Recirc Top Feed Hydro - 3m x 1.5m x 2m Tent - GLR & LST - 1800W - Assorted Strains

Re: Recirc Top Feed Hydro - 3m x 1.5m x 2m Tent - GLR & LST - 1800W - Assorted Strain

Wow fantastic vid! I absolutely love your tent! The ladies look very healthy, and its awesome to see the difference in the strains! Keep up the great work and enjoy that time off:thumb:

Re: Recirc Top Feed Hydro - 3m x 1.5m x 2m Tent - GLR & LST - 1800W - Assorted Strain

Wow fantastic vid! I absolutely love your tent! The ladies look very healthy, and its awesome to see the difference in the strains! Keep up the great work and enjoy that time off:thumb:

thanks dooski! and goodluck with your POTM! u got my vote 100% dude :]].. i'll be catching up on ALOT of sleep is what i'l be doing lol.. thanks for stopping by bro, hope you have a great upcoming weekend :thumb:

a glimpse of my black domina x cheese outside of the tent.. get a slightly better idea of girth etc:

a glimpse at the black domina x cheese - YouTube

and just a short glimpse of the OG kush x white widow.. get a nicer view without the black domina crowding her space :]

glimpse of my OG kush x white widow - YouTube

just a few pics for the journal:

day 44 of flower

Somango x Critical:

somangox01.JPG

somangox02.JPG

somangox03.JPG

somangox04.JPG

somangox05.JPG

White Widow x Big Bud:

BBxWW04.JPG

BBxWW03.JPG

BBxWW02.JPG

BBxWW01.JPG

Holy Grail Kush:

HGK01.JPG

HGK02.JPG

HGK04.JPG

HGK03.JPG

Black Domina x Cheese:

blackdomx01.JPG

blackdomx02.JPG

blackdomx03.JPG

blackdomx04.JPG

cinderella 99 hybrid(atleast 4 weeks left on this strain):

cindy99hybrid01.JPG

cindy99hybrid03.JPG

cindy99hybrid02.JPG

OG Kush x White Widow:

OGKx01.JPG

OGKx02.JPG

OGKx03.JPG

OGKx04.JPG

looking like the OG Kush MAY be the first to harvest... still expecting minimum of 2 weeks after this weekend though... and possibly 4 for the cindy as she was the last to plant.

thanks all :ganjamon:

look at that c99! wow! :thumb:

Looking great man. + reps for a outstanding pix and video.

heya Wb, thank you kindly Sir.. and for the reps :Namaste:

look at that c99! wow! :thumb:

hey b.real, thanks brother /|\
yeah the cindy was considered the holy grail a few years back... exceptional yielder(ive got my fingers crossed with this one) with an equally exceptional head high typical of the sat.. GREAT for wake n bakes and social occasions as its a really friendly high/euphoric hit. im going to take all of these girls to atleast 20%amber- its awesome to be able to take my time with this grow.. i was disappointed i had to cut my last grow slightly early due to circumstances so im going to take a leaf out of your book bro, going to leave them and wait for the gold :cheesygrinsmiley:
i love this hybrid with the maroc, long colas- and HUGE in optimum conditions! i mean record breaking HUGE! with the right system you could EASILY get 10-16 Oz per plant indoor. extremely vigorous grower- little veg time needed if any. the aroma is lovely and fruity with a very real "feijoa" hit to the nostrils.. looking forward to seeing her fill out!
im unable to find any more of the female seeds x-line hybrid, im hoping they havent taken it off the shelves! so im treasuring the cuttings i took, i have around a dozen ready to veg and find a good mother from the mix.

cheers dude

i hear ya man..im finding that most of my strains need at least 11-12 weeks for max potency. blackout kush was pulled 10 and 11 weeks from pistil and could still have more cloudy and ambers

the c99 is gonna be HUGE just like the bb x ww. i hear big bud is skunk x afghani goo plant..awesome. good genes. so is white widow..seeing a lot of nice ones on G.C. the c99s are also beautiful huge buds if you let em grow long enough, but dont be fooled cindy is quick when healthy :Namaste:

og kush and soma cant dissapoint either

good luck with indoor created thc bomb! lolol jk i know you will make it have many flower sights with a veg

oh shit idk why HGK is but i do know what black cheese is! skunk cant go wrong big nice buds barley any leaf!!

i think youre hiding the somango :)

i hear ya man..im finding that most of my strains need at least 11-12 weeks for max potency. blackout kush was pulled 10 and 11 weeks from pistil and could still have more cloudy and ambers

the c99 is gonna be HUGE just like the bb x ww. i hear big bud is skunk x afghani goo plant..awesome. good genes. so is white widow..seeing a lot of nice ones on G.C. the c99s are also beautiful huge buds if you let em grow long enough, but dont be fooled cindy is quick when healthy :Namaste:

og kush and soma cant dissapoint either

good luck with indoor created thc bomb! lolol jk i know you will make it have many flower sights with a veg

yeah breeder estimates are always a little on the lean side hey loL.. trying to push their strains into the public arena.. although, upon saying that, my last run with gigabud and pineapple express sure proved to me that those estimates can be spot on!! being able to harvest after 6 weeks??! 50 days! dang!

yeah bro, good ole big bud is a classic strain with its affy and skunk #1 genetics.. we're looking at solid strains going back to brazil, india, mexico, colombia, afghanistan etc... good solid combinations of indica sativa crosses with the brazil x india crosses in the white widow genetic tree too.
i hear ya with the sativa grow times... in the past i have harvested the cindy in 8 weeks fully matured yielding 10 Oz per... but with this one being in DWC im thinking it may go into 9-10 weeks possibly BUT im in no rush with this grow :]
im very excited to take on the THC Bomb with my next grow! Bomb genetics seems pretty solid, i was tossing up between cherry bomb, big bomb and THC bomb.. but the higher THC% of the THC bomb won out for sure.. ya cant beat good yields and high thc % in one plant.. exactly what im looking for in a commercial cash cropper.
with the somango, im really just testing the waters with this one.. in terms of aroma and resin production it is probably my favourite .. just not the yield, could be the pheno tho! but i LOVE the aroma of it! although i love all of these strains, i wouldnt continue any of them in terms of cash cropping.. i would go with a thc bomb, critical mass, cindy 99, possibly a pure black dom or blue dream, crystal M.E.T.H or possibly king kong(dr. underground)... personally i need to be focusing now on weight AND quality... but primarily weight first and foremost.. i have family to support and bills to pay etc.. and this is ultimately what i am going for.

cheers dude

my experience with the HGK has been a mixed experience... i really love the vigor but with this pheno i thin it would be beter suited to outdoors with plenty of room to grow and plenty of leg room to stretch into. i love the aroma of it, i love the resin production but the bud development has been sparse and stretched even though it appears at first glance to exhibit indica dom traits!
at the end of the day, my first priority is with weight AND quality... not just quality ... i NEED a good balance of BOTH. ive been procrastinating a little for the last couple of grows with experimenting with different strains.. more because i have been limited with grow spaces.. but as i develop my own grow spaces in the present(with no grow partner!) i can eventually focus on connoisseur strains that dont yield much eventually.. would be my ideal.
i DO love the HGK... but the pheno i have hasnt inspired me to continue with it-compared to other heavier yielding strains of equal quality... and you know, it wasnt that long ago that the cindy was considered the "holy grail" of strains! and i definitely would enjoy trying to work with these genetics in the near future :thumb:

green regards

Nice picks Alk, very nice.

Nice pics and plants Alky, always alot of fun seeing what yur up to. Why dont you come out to the states and help me get my grow looking bad a$$ like yours :)
I am really looking into that Giga you did a while back, was it as nice as you hoped?
Thanks mate

Nice pics and plants Alky, always alot of fun seeing what yur up to. Why dont you come out to the states and help me get my grow looking bad a$$ like yours :)
I am really looking into that Giga you did a while back, was it as nice as you hoped?
Thanks mate

Brother S1ing! how ya be ma Maaaan?!
thanks bro! and i KNOW you're gonna have your grow PUMPING and is already looking AWESOME! :cheesygrinsmiley: loving your GCS's too, looking oh-so tasty :thumb: if anything i'd be hard pressed to get my grow looking like yours! loL ;]i love the stuff that you've done and installed and the amount of work you've put into your grow really inspires me to no end dude /|\

yeah the Gigabud from G13 labs, is a very nice strain, on average you'd be looking at anywhere from 5-6 weeks- 8 weeks flowering.. mine came on at around week 6 with milky trichs.. possibly 8 weeks to good % of amber. a really nice, quite potent hit with nice head high too. mostly indica, giving ya very nice colas- 2 phenos as far as i know.. one is great flowering, great branching, quick to blossom and nice bud sets with GREAT resin production.. the other pheno is the same but BIGGER colas :cheesygrinsmiley: its got a sweet aroma and taste with hashy tones, not a HEAVY yielder as some but yields well nonetheless all in all i would recommend it to anyone...

hope you're taking care of yerself brother and have a great weekend /|\

How's it going bro , I have just found your post while I was looking for info on top drip systems as I'm just about to pick up 16 buck from sog. I have been doing my own mix of soil,verm,per,worm cast. But yeilds just aren't were they should be. I have used bubbler before with great results . Still got 22 girls in at the mo on there 6 th week of flower and another lot to go before I hit the hydro . I am so pleased I found you as you have answered so many of my questions about growing in this system and dam man you got it on lock down. Love the sprinklers well done also using cable clips for drip feed holders . One thing is I have a separate veg rm and not sure how I can veg in one room then move to a flower room , veg rm is only half the size of flower rm . Was thinking of making a system for veg room just don't want to get roots tangled any how if you can help pls do . I'm def pulling up a chair for this show .
Chur bo
P.s it's so cold down here in the South Island I'm cranking heaters in my space it's killing the power bill

