Retail bud always dry, never sticky

Is it still good to smoke after that long and does it still have a kick to it? I need to grow as infrequent as possible and wonder how long I can store my weed.
Its freaking outstanding, like smoking dessert.
Silky smooth, its more sleepy time couch lock because of the CBN.
But still get just as stoned.
Id say if properly dried and cured and kept in pitch dark at as steady a temp around 69 degrees as you can I don't see any reason it can't go 4 to 5 years.

Right now its like Blueberry hash.

All my best buds from each grow like 2-4 ounces I put aside and don't even touch them for 8-9 months, that's when they get just right and all their flavors really come out.

Is it still good to smoke after that long and does it still have a kick to it? I need to grow as infrequent as possible and wonder how long I can store my weed.
If you treat it right it'll last a while. Also, storing air tight it in a cool, dark place helps. I still have a few nugs left from a harvest two years ago that was soo sticky that it never really dried out all the way. Dear lord that's some smooth burning herb

Its freaking outstanding, like smoking dessert.
Silky smooth, its more sleepy time couch lock because of the CBN.
But still get just as stoned.
Id say if properly dried and cured and kept in pitch dark at as steady a temp around 69 degrees as you can I don't see any reason it can't go 4 to 5 years.
I am sooooo glad to hear this! Thankyou!
Right now its like Blueberry hash.

All my best buds from each grow like 2-4 ounces I put aside and don't even touch them for 8-9 months, that's when they get just right and all their flavors really come out.

I returned to growing Marijuana in 2017. Some of the small harvest from that one plant and several clones is still in jars in the basement. It still smokes like it did in Nov of '17. I take a look at it every now and then. The trichome production is no where near what I can do these days, the terpines are very limited, but it would still be smokeable except that now I have so much more and better stuff.

I have some that I put into a jar on Jan 18, 2019. The other day I started checking every jar being pro-active in case some problem was showing up. I opened up the jar and thought how great it smelled, the moisture and texture had a perfect feel when I touched the buds. Haven't taken any photos of those buds yet.

The photo below is of some 'buds on the stick' I took out of a jar for a guy who ended up in home confinement for 10 days because of a positive Covid test at work. The plant was cut and prepped for washing, drying and curing on Dec 6, 2018 and ended up in a jar two weeks later for the curing. Two years and still going strong.;)

buds01a.jpg

I think you could say the same for any commercially grown crop.
When's the last time you bought a tomato from a big chain grocery store and thought "damn that's better than the ones grandpa used to grow in horse sh*t!"?
I know what you are saying. Interesting thing is that the greenhouse tomato market is a two stage project. The first stage was growers spending the last 30-40 years figuring out how to get the optimum plant growth, the best size and the most numbers of fruit/tomatoes when growing in the greenhouse. All that they needed was basic quality, enough that people complained about the tomato but were still willing to buy because it was, and still is, the cheapest way to get 'fresh'.

Now that they have gone about as far as they can with that stage the breeders are now working with the strains that are intended for the greenhouse. They have to breed stains to get the plants that produce the fruits/tomatoes that have the taste, texture and juicy-ness of 'outdoor grown in the sun' tomatoes. Those plant breeders started going full speed ahead on that stage of project about 2 or 3 years ago based on the articles I found in newspapers, magazines and on-line.

I figure the same sort of thing will start to happen with the weed market. The large scale commercial growers will keep doing what they are. But, the middle level or smaller scale growers will continue to work with breeders looking for the strains that will give consistent quality while still giving a consistent quantity. Those are the ones who will change the large scale growers over to producing a quality bud instead of accepting mediocre just because it produces an extra ounce or two per plant.

A lot of people investing a lot of money with dreams of making a fortune. It can only last so long and those that are left will have to grow for quality to stay in business. The craft beer and craft liquor market tells the businesses that it is what the consumer wants.

Back
Top Bottom