Question about watering from a brand new grower!

WalterGamer8

Hey guys :) Im about to start my first grow in my closet in 4 days when my seeds come in. I’ve researched everything and a spent a lot of time and money for the resources and everything. I was just wondering how much water do use to water plants during the seedling, vegetative, and flowering? I’m starting my 2 plants off in 1 gallon smart pots, how much water would they need as a seedling ? After seedling stage how much would they need in their vegetative state? I’m also gonna transfer them to 5 gallon smart pots after they get big enough. When they’re in their 5 gallon pots and in flowering how much water will they need then?
Im so sorry if this sound confusing lol

Im using the fox farm trio and fox fox farm ocean forest soil and I thoroughly researched them

I heard when the plants get older they need a gallon of water for watering but do you pour the gallon on it all at once or do you water a little bit throughout the day?

I researched watering everywhere and I couldn’t find a straight answer

also should I start a grow journal for the 2 plants in growing? White widow and Goldmine :)

The air pot weighs 11lbs. dry/19lbs. moist. Fabric 12 and 20. Both are 5 gal. containers and took about a gallon of water to get to slight runoff. When they get to within 2 pounds of dry weight, I add a pound for small seedlings, using a 16oz. squeeze bottle, watering in a circular fashion radiating out from drip line. As they grow, I'll increase in 1/2lb. increments. Second pic is day 15 and they just got 3 lbs. each. I always stay 2-3lbs. below runoff weight so as not to over water and going by weight, I can't water too often. This is what works for me after much trial and error. Note: Bathroom scale not shown. Also, my dry body weight has increased 3.4 lbs. since shelter in place. Auto BlueBerry Domina, Day 4 and 15.

Attachments

• IMG_20200322_193617613_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200322_193617613_HDR.jpg
    930.4 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20200402_180844906 (2).jpg
    IMG_20200402_180844906 (2).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 100
The air pot weighs 11lbs. dry/19lbs. moist. Fabric 12 and 20. Both are 5 gal. containers and took about a gallon of water to get to slight runoff. When they get to within 2 pounds of dry weight, I add a pound for small seedlings, using a 16oz. squeeze bottle, watering in a circular fashion radiating out from drip line. As they grow, I'll increase in 1/2lb. increments. Second pic is day 15 and they just got 3 lbs. each. I always stay 2-3lbs. below runoff weight so as not to over water and going by weight, I can't water too often. This is what works for me after much trial and error. Note: Bathroom scale not shown. Also, my dry body weight has increased 3.4 lbs. since shelter in place. Auto BlueBerry Domina, Day 4 and 15.
Hey! I’m starting growing because of the shelter in place. I’m in nyc so shit is FUCKED UP right now. And thanks for clearing things up for me it makes more sense now
So you add a pound of water for seedlings and as they get bigger you go up by 1/2 pound right? I like that formula

Back
Top Bottom