Radogast 2016 - The Neverending Growing

Tangerine (x Blue Dream x Mango Haze - probably) finished drying yesterday. She has some seeds (x White Widow) that I look forward to growing.

20160618_211239-1.jpg

I didn't taste her yet - a friend dropped by with a Nectar Collector. The taste was fresh and smooth like a vape, the high is good but my throat was left feeling harsh. I still prefer brownies.

Dabbing is still not my thing, but this Nectar Collector Honeycomb is the best oil rig I've experienced.

20160618_202119-1.jpg

Tangerine (x Blue Dream x Mango Haze - probably) finished drying yesterday. She has some seeds (x White Widow) that I look forward to growing.

20160618_211239-1.jpg

I didn't taste her yet - a friend dropped by with a Nectar Collector. The taste was fresh and smooth like a vape, the high is good but my throat was left feeling harsh. I still prefer brownies.

Dabbing is still not my thing, but this Nectar Collector Honeycomb is the best oil rig I've experienced.

20160618_202119-1.jpg
Now we are going to have to get one of those. We just made oil our first time last weekend. So we need more things to smoke it out of. Lol. Have a great night!!

... it has local landmark status in a nationally registered historical district of Queen Anne, Colonial Revival, Italianate and other old homes. The newest building in the neighborhood is a gothic revival church rebuilt after a fire in the 1930s.

My last house was a Queen Ann Victorian home complete with ghosts .. I was cool with them but my ex... well she became my EX many thanks to the ghosts! that was a rocky ride but it worked out - FTW..

Most Queen Ann Victorian homes, the roof has a cross shape to it.

My last house was a Queen Ann Victorian home complete with ghosts .. I was cool with them but my ex... well she became my EX many thanks to the ghosts! that was a rocky ride but it worked out - FTW..

Most Queen Ann Victorian homes, the roof has a cross shape to it.

Our Colonial Revival has 4 dormers, one on each side of the house, but the rear dormer is uncharacteristically asymetrically placed - so no cross shape :)

We get along well with ghosts. Only one from the previous house followed us here. I'm fairly certain all the ones new at this house will be appearing at the next house as most of the regulars aren't local to the area - even our self appointed local liason isn't from around here. I only noticed one presence, but the wife noticed 3 on the initial house tour. I was focussed on the house so I nodded in recognition rather than chatted. He seemed curious enough, I expect him back once or twice.

Final Harvest in Massachusetts

Girl Scout Cookies - Final Harvest in Massachusetts - I'll guess at about 1/2 ounce.

20160619_173247.jpg

The lights are off and will be dismantled soon

20160619_150439.jpg

All good things..... That was quite a run Rad. On to a new adventure. I'm so excited to see how you set up in the new home. And how thrilling to find your new home has spectral inhabitants. :laughtwo: That should have been a given, with the age of this one, but for some reason it never crossed my mind. Reps on the final Mass. harvest my friend.

It's kind of sad watching you take down all of your memories. I'm very moved by the grace in which you have handled this. For some of us, moving can be very stressful and emotional.
Can't wait to see your new adventure and how you adapt.

Cheers Rad

:roorrip:

I too am looking forward to your new set up and seeing you do what you do best. Grow! Especially in your new place. I wish you only the most positive thoughts I have with you and yours new home!!

I second everyone's good wishes, and thanks for hanging around during this major move! :thumb:

Our Colonial Revival has 4 dormers, one on each side of the house, but the rear dormer is uncharacteristically asymetrically placed - so no cross shape :)

We get along well with ghosts. Only one from the previous house followed us here. I'm fairly certain all the ones new at this house will be appearing at the next house as most of the regulars aren't local to the area - even our self appointed local liason isn't from around here. I only noticed one presence, but the wife noticed 3 on the initial house tour. I was focussed on the house so I nodded in recognition rather than chatted. He seemed curious enough, I expect him back once or twice.

Nice... lots of folks don't understand this sort of thing. They may kinda "feel" the presence faintly ... folks tuned in to it and their presence becomes part of the home. I'm very cool with the ghosts, it's the trolls I'm not that fond of. They like to make a lot of racket and are not respectful. We grow Rue to keep them at bay. It works .. I haven't heard a troll since the early spring right after my wife planted the Rue.

Rad congrats on your harvest mate - and you sure do have some beautiful glass there buddy. Wow... I do like that oil rig, of course I wouldn't know how to use it but I think I would sure have fun figuring it out.

How did you like the full moon last night?? Wow is all I can say, that was a powerful experience.... we grow a shit ton of berries and this year has and is going to be the best year yet, our raspberries were ripe this morning ... we will have raspberries all the way to new years (ever-bearing). They get much of the same growing technique as the indoor ladies.

All good things..... That was quite a run Rad. On to a new adventure. I'm so excited to see how you set up in the new home. And how thrilling to find your new home has spectral inhabitants. :laughtwo: That should have been a given, with the age of this one, but for some reason it never crossed my mind. Reps on the final Mass. harvest my friend.

It's kind of sad watching you take down all of your memories. I'm very moved by the grace in which you have handled this. For some of us, moving can be very stressful and emotional.
Can't wait to see your new adventure and how you adapt.

Cheers Rad

:roorrip:

I too am looking forward to your new set up and seeing you do what you do best. Grow! Especially in your new place. I wish you only the most positive thoughts I have with you and yours new home!!

