Retail bud always dry, never sticky

PacificNorthWest

Hey guys,

I'm sitting here stoned off some Sour Diesel, a bit more sativa than most of my smokes...so I'm thinking...

A few times over the last few months I've walked into some local pot shops and asked them for their best, highest THC, most expensive top shelf bud with the sole intention of comparing it to my stuff.

So I've concluded after about 3 or 4 of these visits over the last few months that I'm not going to do that anymore. My stuff is always better. Sure, it may not be lab tested at 22% THC, but I do small batch, high quality strain grows that come out great. No coughing ever, always a great smooth smoke. My shit is dried and cured with care, and even when opening jars 6 or 8 months after the last breath...my shit is still sticky.

Anyway, the reason for this post is this question: "Why does this over-priced top-shelf government weed (Canada) never come out of the ridiculously oversized plastic container sticky? It's always bone dry.

Why does over-dried weed lose it's sticky-ickyness? Aren't oils and waters different?

They aren't stocking those dispensaries with small batch grows that get burped every other day, like your own.

Your buds are fussed over and meticulously cared for. You won't find that quality in a dispensary. That is why we grow our own.

You got to think about it bro... the pot shops just want to make a buck. They will tell you whatever to make you buy it... I hate mass production grows. People who don’t grow hire people who say they know how to grow and end up with a lot of trash. That’s why we see it all being turned into oil... they grow trash nuggets. Ha ha!

I would not blame the local shops; instead look at the corporate growers.

Canada is like the US market as far as I have figured. The grow operations are huge commercial businesses owned and operated by rich folk that are in it strictly for increasing their business portfolio. The partnered up with other rich folk and jumped on the bandwagon to make money and not because of a love for growing plants. Some of those business owners have not even smoked or had an edible of the product that they are sending to the local shops. It does not matter what kind of plant is being grown as long as the return on the investment is so large it makes them and the bookkeepers happy. It is money and just money. That is why they are in business. Certainly not because they want to provide community with a product that is better than what can be grown at home.

A relative works for one of these large grow operations. He says it is strictly hydro, no planning on soil, no planning on experimenting with new methods and everything is run by a strict set of rules. Even if someone suggests a change that would improve taste or the way the product looks or smells it is just a suggestion unless it is in the program.

To them it is bad enough that they have to dry for several days. To cure after the drying means dead time while they wait for the return on their money.

I may be wrong and maybe it is not all that bad in this state or in any other state or in Canada.

Hey guys,

I'm sitting here stoned off some Sour Diesel, a bit more sativa than most of my smokes...so I'm thinking...

A few times over the last few months I've walked into some local pot shops and asked them for their best, highest THC, most expensive top shelf bud with the sole intention of comparing it to my stuff.

So I've concluded after about 3 or 4 of these visits over the last few months that I'm not going to do that anymore. My stuff is always better. Sure, it may not be lab tested at 22% THC, but I do small batch, high quality strain grows that come out great. No coughing ever, always a great smooth smoke. My shit is dried and cured with care, and even when opening jars 6 or 8 months after the last breath...my shit is still sticky.

Anyway, the reason for this post is this question: "Why does this over-priced top-shelf government weed (Canada) never come out of the ridiculously oversized plastic container sticky? It's always bone dry.

Why does over-dried weed lose it's sticky-ickyness? Aren't oils and waters different?
I believe they tumble it, smash it , then puff it back up and stick into a container. I’ll never ever buy flower from a IL dispensary ever again. I ask for the same , they look at me crazy . I smash it and it’s brown and barely get enough oil to dab . And it taste like shit. So I don’t know if I answered your question but I agree I will smoke my home grown weed all day every day over a dispensary

Agree..,I’ve found a few good finds in some dispensary weed here but not the norm and way too expensive. My organic small batch weed far exceeds local options and isn't that difficult. I haven't purchased any weed in the past year since I dialed in my grow technique.
17670E64-D4CA-42EB-A5B1-D26B4D1160B9.jpeg

I also wonder if the medical grade weed that lacks the outer stickiness is freeze dried weed. My stuff is dry on the outside but coated in crystals on the inside of the buds. It comes out drier but the high is still there but terpenes come more alive.

