Questions regarding Quantum Boards

You're saying just plant the seed in soil and water?

How come some people wrap them in a wet paper towel before planting then?
I have no idea why people use paper towels, seems like adding needless complexity to me.

I grow in hempy so I just plant seeds about 1/2” in pure perlite cups and put plastic wrap on top to keep the moisture in. Some 25 year old seeds aside, I get very good germination rates. 14/16 grew into good plants last month and I was surprised that the two didn’t grow.

:passitleft:

the paper towel method is really popular because for one thing, it works really well
after you have dropped your seed in a cup of water overnight, the next thing they need is controlled moisture
so putting in between wet paper towel and then into a sealed freezer bag keeps the moisture steady
next thing it needs is warmth, so I put mine in the cupboard above the fridge
it's dark and the heat from the fridge warms the cupboard
never had a bean fail to pop

the paper towel method is really popular because for one thing, it works really well
after you have dropped your seed in a cup of water overnight, the next thing they need is controlled moisture
so putting in between wet paper towel and then into a sealed freezer bag keeps the moisture steady
next thing it needs is warmth, so I put mine in the cupboard above the fridge
it's dark and the heat from the fridge warms the cupboard
never had a bean fail to pop

Wait so you submerge your seed in water overnight? Can you explain this process for me?

yup
just chuk it in a cup of tap water, the chlorine is actually a good thing
after serveral hours ,poke it with your finger and it'll sink to the bottom
leave it like this max 18 hours
this allows for the outer husk to crack
then move to your preferred starter method

Meanwell Driver.jpg

I received my drivers in the mail today! I knew I was going to need to wire the boards to the driver manually however I didn't realize I was going to need to attach my own socket plug ending too. I imagine this is fairly simple to do however after a brief youtube search I didn't immediately find a tutorial video.

Can someone point me towards a DIY tutorial on how to wire these things? Thanks!!

Meanwell Driver.jpg

I received my drivers in the mail today! I knew I was going to need to wire the boards to the driver manually however I didn't realize I was going to need to attach my own socket plug ending too. I imagine this is fairly simple to do however after a brief youtube search I didn't immediately find a tutorial video.

Can someone point me towards a DIY tutorial on how to wire these things? Thanks!!

You can use a 3 pin waterproof AC connector like he is, they're like $3 on ebay, or just use 2 wago connectors like he uses on the DC side, one for plus and one for minus ;)

I wish we could still "vote/rank" threads. This one has been very interesting. My thanks to everyone who posted (even those who were asking questions).

Hi everybody!

Today my lights + heatsink combos arrived finally!! Super excited to get them all wired up. Also my seeds arrived =D

Probably one of the last times I post in this thread before I start my journal... I was wondering though..

Has anybody ever used peat moss plugs for their seeds? My friend gave me a bag of them but I've never used them before and wanted to hear what people opinions/experience with them are because I have no idea how to use them haha. Do I just soak them with water then place the seed inside the pellet and then place the pellet under some soil?

Attachments

• Peat Moss Plugs.jpg
    Peat Moss Plugs.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 80
  • Seeds.jpg
    Seeds.jpg
    613.6 KB · Views: 88
Back
Top Bottom