Quick question

Delboy420

Hey guys my name is Dale

New to the forum, decided to pop a 2 seed's I was given shoreline I think it was, was wondering what is the MINIMUM of light I should give to one of the plants that I do not want to flower, i want to use it as a mother constantly, I know 12 hours will trigger flowering, so anyone who can help will be nice! :)

One more thing. Might sound stupid to some of you,
If I was giving it 14hour light minium as suggested. Say I did this Monday until Friday and Friday I switch off the light complete darkness after its 14 hours on Friday, and Saturday and Sunday no light then Mon to Friday 14 hours a day again

Would that work? Just asking see if O save any electric :D

People mess with light schedules all the time.... However the one your talking about sounds like it might be a bit stressfull of a light schedule. In all honesty.... Your going to see the spike in your bill regardless.... I would keep things more of a constant and ensure a happy plant as opposed to trying to save a couple bucks and stressing a plant out (increasing hermie probability.) Just my 2cents. On the other hand its a weed and in all honesty the damn thing will grow just try to increase your odds of a healthy and fruitful lil tree.

With 2 seeds you can go ahead with a 400 watt just fine. LED's are better on both energy consumption as well as total growth of the plants.... The technology in LED's is always changing and is the way of the future. I weighed the benefits and went with a standard 600W ballast with MH and HPS bulbs. I went with the 600W cause the ballast is dimmable to 50% 75% and 100% so I could change it as time needed. I also don't pay my electric bill, and the LED's were a big jump in price. CFL's are a cheap way to get good grows also.

One more thing. Might sound stupid to some of you,
If I was giving it 14hour light minium as suggested. Say I did this Monday until Friday and Friday I switch off the light complete darkness after its 14 hours on Friday, and Saturday and Sunday no light then Mon to Friday 14 hours a day again

Would that work? Just asking see if O save any electric :D

Actually this is kinda what I do right before I switch to bloom. Don't do it now though. But when you finally want to go 12/12, leave the plant in 24 hours of total darkness between 18/6 and 12/12. Supposedly it kickstarts flowering faster.

Actually this is kinda what I do right before I switch to bloom. Don't do it now though. But when you finally want to go 12/12, leave the plant in 24 hours of total darkness between 18/6 and 12/12. Supposedly it kickstarts flowering faster.

I would like to see a journal about that!

Back
Top Bottom