Rising and falling temps and humidity: is it bad?

meffa

I'm in week four of flower and have a question about rising and falling temps and humidity. I'm in soil btw.

I'm supplementing Co2 and my schedule is Co2 on for 10min at the top of the hour, then off for 20 min while ppm's drop, then I vent (intake & exhaust) for 30 minutes (Co2 still off), and I repeat this cycle throughout the day.

My plants look absolutely fantastic from what I can tell (first grow), but I'm wondering if the rise and fall of temps and humidity throughout the day are bad long-term, mostly from a mold perspective. I also vent throughout the entire dark period.

With Co2 going or during the non-vent part of the hour the temps hit ~90F and R/H gets into the 80's immediately after watering, then R/H gets lower over the days following.

Does anyone have first hand experience with fluctuating temps and humidity throughout the day and are there negative effects that I'm just not seeing?

I did plan to stop Co2 all together after week 6, or at least wean off as I read this is customary. When I stop supplementing I figure I'll be able to more precisely and consistently control temps and humidity.

Welcome. It's a weed. I don't monitor my temp or RH. I have to live with ambient, though RH rarely gets high. Move a large volume of air through your plants with a strong fan so the plant can self regulate a lot better, and it will minimize the negative impact of less than optimal ambient conditions.

Welcome. It's a weed. I don't monitor my temp or RH. I have to live with ambient, though RH rarely gets high. Move a large volume of air through your plants with a strong fan so the plant can self regulate a lot better, and it will minimize the negative impact of less than optimal ambient conditions.
That's a really good point. I have 3 oscillating tower fans in three of the corners, and a small desk fan on the floor blowing up through the canopy. I have a 4th tower fan but I'm not sure I have room for it in the tent.

I have a dehumidifier outside the tent and my intake fan is positioned so that the dry air from the dehumidifier is brought into the tent when the intake fan is on. I also installed a small dehumidifier IN the tent, though it's not totally fixing the high humidity, and it's adding a little to the temp. I had this dehumidifier exhausting out of the tent via a bush-fix type duct I made, but that's drawing out the Co2.

I really like the point about air movement. I could turn up the tower fans if needed, but was concerned about wind burn.

Back
Top Bottom