Rain water question

If I gather rain water and feed my plants with it,will it cure PH problems easier? I read somewhere on this site that its natures little Ph solver,or something like that. Thx

roof runoff contains fungicide, heavy metals, possible toxic parasites. lots of bad stuff.

maer not saying that ur wrong with that point, actually i quite believe it, but what if its collected in a bucket on grass in garden

danny im not sure if it will help with ur ph issues, u might still need to use "ph up" or "ph down" but rainwater wont do ur plants anyy harm, probably more good, i know that rainwater contain sulphur that plants need also

peace man and happy gardening

Jambo,2 days ago it rained briefly and I had rain water from the roof collected in a watering can. My plant was pale-looking but after 2 days has come back great. It must have done something. I tested the PH of the water before I poured it on(A cup full) and it was spot on 8. Is it best to PH it to 7?

Real science is done with control groups, did you have another plant, genetically identical (clone) that you gave tap water to? If not this is what we call anecdotal evidence.
On the other side of the argument rain water, pond water are referred to by some as "living water", as mycology is another hobby of mine I have run into growers (of mushrooms) that swear living water is essential for a good harvest. Personally I prefer distilled water, to remove the possibility of contaminates.

"IMPORTANT: Most racoons carry a type of parasitic roundworm called Baylisascaris procyonis 43, 44, 45, 46, that causes very serious illness in people. If there are racoons in your area be aware that your yard may be contaminated. Children are highly at risk. DO NOT use water from a rain barrel, pond or creek unless you are absolutely certain that it is not contaminated."

Slow sand water filter construction and study and harvesting rainwater

Take a look at the pre filter numbers, quite scary. Especially if you plan to make edibles.

Slow sand filter water test results

Even if you dont make edibles some of the things in roof water are pretty nasty, may want to reconsider. Not to mention heavy metals and fungicides, PCBs, PAH's the list goes on.

Back
Top Bottom