2 Bag Seed - Stealthy Indoor - Soil Grow - 209W CFL - Organic

snwbrder952

Hey Folk,
Let Me start of by saying this is my first time grow. I have been doing a great amount of research for a good period of time. Following many journals and reading many books. I also happen to be very handy and creative. I have had a great amount of luck with my past a current methods however i have ran into my first problem and it has encouraged me to reach out to you guys and get your input and share my babies with you. I am still in the vegetative stage i did however just set up the timer to switch to 12/12 tonight. I am very busy and i havent had the time to complete my full set up yet but i hope you enjoy it.

Lets start off with what i got going on.

Strain- 2 Bagseed (NO IDEA)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid?- Hybrid i'd say. one more than the other
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?- Both are in the Veg stage.
If in Veg... For how long?- It has been about a month for plant 1 and 3 weeks for plant 2
Indoor or outdoor?- indoor
Soil or Hydro? - Soil organic (more on it later)
If soil... What size pot?- 3 gallon
Size of light?- 209 watt's cfl
Is it aircooled?- I have an exhaust and an intake
Temp of Room/cab?- 80 lights on 70 lights off
Any Pests ?- I had what i believe to have been fungus gnats due to overwatering. i think they are mostly gone but i believe the cause some damages to the roots changing many of my leaves yellow and brown
How often are you watering? was watering daily now every other day
Type and strength of ferts used?- Organic Ecoscraps natural and organic 5-4-6

So Right now this is what im working with:

Plant 1:
plant_165.jpg
plant_164.jpg
Plant_1_2_4.jpg

and Plant 2:
plant_2_2_3.jpg
plant_254.jpg

This is my setup:
setup_2.jpg
setup_1.jpg

Not to long ago i started experiencing some yellowing and leaves dying on plant one. i was seeing some what i believe to be fungus gnats and i think they were brought on by overwatering. I have since cut back and noticed it to be recovering i hope. I have also considered other things such as PH but it has been around 6.5 so i doubt that would be my problem. The soil and nutrients i have been using have been near perfect and im assuming that this problem has been encountered due to the gnats. I have not seen any recently so im hoping they are gone due to drier soil. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just set the timer today to start my 12/12.

Okay all,
So even though its only been a day I feel like i should update as much as possible to get you guys in here. Last night was the first 12 hour period of darkness for my 2 girls (hopefully). After i got home from work today i notice the plants had grown quite a bit last night alone so i decided to take off all the floral wire tie i was using for my lsting. I also russled through them a little bit to find any small yellowing deformed leaves to clip off. Plant one as i said before ran into some issues i think with fungus gnats and overwatering. They seemed to have cleared out by letting the pot dry out longer in between waterings. quite a bit of damage was done to my lower growth and by trimming away the yellowing and dying leaves plant one looks like it was lollipoped.

Everything so far is going alright plant one looks like its recovering and all the new growth looks great. They both have quite a bit of tops. I'm so excited to find out what sex they are. I'm keeping my fingers crossed they are both girls.

Anyways.

Heres Plant 1:
plant_1_day_2.jpg

And heres Plant 2:
plant_2_day_2.jpg

And these are 2 pics of some the the problem leaves i encountered on plant 1:

problem_17.jpg
problem_26.jpg

if anyone has any advice or any idea what this could be caused from please let me know. Thanks!

Hey everyone, just figured id drop in and give a update. Had to move my whole setup to my basement because its was getting way to hot where it was. Started getting up into the 90s now my temps 82 to 70 and they seem like they are already liking it better. Ive been leaving a couple days in between water because i started lifting the pots to check them and they were still moist. I havent seen many fungus gnats flying around so i think the problem has mostly gone away. However poor plant one suffered quite a bit of damage on her lower growth. end up cutting most of it because it was yellowing or dying. All the new growth coming in however looks great and a perfect green again. I have off this weekend so im going to finish painting the rest of the box white. Im suprised i havent gotten critics about that.

Anyways i made some minor modifications to my box also and i took some pics so heres whats going on:

pic_115.jpg

thats the new setup

These are plant 1:
plant_1_22.jpg
plant_1_32.jpg
plant_1_defol.jpg

plant_1_pic_1.jpg

and this is plant 2:
plant_2_22.jpg
plant_2_pic_1.jpg

I really hope its not to late to save plant 1 and that im resolving the issue. again if anyone has any comments or advice please chime in.

How often are you adding nutrients to her water? Yellowing/dying off leaves as they grow older is entirely normal and good to strip.

interested in PH of water, PPM in water. Also measure the PH of the water that drains out the bottom of the plant.

How often are you adding nutrients to her water? Yellowing/dying off leaves as they grow older is entirely normal and good to strip.

interested in PH of water, PPM in water. Also measure the PH of the water that drains out the bottom of the plant.

Hey DSXJ, the run off water has been about 6.5 and i used distilled water. The soil im using is somewhat of a supersoil as is the nutrients. only supposed to use the nutes onces a month. I think my problem was the fungus gnats but it looks like by watering less they went away and the new growth is looking a lot better.

However yesterday i discovered plant 2 was hiding some nuggets in her crotch so i chopped him down. Plant 1 however has shown me here beautiful start to a hairy self. Really hope i get a good yeild from plant one. Might germinate another seed a turn it straight to 12/12 just to have something extra

Okay, so im back im glad to say plant 1 is definitly female ;)
She is now about 3 days into flowering. Pretty much 2 days after i changed the lights to 12/12 she had a few white hairs growing on her.

Im REALLY glad i decided to kill the male when i did because i was going to give him another day in hope those little pods growing were actually the female parts. I then decided i was in denial and i need to kill him. AND QUICK. so i did and thank the cannabis gods i did or she may have gotten pollenated that night. She is looking beatiful and you can tell she is starting to grow taller quickly. but not to fast.