Just an observation and an opinion
Dispensary weed, mass produced and machine trimmed with the INTENT to remove all the kief as they sell it for a premium individually

Small grow personal weed will NEVER look like commercial grown weed.
I wondered about 39 seconds once about trimming my stuff to look like the store bought weed, and in that attempt I watched what I was removing to get that hard ass nugget that has basically been STRIPPED of all the best parts. My stuff covered in sugar and resin, cured slow in small batches 30 days MINIMUM yeah its shaggy looking but I promise it hits like a freight train on an express track
The attached buds are last crop and currently in Mason jars, well what's left is lol

20201212_093639.jpg

20201213_162151.jpg

20201213_112313.jpg

Always , always always . I refuse to buy flower again from any dispensary in lower IL. One of the many reasons I grow my own and find strains that look like this :)

EB27EBE0-138B-4CA1-9653-37388670D6C2.jpeg

I gotta chime in here because I am a dispensary owner. Please support the ma n pa, family owned smaller stores. We take a lot of pride n put our heart n souls into this industry. We may not offer 30 strains or a multitude of concentrates and edibles but we usually have the killer!

Hey guys,

After work me a bunch of the service hands would all get together and smoke a few spliffs. How proud they would get everytime they talked about gelato this or cookies that that they got from the dispensary.
I took a haul off of the cookies......and coughed for the first time in 2 years. My throat burned. The smoke was harsh. I asked them how much they paid. He told me 38 bucks for 1/8th......
I couldn't belive it. To pay that price for that quality. Then we smoked one of mine. And another. And the next day. And day after that.
I didn't bring enough weed to last me 20 days. But like puffer said that's the difference between curing and not curing.

Apparently the weed floating around thid place is from canada, and too me is full of seeds and weak and makes ya cough.
I'm from Canada and any dispensary weed ive tried I smoke makes me cough.
HOWEVER theres one small store in a town of about 5 thousand and I tried some tangerine dream from them about 27 bucks an 1/8th, and ILl admit was hella tasty. Well grown. Looked like it had been hand trimmed. Fairly smooth.

Then I had some gelato in Lake Tahoe , Cali that was pretty fire. Don't remember the smoke being harsh. Kinda funny I actually brought the gelato with me in my carry on. Flew from Sac to Vancouver. Made it to customs..

Customs officer like you got any drugs.

I was like yeah I got this fire gelato in my bag.

Hes like huh? Bro you dont fly much do you.

I was like man legal in California. Legal in canada. What's the problem..

He kinda laughed and said I fully understand your logic, and you were honest, but thats not how it works.

Made me fill out some paperwork and off I went.

The gf wants to go live in canada, she said i can come an grow Many plants and have a good life in the snow lol she wants to go newfoundland, where id want to go to alberta Edmonton for work and fishing.

Id say people could be told its from canada and its homegrown shit.

Guy gave me 8 seeds yesterday from weed i bought, he says amnesia haze lol

Thays funny. My wife's from newfoundland.. beautiful there. Winters can be a bit hectic.

Edmonton is shit cuz winter 8 months a year. Same with Saskatchewan and Manitoba.

Southern British Columbia is where it's at.
Crystal clear blue lakes. Huge rivers. Beautiful orchards. 20 different species of fish. Tons of game to hunt. Barely any snow. Stays mild during the winter. Can grow alot more strains outdoor cuz it gets dark earlier.
Alberta it's daylight for 16 to 19 hours.some days.

I think you could say the same for any commercially grown crop.
When's the last time you bought a tomato from a big chain grocery store and thought "damn that's better than the ones grandpa used to grow in horse sh*t!"?
Exactly.
As the industry continues to ramp up production to stay profitable while their commodity values drop in the competetive legal market its going to be all about quantity over quality. Just as mom and pop farms can't compete with massive industrial farms so goes the legal weed market. And yes, last legal weed i bought in Colorado i had to smoke with a cup of ice water in my hand because it was like inhaling a campfire

Any bud that is machine trimmed basically turns to shit.
I believe there are some small dispensaries here and there that have personal artisanal growers supplying their bud that probably have some top shelf hand trimmed properly cured bud for $350+ oz.
But I bet those dispensaries are few and far between.

No states nor countries currently have truly legal cannabis.
If I can't plant as much cannabis as I damn well please on my own land then it ain't legal, period.
To be legal it needs to be treated like a tomato. I can plant pretty much as many tomato plants as I like and the only thing I need to worry about is horn worms.
All we have now is a money making scam and the state and federal government treat cannabis like its nuclear waste.

We should be able to walk into a grocery store and buy big spears of fresh cannabis for about $5 a pound to turn into juice.

I gotta chime in here because I am a dispensary owner. Please support the ma n pa, family owned smaller stores. We take a lot of pride n put our heart n souls into this industry. We may not offer 30 strains or a multitude of concentrates and edibles but we usually have the killer!

I will agree... not all dispensaries are the same. I have a friend who runs a commercial organic dispensary, who also grows some killer weed. Some people still take pride in their work!

Back
Top Bottom