Roots won't grown on dwc

JoeyLuciano

Ok So i have 4 clones in bubble bucket systems. The temps were at about 72-74 Degrees and the roots started to get root rot. Its been about 3 weeks and i have been cleaning each bucket once a week and spraying the roots. I also bought another air pump so there is more than enough air. iv been putting frozen bottles in it everyday to drop the temps too. The plant looks healthy on out side but is growing VERY slow for dwc. The roots are not sliming anymore but they still have a brown tent to them. Im also fairly sure there is no light penetration. My problem is i'm seeing pretty much zero root growth in all 4 buckets. Im not sure what im doing wrong and theres nothing els i can think to do. Thank you for the help.

Re: Roots wont grown on dwc.

you can try beneficial bacteria I've been playing with Mykos extreme gardening its powder for but I add 1 tbls to gallon of water seems to be working great. Quick fix is when you do your water change give them a peroxide dunk grab some 3% from your bathroom and add about 20 ml to a gallon of water and let them soak while you clean your buckets out. Then add 5 ml per gallon of water when your done this will add extra oxygen to your water and help promote a sterile rez and you should see some new root growth in a few days.

Thanks for the quick reply Kola! I will give my plants a H202 dunk today and see how it goes. Also i bought some Voodoo Juice from Advance Nutrients to try and help this and it didn't seem to work. Is Mykos similar to Voodoo Juice? And if you use beneficial bacterias do you have to first fix the root rot problem before they can have an effect?

I can't tell you if there similar what I did when I used the Mykos was is I filled a pail of water and just put a handful of the Mykos in then threw a air stone in the bucket and let it get mixed up real good then dunked my plants and let them soak for a while while I cleaned my system out. I paid 20 buck or so for 2.2 lbs of the mykos and they say you don't have to use it threw the whole grow I had to search every where for a dosage for per gallon since it meant for dirt but you tube has some videos actually the guys from Mykos. you will definitely know when its working my girls are drinking up water like crazy like a few gallons a day. So I alternate now i mix up nutes in a 5 gallon jug and give them RO water then next time nutes water my tanks look nice and clean except for the Mykos that doesn't dissolve. been 2 weeks too and I've just been adding water and nutes.

Ya voodoo is a bennie but be careful peroxide will kill the bennies too, let me know your results hope they pull threw for ya. but don't trip even when they look dead they can still come back I've almost killed my crop a few times this grow and they came back looking healthy as ever LOL

Re: Roots wont grown on dwc

hydroguard by Botanicare is what I use it is a beneficial bacteria also I use pondzime to clean up any root break down and its made with barley, its all natural. check it out works for me and I just struggled with a root rot situation no fun!! Dont use hydrogen peroxide to clean your system or it will kill your beneficial bacteria. Make sure light isnt getting into ANY water or hoses this will cause green algae and thats not good. Hope this helps.

You should be able to sterilize with H2O2 and then add your beneficial bacteria about 3 days later because the H2O2 will dissipate in a few days.

DUMP IT ALL AND GO TO DUTCH MASTER ZONE I USED BUBBLE BUCKETS AND MANAGED TO GET ROOT ROT ALMOST EVERY TIME I USED THEM I USED 29% h2O2 AND IT WORKED GREAT, I USED ORCA AND IT ALSO WORKED GREAT BUT IF YOU WANT TO BE RID OF ROOT ROT FOR ALWAYS USE ZONE BY DUTCH MASTER ( I USE AT 1ML A GAL & I HAVEN'T HAD AN ISSUE SINCE) CAUTION THEY SUGGEST A MUCH HIGHER DOSAGE LEVEL THAT I HAVEN'T USED THERE'S NO NEED). I ALSO CHANGED MY SYSTEM TO A SMALL DWC SYSTEM FROM BUBBLE BUCKETS A MUCH BETTER WAY TO GO AND MUCH EASIER TO CONTROL.I ALSO USE WATER/NUTRIENT FEED RINGS BY HG AND VARY THE FEED/WATER TIME WITH A TIMER FOR THE 1ST 2 WEEKS UNTIL ROOTS POP OUT OF NET POD AND CAN GET TO THE WATER I REDUCE THE FEED TIME AS THE PLANT GETS OLDER FORCING THE ROOTS TO GO FOR WATER THEN DISCONTINUE RINGS AT ABOUT 2 TO 3 WEEKS. GOOD LUCK

Back
Top Bottom