Question about nutrients

Hey bro....I use Botanicare nutrients. They offer 2 products that complement each other well. You first wanna buy the Pro Veg. Formula. I got mine at a local hydro store. Then start out feeding your plants a lower dosage and increase each week. Once, you begin putting your plants into flowering (12/12) your gonna want to buy the Botanicare Pro Bloom formula. Thats what I'm feeding and its working real well...good luck

A lot depends on your grow medium, strain and enviromental surroundings...

... how 'bout a bit more info on your grow?
What strain? Lights? Medium? Etc, Etc,

I'm growing 1 outdoors and just use Miracle grow 15-30-15 for nutrients. I use the foliar method of spraying the undersides of the leaves at night as to not burn the leaves via the sun rays magnifying the water causing singeing. I feed once a week.

Hope that helps!

Stop using Miracle grow right now. If you are outdoors start mixing in the soil some Dried Blood (good for N) some Bone Meal (good for P) and for K I use Soya Flour, very high in Potassium and very low in salt content. I'm not sure on the ratio to use the Soya Flour, so don't mix in too much. Everything else follow instructions. pics said 1 piss per gallon of water to water your plant with that. There are lots of great organic things you can use for outdoor. Putting in anything that is decomposing will be good because it will attract worms and worms are great, allowing air to flow through to the roots more easily and leaving their castings wich are great source of nutrients. Guano is also a good fertilizer. I would use organic ferts instead of chemical, especially with the outdoor grow, you can really benefit from mother nature.

Sounds like some good advice. I'm going to go to the store and pic up some org ferts. One question on that is, how do I mix the ferts into the soil once the plant is already planted? I don't want to hit any roots. Plus it's in a large single pot, not in the ground.

brett2themax said:
Stop using Miracle grow right now. If you are outdoors start mixing in the soil some Dried Blood (good for N) some Bone Meal (good for P) and for K I use Soya Flour, very high in Potassium and very low in salt content. I'm not sure on the ratio to use the Soya Flour, so don't mix in too much. Everything else follow instructions. pics said 1 piss per gallon of water to water your plant with that. There are lots of great organic things you can use for outdoor. Putting in anything that is decomposing will be good because it will attract worms and worms are great, allowing air to flow through to the roots more easily and leaving their castings wich are great source of nutrients. Guano is also a good fertilizer. I would use organic ferts instead of chemical, especially with the outdoor grow, you can really benefit from mother nature.

The organic ferts are liquid form. You mix the solution with water and water your plants every 3-5 days. I use Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Grow. Get the vegetative formula if your vegging the switch to the blooming formula. 2 different bottles. That's all I've used on my grow and check out how they turned out!

Thanks fellas, appreciate the advice. I'll check it out at the store I buy from...which is ironically called "green thumb".

BTW, Chico, I monitor the moisture & PH levels in the soil and I usually only water every 5-7 days.

Also, my PH is up to 7 and over and I've tried using a PH lower but it's not helping...

Any advice???

Delta, your gonna want to buy pH UP not pH down. If your water solution is at 7+, you want to use just a tiny bit of pH UP to make the solution more basic. Then get the pH between 5.5 - 6.5.
Hope this helps

Chico, a basic PH is one that is over 7.0, an acidic PH is one that is under. So if I use a PH UP it's going to raise the PH even more than it already is, thus making it MORE basic. I think my PH lower is pretty old and was weather worn by being outside for almost a year so when I pick up the organic ferts I'll ask the nursery which one would be appropriate.

Correct me if I'm wrong...

Back
Top Bottom