Question about this seed

Groundtop

Had a friend bring me up a couple of different high quality strains that are hard for me to get a hold of. Anyways, they came in this really nice sealed tin kind of like a tuna can. Started breaking up my gorilla glue #4, which btw was so sticky and filled with crystals. The buds are really dense and it smokes really well. About 4 seeds popped out of this little nugget. At first I was disappointed, but I thought to myself I would plant it instead. Now, I understand bag seed is unknown as far as sex. I am confident, in this case at least, that the genetics are accurate [gg4], however, the sex is unknown.

I was doing some research on feminized seeds and I came across a few photos of fem seeds that have this sort of cover on them. Now do all seeds produced have this cover on them, or is it unique to feminized version of the seeds?

The other seeds I came across don't look like this.

Attachments

• 20181103_111507.jpg
    20181103_111507.jpg
    417.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 20181103_111445.jpg
    20181103_111445.jpg
    421.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 20181103_111507.jpg
    20181103_111507.jpg
    417.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 20181103_111445.jpg
    20181103_111445.jpg
    421.1 KB · Views: 55
heya friend,,

that is the original calyx, the bud of the plant that the hairs come out of,, the white pistols. when the bud, the pistols, get pollinated,, the seed grows inside the calyx,, and keeps growing inside till mature,, that is what that is,, the seed end just poppin out,, cute,,

cheers

People bag on bag seeds but in my opinion/experience they are usually good. You already know at least half the genetics are good since you smoked the weed and if it was grown well and there aren’t a shit ton of seeds then probably no males pollinated it, so they will probably be all female (although they might have hermie tendencies since they were probably made with stressed female pollen). Of course all this is speculation so anything could sprout up.

:passitleft:

People bag on bag seeds but in my opinion/experience they are usually good. You already know at least half the genetics are good since you smoked the weed and if it was grown well and there aren’t a shit ton of seeds then probably no males pollinated it, so they will probably be all female (although they might have hermie tendencies since they were probably made with stressed female pollen). Of course all this is speculation so anything could sprout up.

Kind of what I was thinking. Maybe it would have a tendency to lean more towards female since I can clearly tell it is high quality. Maybe it was accidentally induced by stress or something else?

Kind of what I was thinking. Maybe it would have a tendency to lean more towards female since I can clearly tell it is high quality. Maybe it was accidentally induced by stress or something else?
If it was grown in a good system and the dankness of it tells me it was, then in my opinion it’s unlikely there was a male around to pollinate it. So I think it probably is the result of stress and would probably create female plants that also have a tendency to hermie when stressed.

That’s my bagseed stoner theory anyway.

Back
Top Bottom