Running With Scissors - My CFL Grow - My First Grow Altogether

So I went to get bulbs for what I thought was an hps light, but it's halogen. Useless for these purposes. And even though I ordered the LED panel before turkey day, it didn't actually ship until monday 11/30. SO it's supposed to be a week out still. The portable closet also hit a speed bump. All of the tube metal is there to build the frame, but the plastic joints/connectors aren't all there. Debating whether to invest anymore time in making it a complete structure, or just go find more junk furniture on the side of the road and converting it like I did with the first box. Especially if I am going to continue with cfl and led, maybe I don't want a tall, narrow chamber because of light penetration issues.

I didn't get the opportunity to post new pics or update because I've been staying in my wife's hospital room since early Wednesday. Haven't been home either, until about an hour ago. I may have lost my largest girl. Surprisingly the clones weren't dried out even though the highest temp recorded was 99 degrees F. I'm going to try some tlc and follow up with pics in the morning before I head back. I've saved many other varieties of plants as an amateur gardener around and outside of my home, hopefully I can save my big girl. Hope to follow up with pics tomorrow depending on life events.

Found out what it was that got her there. It's called intussesception. Never heard of it before. She will be home in a few days. I did save the big girl, she was just really thirsty. There's a few spots that contacted the cfl's on both plants. I'm definitely going to use a higher end soil when I re- pot the clones. As these babies are growing they're drinking more and more and I don't believe this cheap soil holds enough moisture.
IMG_20151206_143544230_1_.jpg
IMG_20151206_143533054_1_.jpg
IMG_20151206_143527897_1_.jpg
IMG_20151206_143522157_1_.jpg
IMG_20151206_143503142_1_.jpg

Haven't had much time to play lately, but the red/blue/orange/white led panel went in a few days ago, left cfls for side lighting, will add more as needed. Plants are responding well to new light source, a couple more days and I will begin flowering. Ordered some Tiger Bloom for flowering, should be in soon. Here's a couple of quick pics.
IMG_20151210_150707269_1_.jpg
IMG_20151210_150700640_1_.jpg

I've gotten a temporary area set up for the clones to continue veg. Instead of rigging up another box I'll probably order up a tent. One of the clones is really taking off, and it's the youngest I believe. Going to need to repot soon.

Here's today's updated pics. I thinned some leaf out. Day 4 of flower. I ordered a tent last night, will switch the flowering over to there and bring the clones back into this box for veg.
IMG_20151219_123044354_HDR_1_.jpg
IMG_20151219_123055574_1_.jpg
IMG_20151219_122944879_HDR_1_.jpg
IMG_20151219_123025387_1_.jpg
IMG_20151219_123016663_HDR_1_.jpg

Day 8 flowering. The larger has showed pistols on multiple locations of the plant over past couple of days. As both plants have spread the smaller of the two is back under all cfl, the larger has the led panel and surrounding cfls.
sexyfemale1.jpg

Today the first several pistols started to appear on this smaller lady. I hope neither hermies.
sexyfemale2.jpg

This is day 14 of flowering, I noticed some of my days may be labeled wrong in recent updates. I received my tent a couple of days ago and the ladies are really loving the extra space. This is plant 1 in the first two pics.
plant1a_12-29.jpg
plant1b_12-29.jpg

and this is plant 2
plant2_12-29.jpg

Plant two isn't as circularly organized as plant 1, and that's due to a couple of accidental toppings late in veg. Thoughts?
Also, I naively ordered a cheap 14w led panel without really looking into them, and noticed it wasn't doing much, that's when I got educated a bit on them. Point is, I pulled it off of the flowering ladies, have every cfl in the tent for flowering now, but have 4 clones that are still very small. Ya'll think that 14w led panel will be enough for the clones for a bit? They're in 2"x2"x4" starter pots, so they all easily fit underneath the 12"x12" panel and I currently have it about 1 1/2" off the tops of the plants. It puts out so little it runs cool enough to not even need a fan running in my old box.

Back
Top Bottom