Quick Photoperiod/Timer Question.

josh223

Last night I had one pipe burst and three freeze. No big deal, all fixed with proper improvements in place. I did all the repairs during the dark period. I had to unplug the timer for a second to rearrange some stuff. In my haste I plugged the light cord into a receptacle instead of the timer.

In a nutshell my lights came on five hours early. Should I change the dark period to coincide with todays error (I.E, should I now set my lights to come on at 2:00 P.M. or keep them coming on at 7:00)?

I'm sitting on a potentiel lb. of top shelf and really don't want herms.

:yikes:

With a 8-9 week flowering stage for HGK you are still early in flowering, unfortunately. I don't know if there is anything that you can do if this light change stressed the plants to hermie. My best guess would be to let the lights stay on till 2:00 AM, then let them sit in the dark until your normal light cycle beginning at 7:00 PM. One thing I've read is that it is important to maintain the time of "dawn" of the grow throughout the entire grow. I would think that would cause the least amount of overall stress for your plants and might get them back to their normal cycle without any further issues. :goodluck:

I gotta ask how you like the hgk
I grew one it looked great
smelled great
theres other weed id rather have to smoke tho
maybe I got a bad phenotype
as far as the light goes you accidentally plugged it in and left it on or unplugged it right away?
if it was only for a few moments id just stick with the normal cycle you got if it was hrs then ill be honest and say im not sure maybe just stick with the change
im sure others will chime in and help with this but take all advise with a grain of salt
lots of different opinions

I ended up going back to the old light schedule and hoping for the best. The lights were on close to three hours before I realized it.

Cronichemphog, I really like my Holy Grail Kush. I only purchased one female bean so I only know the one phenotype. Mine, I believe, is a touch more on the Sativa side. She stinks to high hell. Not always the best thing, but the flavor is spot on what I was looking for. The effect is super strong. I'm not a light weight, nor are the other two people that sampled her. It pretty much left us blown away.

Some of the things that I don't like about the strain. While it seems very hardy, it's not the fasted to spot roots in the cloner. It's actually really slow in that respect. I also have a lower clone survival rate than other strains. The stems seem really fibrous. It is a pain to super crop or LST. While I've done it, I break a lot of branches. I wish it finished faster. I guess that's it.

I'm curious as to what strains you enjoy better? I'll check out your journals. It may be in there.

Here's some pics of my last HGK chop. They were pollinated by a hermed THC Bomb.

Celery_051.jpg
Celery_037.jpg
Celery_035.jpg
Celery_034.jpg

I liked chemdawg I bought b4 never grew it so well see if I can do as well as what I bought in the past
sour diesel is another fav
Og Kush is right up there too
Northern lights skunk was damn tasty too
I don't have any real favs
more like a bunch of favs and im still growing other stuff to find out what else I like
Chronic weekend to ya Josh

I just germinated three new strains: Royal Purple Kush, B.C. God Bud, and Blue Blood (OG Kush x Blue Berry. Supposed to have 20% THC and 10%CBD).

In nearly 20 years of on and off growing, that Holy Grail Kush has been my personal favorite. For now she has a resident place in my garden. But I always strive for something better. I have a Northern Light x Skunk #1 femmed seed as a freebie from the last order but am going to hang onto it for now.

I have a difficult time deciding on strains. I almost went with Chemdawg last time. Was also going to get Sour Tangie. Next time I will along with OG #18, perhaps 707 (what ever the prefix is from Cali Connection) Head Band, along what ever catches my eye at the time.

Thank you for sharing your opinion. I literally lose sleep thinking about strains. +REPS.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom