Reputation points

dont forget u can also give out negitave points too...someone gave me one once....

Lol yea it happens. Someone told me to stop bitchin cause I was mad about being fired. Hope it wasn't you. That'd be weird.

This will help

hahah, if you click on the thread it came from it will 'auto load' the thread and scroll to the post the rep was given. (so its pretty easy to see who did what even without it being posted in the comment section) Also, All mods see who rep'ed who. yep, thats right, I am watching you :laughtwo:

Also, the more rep a person has, the more points the person getting rep'ed gets. So like when Smokin Moose gives a rep, its worth more points (not sure what the levels are) as opposed to a newbie forum member, they will give only 1 rep point.

Lastly, if you click on the scales of one of your own post, it will tell you if you got any rep points for that post, and will tell you what the comment(s) was/were (if any). It will also give you your current rep total.

Cue music

the more you know!

Okay Now!!!
I got the same thang happenin' with BubaFlynn.
Says I got spread it around,
And I know I have reped several since the last time I tried him.

'Er did I do it in the last week and forgot??!!??
One of the side effects , don't ya' know :cheesygrinsmiley:

Flynn,
I rep ya' lately? :cheesygrinsmiley:

A reminder that rep points are only a means of acknowledging your peers quality and value of posting. As far as recipients and rep point accumulations, I find that largely irrelevant. I award reps points because they are earned. My personal total of rep points is purely an indicator of the time I have spent here. It confers no staus whatsoever on me, and I see it purely as an indicator of the value of my contributions here. I hope that may help clear up some misconceptions.

I find the giving of rep points an important function of the forum. Rep points should be used to indicate a post or image of value. Conversley, you can give a negative rep to posts that you don't agree with. Rep points are a peer value tool and are an indication of one's standing in the community. The previous reps thread devolved into a trawling for reps exercise and served no purpose other than an amusement. So folks, use your reps wisely.

Yeah, I agree Moose. I may not have hundreds of reputation points, but I've earned all of the rep I have. I recieved a very nice rep comment last night from a newer member, and I especially like getting rep from newer members, because even though it doesn't add to your points, you know that you've helped out someone new and it makes them realize we're willing to help anyone, as long as they ask.

Back
Top Bottom