Question about stealth grow box

Toker98

I am thinking about starting a small stealth grow for personal use. I have a cabinet that is older and is well built with 2 wooden sliding doors.... its 2 feet high, 2 feet 4 inches depth and almost 4 feet 6 inches in length. Would this box work for micro grows using soil and garden "edible" ferts using 120mm computer fans, computer power supply, surge protector, digital timers and some kind of carbon filter.... heat and noise is not of much concern the smell needs to be if possible completely ordorless. I would be using CFL's for lighting I want to stay at 300-400 watts an hour or less powerwise.

Few more details:

I'm not under 18.
I'm not renting or living with parents.
I'm not the best when it comes to gardening but ive successfully vegged a cannabis plant before.
I'm availible pretty much every day of the year to keep an eye on them.

Availible sources for materials:
Local Hardware, Lumber, Walmart, Online & Misc parts/tools around the home.

Questions I have:

Good type of seeds and location to buy, preferably cheap
Good quality carbon filter that isn't too expensive.
Does anyone have some good layouts/designs that would work with a cabinet of similar dimensions.

Also to note: Id like to be able to use a motherplant/cuttings and i have no exeprience with plant cuttings.

Here is a small list of items being considered:

T5 2' CFLs (1x Veg + 1x Flower) (Can you get by using 6400k for both flower and veg? supposedly 8000 lum)

Digital Timer (2x)
Amazon: Hydrofarm TM01715D 7-Day Digital Program Timer

1667109236409.png

Would need to create a partition inside the cabinet and use reflective or white milkboard to line the inside.

Fans would be computer fans run off an old computer power supply. There is also items like:

Amazon: LEDwholesalers GYO2402 6-Inch 240 CFM Air Duct Inline Hydroponic Booster Fan

1667109255802.png

Combined with

Dundas Jafine AF625ULPZW Aluminum Foil UL Listed and Marked Duct, 6-Inches by 25-Feet - Amazon

1667109271847.png

Still not sure about which carbon filter system to use.

It will work but with serious height restrictions. The true question is, will it be worth the effort? Can you turn it on it's side so it is taller? A short auto may be your best bet.

Could it be flipped yeah maybe but it would look weird/suspicous plus the sliding doors wouldnt work properly the top door would fall downward from gravity and the bottom door wouldnt stay up.... plus its on cinderblocks it was some old cabinet left by a former owner of the house before i bought it. I was lookin at auto flower seeds awhile back, last time I tried to grow i was renting and they didn't even have autoflower back then lol

I was talking to a friend on one of the games I play and he has grown in the past and says i would also want an ozone generator that a carbon filter alone won't cut it if i want odor free.

Also the way the bottom of the cabinet is done, there is a wood border that does around a few extra inchest could be possible if plywood was added at the bottom and some boards the height could be extended.

Perhaps look for a better cabinet to start with. Take the time to build something that has a chance for success. I am afraid you will quickly run out of room just trying to incorporate odor control and lighting. Such a small cabinet will also have its heat issues. Hard to stay stealthy with fans and all the support stuff running. First thing you want to accomplish is to have a controlled environment. Else you have an uphill battle on your hands. The average standing wardrobe is about the prefect size to encompass all that is required for a good grow.

Back
Top Bottom