it’s a standard measurement for everyone using the stuff. I wouldn’t recommend something if I didn’t feel you could benefit from it. If worst comes to worst you can scrap the plant and start fresh sometimes that is the easier route instead of reversing a problem that has compounded.

I looked up a formula based on the concentration of the brand, and the chemical make up. One is sodium based that is poison to plants and the other is chlorine I think which is food. My mission tomorrow is to get some. I just put in my last bottle of peroxide in there the fungus got worse but i also see lots of new white roots so the battle is not over. I'll wash them and shock tomorrow!

Thanks for the help guys. I was feeling defeated now I am optimistic. :)

Back
Top Bottom