Waknbake88's 2013 Blue Mystic Indoor Soil Grow

Do y'all think a flush is needed, they have never had nothing but bat poop, worm poop, fish poop, and molasses. And in the last 3 weeks all they have had is a tea that I diluted to half of what I usually was giving them and this last water was plain water so if I finish out with plain water with out flushing a bunch through my medium, is my bud going to taste ok?

Do y'all think a flush is needed, they have never had nothing but bat poop, worm poop, fish poop, and molasses. And in the last 3 weeks all they have had is a tea that I diluted to half of what I usually was giving them and this last water was plain water so if I finish out with plain water with out flushing a bunch through my medium, is my bud going to taste ok?

Ive read that if grown organically there is no need for a flush as there is no need to wash out any synthetic nastiness.
But then again, could it hurt if you flushed.. I'm not sure. I guess it could be up to you waknbak :)

I could see the other side.. Keep applying the supplements you have been and they could double, maybe triple in size before the time you are ready to chop, instead of flushing :yummy: them nugs are getting PHAT as stealth said :laugh:

FINAL STRETCH!!! :thumb:

Thanks for the reps man, I got a lot of catching up to do, I get small breaks to sit down and check stuff out all I've had time to do is look through.....I'm ready to have a lengthy moment to read some journals more in depth and get caught up on the ones I'm subbed to.

Thanks for the reps man, I got a lot of catching up to do, I get small breaks to sit down and check stuff out all I've had time to do is look through.....I'm ready to have a lengthy moment to read some journals more in depth and get caught up on the ones I'm subbed to.

We all understand, I have sat and went through peoples journals and read EVERYTHING.. That needs time, a good weekend lol, and a lot of us don't have much :) But doing that you learn LOADS! I feel like I can take on a good 30-40 plants, before I was scared of killing even 1 :loopy:

Hey buddy-
If you are using 100% organic (soil, ferts, add-ins) then you do not need to flush because in 100% organic methods there are no salts to build up on the root structure. Just stop using them for 10-14 days before harvest and switch to non-chlorinated water and molasses. I have read that you can feed up until the end and with true organics it will not effect the taste or quality of your bud. Also, for the last 36 hours, turn off the lights. When in darkness, the plant sends most of the liquid to the roots so you have less water content in the leaves and bud. If you look right when the lights flip on (after 12hrs of dark) the leaves droop a little... that is why- water is pulled to the roots. There is other research that says not only will 36hr dark period just before the cut speed up drying, but it also increases resin production.

You can either:

*10-14 days before harvest, switch to warm chlorine free water and molasses --> 36hrs before harvest, stop watering and turn off the lights (3 days of darkness)

or

*just keep feeding them normally and stop 36hrs before harvest and turn off the lights.

I like the first option because you save money by not using extra nutes. People who have compared both methods claim that there was no difference between them in yield/taste/quality and by switching to water/molasses that plant still gets nutes and your soil should be pretty built up anyway from all this time adding organics to it.

Remember I'm a newbie, but I wanted to give my 2 cents and I hope it helps. I love you brother.

As proud as I am of my grow, when I see some of the other grows here (yours included), I am reminded of the fact that I still have plenty to learn.

+ REPS

I would say about 14 inches above the dirt at the highest point.......I cut 2 medium size branches off and got a little over 50 grams wet so they are hanging and Friday or Saturday I'll sample a bud off each branch to help me determin when to chop.....might be in a week might be in 2. I'll post so e pics of the buds when they have dried. Thanks for the compliment brother !

Thanks man. I got them dialed in about half way through the grow. As good as they look though, it is still a very basic grow compared to what you guys are doing. I'm not complaining though. I've learnt alot, and that is what is important. If the green gods look upon my next grow favourably, then I should increase my yield substantially. I'll be stoked if I can get 100g from my current grow, but I'll probably be a little short of that mark. Next grow I'll be aiming for at least 200g.

Looking all chilled and sorted over here my friend! You should be really chuffed for ya self great job indeedie. Its just a bugger when using LST to guess when your stretch is going to finish. Im thinking I over expected on my Tutt as doesent look like ill get much vertical growth before budding properly kicks in. If you start flower with at least 3-4 inches growing up you get huge Colas!
Best of frosty bombastic buds to ya!

Looking all chilled and sorted over here my friend! You should be really chuffed for ya self great job indeedie. Its just a bugger when using LST to guess when your stretch is going to finish. Im thinking I over expected on my Tutt as doesent look like ill get much vertical growth before budding properly kicks in. If you start flower with at least 3-4 inches growing up you get huge Colas!
Best of frosty bombastic buds to ya!
Thanks LA, I'm not quit there but I see the buds at the end of the tunnel lol, I couldn't agree more about the vertical growth. That's the biggest lesson I learned this time. I think your Tutt looks freakin awesome brother!

Back
Top Bottom