Reverting to vegetation help

smacsidhe

OK, I am halfway through harvest on my first grow. during veg I tried to kill my babies a couple times, with a wicked case of powder mold and a serious nute lock. I killed all my lower branches so i failed to get my clones for
the next crop.
I want to revert them back to veg and take my clones off the new growth. Can anyone point me to a good thread that walks one through the process, or talk me through it?
Any help would be very much appreciated.

Hi smacsidhe,

Sorry I don't know of a good thread off the top of my head but you might try the search feature under the "Forums" tab in the top left. This will return all examples of any word(s) for which you search.

I have read a bit about this though and the basic premise is to leave enough foliage (some indicate bottom third of plant) to allow photosynthesis to continue and reintroduce a vegetative light schedule. Many recommendations I've seen are to use an even longer than usual period of lights on for the first 2 or 3 weeks (think 20/4 or 24/0) to speed the conversion back to the vegetative state. I understand new foliage during this time can be quite different, with 1 or 3 leaf figurations but that after a couple of weeks things should return to normal growth.

Be well and happy growing!

Thanks TanR, You are one here who is really helpful. That's basically what I read as well, but the part about going heavy on the lights for the first couple weeks is new info. It makes sense to me, anyway, so I'll go for it.

Glad to help smacsidhe. One other recommendation is to revert to vegetative nutes if your using veg/bloom specific nutes and go really easy the nutes for the first couple weeks. You basically have a huge root system feeding a greatly reduced foliage mass and apparently its pretty easy to overdo the nutes if not careful.

I plan on transplanting from the 3.5 gal into 10 gal pots, gently breaking apart the root-ball edges and trimming the ends a little to stimulate new growth outward.
If I can get them to bend into an even canopy I'm going to be aggressively super-cropping, so I think the larger root system will be a plus. If not, then I'll just take my clones and start over.

personally i dont know why u would want to do that for all the hassle its worth. u would be better getting seeds and starting from scratch for definate. But if u are adamant u want to do it flip ur lights back to 24/7. This will reveg plant, however it depends how far the plant is flowered on what the results are. i certainly would never use clones from this method and i have many years experience growing in all different ways and vast experience cloning. it will take few weeks before u could take a viable cut then 2 weeks to root then veg again, just start again is my advice mate.

just an after thought. if plants have have mould and nute issues then u reveg its def going to be bad news i fear.

just an after thought. if plants have have mould and nute issues then u reveg its def going to be bad news i fear.

All the nutrient and mold problems are solved, and the plants are healthy. I will be buying new seeds for the next grow after this, but I need to have a quick crop going, and won't have money for seeds or clones until this crop is cured and the excess sold to a dispensary. With better than a month till I could possibly sell any, I need to be starting sooner. If it works, great. If not, then I really haven't lost anything.

Back
Top Bottom