Okay everythings going good and all except a little while ago i experience some browning on the edges of new growth. Everything new since then seems fine but i want to make sure its not something i should be correcting.
leaf_burns.jpg

If anyone has any idea dont hesitate to put your advice, anything is appreciated.

But everything else looks pretty good so far

Heres a nice side shot of her and all the tops:

side_11.jpg

Heres a couple from above her:

top_15.jpg
top_3.jpg

and here's one of her new flowering tops:

top_23.jpg

Now also i would like to add. Many of you may have notice the little water bottle chilling next to my girl. In there i have 2 trimmings of her from about a week ago sitting in there with distilled water and a couple of my nutrient pellets and they have actually been growing a little and they havent shown any signs of dying its pretty crazy i think. They are not growing fast but they are growing and i split the bottom of both into many little small sections to encourage root development and it looks like its working i think i should probably cover the bottle so no light gets in and i might possible beable to let them just root in there.

Reason i havent tried any other method is because i dont want to order anything. ive paid cash for everything and bought in local shops. and i dont know of a local shop that has the cloning supplies i need.

Hey all,
Its been a few days and my girl is now 5 days into flowering and she is starting to look and smell oh so beautiful. In case any of you have been wondering more specifically what are in my nutes i took a pic:
nute_ingredients.jpg

completely organic.

I've also taken some pic's of her beautiful tops and some hairs:

hairs_1.jpg

hairs_21.jpg

hairs_31.jpg
hairs_4.jpg
top_24.jpg
top_16.jpg

and heres a couple just from the front:

front_shot_2.jpg
front_shot_1.jpg

Ever since cutting back on the waterings the gnats are gone and everything is starting to look great!

Hey 420,
Its been a couple days and we are sitting on the 8th night of flowering for my girl. Was just down checking her out and grabbed a couple pictures. The one lower leaf that has been yellowing over time is almost completely bright yellow. and another lower leaf looks like its slowly starting to lighten up in color does anyone have any idea? is it normal? heres a few pics
yellow_leaf_shot.jpg
front_shot_w_yellow_leaf.jpg

And heres a pic of another lower leaf starting to lose color and yellow. the pictures doesnt do it justice tho:
yellowing_leaf.jpg

but otherwise she seems health as can be. smells beautiful shes starting to flower pretty quick. Heres a couple images just taken:
shot_of_all_tops.jpg
top_shot_2_day_8_of_flowering.jpg
top_24.jpg
top_16.jpg

:welcome: to :420: snwbrder. Might I suggest a link to your journal in your signature, and when you encounter problems post in the faq section. In that way you will gain followers, advice, and friendship. I'm sure it will increase your enjoyment of our little cannabis corner of the www. As for your yellowing bottom leaves. It is most likely caused by overwatering. If you will go to the faq forum and look for member Emilya, she has written several real times this month about the proper way to water cannabis, and the problems associated with improper watering.

I look forward to seeing you around, and watching you succeed at this grow also. :)
--
Peace, RM

I went out and bought like a $1 magnifying glass and i can see a good amount of detail but i cant see the tricomes. I took some of photos thru it tho and got some good shots of the tops. but my question is how many X? magnification should you get to be able to see the tricomes later on?

You will be able to see them with the cheapy mag glass, with the bare eye even. Making out enough detail to see clear, cloudy, amber I use a 30x jewelers loupe. Bought online from China for around $2 delivered from a Web site that offers Prime service. :)

:welcome: to :420: snwbrder. Might I suggest a link to your journal in your signature, and when you encounter problems post in the faq section. In that way you will gain followers, advice, and friendship. I'm sure it will increase your enjoyment of our little cannabis corner of the www. As for your yellowing bottom leaves. It is most likely caused by overwatering. If you will go to the faq forum and look for member Emilya, she has written several real times this month about the proper way to water cannabis, and the problems associated with improper watering.

I look forward to seeing you around, and watching you succeed at this grow also. :)
--
Peace, RM

Thanks man, thats what i figured but its great to hear someone else say it. The soil i'm using; the top dries out really quick even like 3 knuckles deep but the pot still retains the weight so i know the waters in there. I've done a lot of research and i'm gonna make felt pots for my future grows because its dries more evenly and many other reasons. I appreciate the recommendation, Im gonna check that out thanks. Don't be a stranger, i'm gonna try to update as much as i can.

You will be able to see them with the cheapy mag glass, with the bare eye even. Making out enough detail to see clear, cloudy, amber I use a 30x jewelers loupe. Bought online from China for around $2 delivered from a Web site that offers Prime service. :)

Thanks again Rifleman lol, yeah didnt even think to order something like that. I've tried buying everything local and cash only but something like that could be used for anything. appreciate the input

The brown damaged edge looks a lot like heat burn from contact with cfl. Ive had a few of those spots when lsting and the leaves readjust themselves after a few hours and inadvertently contact the bulb. I have a couple of ladies under cfl's as well. Just began my journal today. Check it out.

The brown damaged edge looks a lot like heat burn from contact with cfl. Ive had a few of those spots when lsting and the leaves readjust themselves after a few hours and inadvertently contact the bulb. I have a couple of ladies under cfl's as well. Just began my journal today. Check it out.

yeah, thats kind of along the lines of what i figured, i used to have the cfl's like 2 inches now i backed them off to 3 to 4 inches. I do know for sure i was overwatering for a period and i was using high ph tap water so those could have contributed. As ive taken further steps to troubleshoot everything tho my lady is starting to look beautiful. I planted 2 more seeds a couple days ago. I believe the are from green crack so it will be interesting to see what i can get from them especially since ive learned so much this first grow.

I will definitly be checking your journal out. Thanks for your input man i can use the company on this.

Back
Top Bottom