Reliable TDS Meter

HighWaterMark

Which of the commercially available TDS meters is most reliable, both between measurements and across time?

I'm searching for one which, like HM Digital, sells its own calibration solution.

Which of the commercially available TDS meters is most reliable, both between measurements and across time?

I like Milwaukee. I use a SM802....

Me too. I believe that some of their meters even have an option for using a different conversion-factor for those who are mathematically-challenged and their EC59 also displays the results in EC (actual).

I'm searching for one which, like HM Digital, sells its own calibration solution.

Why? Calibration solution is, for the most part, calibration solution. There are a couple of different types, just get one that matches your meter's calibration requirements. Source is (largely) unimportant. Many places offer their own from bulk. Don't leave the lid off overnight as any evaporation will change the EC.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the meters measure conductivity and nothing more. The rest is math. Yea, you're right - I had this naive notion in my head that, say Milwaukee Meters would zero to a given concentration of ions, so I would want Milwaukee Calibration Solution. I guess any would do as long as I had a calculator nearby.

Thanks people.

Is it as simple as buying some Milwaukee 10.01 pH Calibration Solution, inserting the probes, and dialing the LCD to 10.01?

ok dont want to hijack ur thread but have couple ?s about using a ec ph meter. I got the hanna one linked above and it says it came calibrated so i also read some where that say dont leave them in the nute solution all the time or it will kill the probe, is this true ? it came with the 7.01 4.01 and 1413ms but not any cleaning sol or storage solution =( what is a good for storage for hanna ? would the 7.01 be the best as it is a neutral, just dont want to reck it my first go around. when i got it i was planning to leave it in the bucket ??

Back
Top Bottom