I second everyone's good wishes, and thanks for hanging around during this major move! :thumb:

Thank you all for the kind thoughts.

Moving day is 2 weeks away and the paperwork and phone calls for simultaneous closing has been near whelm but not overwhelming.

The flower room lights and such are fully packed away, and I picked up the garden fairy and remaining outdoor decor on this first day after solstice.

I'll be shutting down this journal soon as I'm not expecting any more harvests this year. It's been a semi-frustrating run as my 3rd and 4th runs through the soil have shown how much i need to add teas and amendments to keep the soil nutrients replenished and biovailable.

In another 2 weeks, I'll going to load up my worms and move on. Virtually, I'll still be wandering around the grow journals.

I joyfully await your reemergence as an engaging cultivator Rad. I can testify that one begins to feel somewhat like a homeless waif wandering without a grow journal. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Nice... lots of folks don't understand this sort of thing. They may kinda "feel" the presence faintly ... folks tuned in to it and their presence becomes part of the home. I'm very cool with the ghosts, it's the trolls I'm not that fond of. They like to make a lot of racket and are not respectful. We grow Rue to keep them at bay. It works .. I haven't heard a troll since the early spring right after my wife planted the Rue.

I've not become aware of trolls yet. I've an author friend up in Maine who frolics with trolls and land spirits of dark and mythological appearance. He's rather paleolithic in his approach to theliminal world, but I imagine he may have aid from mushrooms of the rock and roll era. A bit argumentative for daily contact, but a logical, knowledgeable and aware guy.

Rad congrats on your harvest mate - and you sure do have some beautiful glass there buddy. Wow... I do like that oil rig, of course I wouldn't know how to use it but I think I would sure have fun figuring it out.

That oil sipper belongs to a friend - I'll find out how good a friend on moving day :)

Used like a straw, it is easy to handle and much less drippy and fussy than other oil rigs.
Step 1 - place the selected amount of oil/shatter/wax on a crystal saucer.
Step 2 - heat the nail with a torch.
Step 3 - Move the nail along the surface of the saucer and inhale to vacuum up the oil. (Anything left on the saucer can be sucked up in a future hit.)

How did you like the full moon last night?? Wow is all I can say, that was a powerful experience.... we grow a shit ton of berries and this year has and is going to be the best year yet, our raspberries were ripe this morning ... we will have raspberries all the way to new years (ever-bearing). They get much of the same growing technique as the indoor ladies.

I actually felt the biggest impact of the solstice moon the night before. My wife has been playing music from 1967 all week. The animals have been playing outside the picture window (baby squirrels, chipmunks, red squirrels, bobcat, possum, skunks, rabbit.) Lots of sexual urges and solstice energy.

At solstice morning breakfast, for the second day in a row, our elderly rat Bella was showing confusion, loss of balance and easily startled. For about 3 weeks, she has been fetching food off our plates for her equally elderly sister rat Donna - as Donna has chosen not to be part of the move and grown a large tumor. Donna hasn't been in obvious pain, but she has stopped being the curious and intrepid explorer. Bella was having so much trouble that Donna fetched food for Bella the last 2 mornings, but she didn't eat much. An inspection of Bella showed she also has a tumor and trouble with her left eye. We made arrangements for a vet to give them both life ending shots. I took them to the vet this evening. The ratty girls were excellent companions for 3 years. Tears were shed.

This sadness had me emotionally withdrawn during last night's moon. The animals and birds appear to be totally exhausted by the last few days of full moon. The main exception to today's bird lethargy was the wrens. I was aware of 2 or 3 wrens on the property before today, but I was scolded/serenaded by at least 3 pairs of wrens in 4 different locations around the island today.

My wife's birthday, Juneteenth/Father's Day, Last day of High School, Summer Solstice, burying the rats and final packing of the yard - this solstice has been very transitional. We don't usually have honey bees around, but maybe I'll find a bumble bee to tell tomorrow. :)

My blueberries and raspberries will not be ripe before we leave. I found a few dozen bagseed from 2 years ago. The wife is considering playing Johnny Appleseed before we leave.

Sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences to the rest of the family as well :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'd neglected to notice the impending solstice, but it explains so much of what I went through last week I had to laugh thinking about it. What would I do without you Rad?

We too had a pet rat, They are wonderful creatures that most won't give a chance to show us how loving they actually are. My wife when we first got him hated him because he was a rat, but she cried harder than the rest of us when he died. I know the feeling Rad, my heart goes out to you and the family.

Sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences to the rest of the family as well :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'd neglected to notice the impending solstice, but it explains so much of what I went through last week I had to laugh thinking about it. What would I do without you Rad?

We too had a pet rat, They are wonderful creatures that most won't give a chance to show us how loving they actually are. My wife when we first got him hated him because he was a rat, but she cried harder than the rest of us when he died. I know the feeling Rad, my heart goes out to you and the family.

Thank you.

I have had rats twice before - one as a middle school companion. Bella and Donna were the sweetest rats I ever met.

I posted some pictures on my garden thread
Radogast's Non-420 Garden Creation Thread

I hope to see you around Rad. For some reason I was drawn to you and your journal. I know it seems weird but I can't explain it. You are more than welcome to stop by my garden any time and give me words of encouragement or tell me I'm off my rocker. Either way, I would love to have you chime in now and again. If not, I will see you out there in the other gardens on the site.

Cheers

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom