Recommendations on seed banks & sellers?

ZayWill10

Hey all, with a couple of my grows coming to an end, and the winter season starting up, I’m looking to buy some great new strains.

I’ve only purchased seeds from Growers Choice Seeds and they turned out nice. But I’m curious if here’s any great websites /deals I may not have heard of.

Lots of great Banks on that list. I have personally had very good experiences with seedsman, also check out the selection from Dutch seeds shop, a very nice lineup indeed and the owner goes the extra mile to help make sure the customer is happy.

Lots of great Banks on that list. I have personally had very good experiences with seedsman, also check out the selection from Dutch seeds shop, a very nice lineup indeed and the owner goes the extra mile to help make sure the customer is happy.

Dutch seed shop was actually gonna be the very next company I try. They do have a very nice selection. I’m super interested in their Gelato auto, Amnesia Blue Headband, and Plush berry.

Any particular strains that you know are good for a sea of green ?

Dutch seed shop was actually gonna be the very next company I try. They do have a very nice selection. I’m super interested in their Gelato auto, Amnesia Blue Headband, and Plush berry.

Any particular strains that you know are good for a sea of green ?

Not specifically no. Anything with a large main cola would be a good choice, strains with a heavily indica bud structure would tend to have that.

I have used The vault and was very happy with everything .

If you want to run a SoG, pick pretty much any photoperiodic strain, manage to end up with a female plant, and grow/train it to a large bush. Then take and root a bunch of cuttings, stick each one into a small container, either run your lights at 18:6 for a short(!) time and then switch to 12:12 or go directly to 12:12... And Bob's your uncle, as they say. If you intend to grow sativas (or hybrids that present as anything close to a sativa), then going straight to a flowering light schedule would tend to be your best bet; if growing 100% indicas (or nearly so), then some additional time for growth might be helpful.

If you want to do a hydroponic SoG, and are willing to hand-water your plants (aka "passive hydroponics"), you can pack a considerable number of two-liter soda pop bottles into an average size grow space. Here's a grow journal thread that gives a great example of this. Unfortunately, the person is no longer a member of the forum - but the thread is a classic, IMHO, and I'm glad it remains for reference.

If you want to run a SoG, pick pretty much any photoperiodic strain, manage to end up with a female plant, and grow/train it to a large bush. Then take and root a bunch of cuttings, stick each one into a small container, either run your lights at 18:6 for a short(!) time and then switch to 12:12 or go directly to 12:12... And Bob's your uncle, as they say. If you intend to grow sativas (or hybrids that present as anything close to a sativa), then going straight to a flowering light schedule would tend to be your best bet; if growing 100% indicas (or nearly so), then some additional time for growth might be helpful.

If you want to do a hydroponic SoG, and are willing to hand-water your plants (aka "passive hydroponics"), you can pack a considerable number of two-liter soda pop bottles into an average size grow space. Here's a grow journal thread that gives a great example of this. Unfortunately, the person is no longer a member of the forum - but the thread is a classic, IMHO, and I'm glad it remains for reference.

Thank you for the input, Tortured! Naturally. :thumb:

I think I am gonna do a batch of just Sativas just because of how my temperatures run, I think I’d be able to get some good colors and some nice potent buds. What you said about sativas and immediate flowering schedule is really resonating with me because I remember how the Gorilla Glue auto took off during flower when I introduced 12/12 right away. Took them a few days to adjust, but before I knew it I was seeing amazing pistil development. I was thinking of putting 4 pots(5 gal, upward volume) in my 2x2 with my 150 watt HPS and train accordingly.

Maybe some Jack Herer and Platinum Bubba. Those would be super nice. :bongrip:

Not to disparage your 150-watt light, but if it were me, I'd supplement it to bring your total up to 200 wats or so if you flower photoperiodic plants in there. And a little more than that as the percentage of sativa generics increases wouldn't hurt. 250 watts across four square feet of grow space (62½ watts per ft.²) for growing Jack Herer would be great, at least if it's the Sensi Seeds original version). Although you can get by with less; although it's "sativa-leaning," it's not an extremely high percentage (not like a 90% sativa).

Fair warning, four sativa-dominant plants in five-gallon buckets could very easily overgrow your space. You could use three-gallon containers and still (more than) fill it, if that was your goal, lol.

Not to disparage your 150-watt light, but if it were me, I'd supplement it to bring your total up to 200 wats or so if you flower photoperiodic plants in there. And a little more than that as the percentage of sativa generics increases wouldn't hurt. 250 watts across four square feet of grow space (62½ watts per ft.²) for growing Jack Herer would be great, at least if it's the Sensi Seeds original version). Although you can get by with less; although it's "sativa-leaning," it's not an extremely high percentage (not like a 90% sativa).

Fair warning, four sativa-dominant plants in five-gallon buckets could very easily overgrow your space. You could use three-gallon containers and still (more than) fill it, if that was your goal, lol.

Filling it was definitely the goal as long as I can maintain the temps properly throughout.

Im glad I can receive this kind of feedback. I have in fact notice that the 150w is doing more for the autoflower than the photoperiod Bubba kush. So ideally I’d want a little more ‘oompfh’ for photoperiodic plants?

I’ve got a Sun System 150w, do you know of any bulbs or had any appropriate supplements in mind for a 150w?

Appreciate your time man!

Last, first: No, sorry. I haven't used that wattage (or smaller) HID in 20+ years.

The thing to remember, in regards to flowering, is that autoflowering stains typically receive at least 50% more hours of light per day than photoperiodic stains, because they'll flower under 6, 4, or even 0 hours of darkness per day - while the photos will not. If that makes sense (IDK, kind of tired).

Oops, wasn't paying attention. That first part was in regards to choosing a 150-watt bulb. As for supplements... Every little bit helps. Some 2' florescent tubes, CFLs, or the newer screw-in LED bulbs would help and not cost a great deal (and could be purchased one or two at a time). If you use CFL bulbs, orient them sideways and make homemade reflectors out of soda or beer cans by cutting most of the way around the bottom, cutting a straight vertical line upward from there, opening the bottom at an angle, cutting around the top, and then opening the can like a pair of wings. Cut material from the top in such a way that the remainder... So the light socket fits into it snugly. Presto, one CFL reflector. Might take a couple of tries to get the hang of it, but the material is cheap, lol. If using residential screw-in LED bulbs, orient them base-up (and consider cutting off the translucent half-globe cover, if the individual diodes inside all point more or less downward). A Dremel Tool is your friend.

Low-wattage bulbs should be placed close to the plants. In your case, with a small HPS, you'd be putting them around the perimeter, more than likely, but still keep them as close as is feasible. 6,500K color temperature would compliment the HPS bulb nicely, but that's not critical. Lower color temperature is generally recommended for flowering, higher (the above) for vegetative growth. You could run all 2,700K lighting if you want. Higher might help keep things more compact (I first used the words "... help tame a sativa," but that's like taking a tiger ;) ).

Back
Top Bottom