How's it going bro , I have just found your post while I was looking for info on top drip systems as I'm just about to pick up 16 buck from sog. I have been doing my own mix of soil,verm,per,worm cast. But yeilds just aren't were they should be. I have used bubbler before with great results . Still got 22 girls in at the mo on there 6 th week of flower and another lot to go before I hit the hydro . I am so pleased I found you as you have answered so many of my questions about growing in this system and dam man you got it on lock down. Love the sprinklers well done also using cable clips for drip feed holders . One thing is I have a separate veg rm and not sure how I can veg in one room then move to a flower room , veg rm is only half the size of flower rm . Was thinking of making a system for veg room just don't want to get roots tangled any how if you can help pls do . I'm def pulling up a chair for this show .
Chur bo
P.s it's so cold down here in the South Island I'm cranking heaters in my space it's killing the power bill

heya brother!
hell YEAH it'll be FREEZING down there right now! i feel for all the ppl on the east coast-specifically chch.. having to deal with all the earthquake damage AND a freezing winter to boot.. especially the elderly with no one to help em.. its hard.

yeah this system from SOG is good.. top feed hydro systems are really effective and there are a few different versions of top feed hydro and aquafarms on 420 you can check out too. all i did with mine was add a few tweaks here n there to adapt it to my needs.. the sprinklers were just my way of imitating the 'halo's'.. i really dig the halo's bro but SOG doesnt sell the complete range with the smaller sizes.. they only have the halo's for the larger 35-40litre pots- the sprinklers are great for coverage but not great for smaller plants due to splash.. you get alot of splash on the leaves when they are small, which can cause nute burn- similar to foliar spraying too much nutes- next time round i'll START with the simple drip feed line.. and as they get bigger i will switch back to sprinklers. i have to add, an issue with sprinklers is they can clog(rare) OR not spin(more common).. ive found with a larger water pump they do this less often.
i would NOT recommend using the grozilla/budzilla line too.. its just not comprehensive enough imho and they dont provide nutritional analyses what-so-ever.. i like to know what im giving my plants mate, ESPECIALLY with hydroponics... and alot of the sog products, nutrients especially like their 'general hydroponics' range, are just repackaged and lack alot of important information.

im not sure if you are going to use their pre-made "my buddy" topfeed system(Switched on Gardener)?? as they have a couple of systems now.. if you are, bear in mind the 2nd reservoir they give you is for run to waste systems NOT recirculating.. for a recirculating system you only need the one res, or else risk flooding your grow! loL (they dont tell you this in the packaging AT ALL) .. all in all they are great value for money tho! as you wouldnt be able to make one of the bucket units for 25$ if you were to get all the individual component parts from mega store or ware-whare. i started with their 4 pot my buddy system.. and just up-sized the res to an 80L res.. larger water pump and added 6 more buckets.. and changed the delivery system(=sprinklers).. as i wasnt impressed with the set up they offered using the T-connectors for a 4-part drip system... but in retrospect i think the main issue was simply using the growzilla/budzilla line, when i changed to flairform nutrient line the next round.. and added sprinklers.. the difference was PHENOMENAL!

i think the best option for your veg and flower room issues with your veg room being half the size.. and of course this is just my opinion brother, is run a 'perpetual grow'.. where you would initially only run half the flower room... then add what you have in the veg room to fill the remainder of the flower room a few weeks or so later(depending on the strain you are growing, how vigorous they are and how long they flower to harvest, on average- would determine the space between adding the next round of plants).. and cycle it like that.. once you add the 2nd cycle, your space would be full.. and you would start your 3rd cycle in the veg room.. by the time you are pulling your 1st cycle, your 3rd cycle would be ready to add and take the place of the 1st cycle you just harvested... i hope that makes sense! loL.. and you'll have to forgive me as im taking it for granted that you are not familiar with this info and dont want to state the obvious. the my buddy system utilizes 2 pots for each plant, this would allow for easy transplanting from one room to the other as you just lift the 'top pot' out from the 'catch pot' and swap around. im not sure if a perpetual would suit your setup brother and if you have a mother(s) or a reliable source of cuttings.. but i have run a few perpetual grows in the past and there's nothing wrong with harvesting every 4 weeks ;] even though it might not be as big as a complete harvest every 3-4months.. you DEFINITELY make up for that by harvesting MORE OFTEN per annum.. harvesting every 4-6 weeks as opposed to harvesting every 12-16 weeks. in essence with a perpetual you could be harvesting up to 8x per year.. as opposed to 4x with a complete grow. if your veg room is half the size of your flower room, i think this would be the best option for you and infact seems ideal for a perpetual grow.
timing AND strain are quite important obviously..depending on the strain would determine how long you would need to veg in hydro. for example a strong sativa dominant strain(cinderella 99 for e.g.) would'nt need ANY veg time at all.. or very little(1-2weeks) and also the size of your grow space.. determining how much vegetative growth you can allow for.. if you have a 3m high room you can veg for a helluva lot longer than if you had a 2m tall tent, for e.g. and this too would be a big consideration for you with you setup and how you want to approach veg and flowering cycles and timing them with each other.

i hope this helps a little bro! and wish you all the best with your transition to the SOG topfeed hydro system :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom