Growheart's 125W CFL Closet 1st Time Soil Grow

Welcome to my closet ...

Quick update - Oct 11 :

...please wipe your feet, wash your hands, and take a hit off this cannon
:blunt:

(music is just some random free youtube stuff - and the burnt leaves you see are from stretchin a bit too close to CFL , if you aint burnin just a few times, your not truly living! )

Built super-trellis yesterday, very stoked on this, can now train each lower bud through trellis to be 1-2" close to the floor / centre light... Post some pics soon. The video is the day before we put the trellis in.

Nice setup...I can't believe you haven't got them into separate chambers yet. Specially with the two spectrum lights. Each perfect for the two stages, veg-6500k/flower-2700k.

I'm also using a 125 watt CFL for my first grow. These things put out a lot of heat, If you can somehow get those temps down to around 79 you should be OK.

Keep us updated, Would love to watch that video. :)

:bong:

Don't underestimate the usefulness of a PC fan. You can go online and get a 20 dollar 120v power supply and it will power up to 12 fans. They move a ton of air if you get a couple or more.

Nice setup...I can't believe you haven't got them into separate chambers yet. Specially with the two spectrum lights. Each perfect for the two stages, veg-6500k/flower-2700k.

I'm also using a 125 watt CFL for my first grow. These things put out a lot of heat, If you can somehow get those temps down to around 79 you should be OK.

Keep us updated, Would love to watch that video. :)

:bong:

Hi weedfairy the 125's sure do put out some heat, but didnt have a real problem until it was 2 in there. There is another closet in my place that is being planned as the veg / clone room, though there is almost enough room in the current... just rather have some room to work. The veg 125 was just sitting in a box so figured why not use that for side / middle lighting.

I think my ideal setup will either be:
A) 2700k 125w + 2-4 more 42w CFL's
or
B) 2700k + 6500k 125w's, plus 2 more 42w, then 2-4 42w for seperate veg/clone.

Open to suggestions on that.

Don't underestimate the usefulness of a PC fan. You can go online and get a 20 dollar 120v power supply and it will power up to 12 fans. They move a ton of air if you get a couple or more.

Will keep that in mind - kicking myself for giving away my old PSU about 6 months ago :bravo: :grinjoint:

privateeeeee?????? noooooooooo!!

it's up now d00d

LOL! DONT TOUCH EM! :thumb:

Yeah I realized there is no point , they are mostly healthy now just a bit beat up from age. Also now that the middle light is well positioned, there is new growth noticeable in some spots below.

late edit mini-update:
- Sick looking side nugs soak up the rays with trellis satisfaction!

Not sure if this is going to be the permament bulb setup, but right now it seems to be working pretty good, after maximising the bottom nug lighting by pulling 14 side/bottom branches within 1-2" of the light.

Roommate's creation:

Trellis_021.jpg

1stgrow-Flower_Day30_21.jpg

1stgrow-Flower_Day30_22.jpg

1stgrow-Flower_Day30_23.jpg

1stgrow-Flower_Day30_25.jpg

With a sexy night-time sativa shot to finish it off:

1stgrow-Flower_Day30_17.jpg

;)

Thats a mighty tight nugget u got, i bet she smokes is gonna be so sweet ;) i am very envious :roorrip: Please let us know how the bulb placment works out ;) Never mind i ll subscribe and watch. Looks as if you might have stumbled across i great idea ;) verticle cfl now I just need to get like 10 of them and 4 in the corners then 4 over head and 2 hanging in the cntrs :)

Herbsnbuds, a big warm welcome joint passed your way :)

Thanks all for the kind words on the setup - other than a few rotations which proved a bit of a pain in the ass, it's stayed that way and the side nugs are starting to show development! Also last night I had to add another stake to my super star sativa, whose buds are becoming too heavy to hold on its own :D

Watered last night w/ molasses , still hunting down the parts for the co2 stuff.

Update - Day 34 Flower

- had a bad watering while way too medicated off night-time buds with the green light on, knocked a few colas with my elbow and generally did not treat the ladies well. note to self water plants while less couchlocked.

- red hairs starting to show themselves
- week 6 starts tomorrow, wondering if I should stop using nutes now or one more ?
- need to get cheap magnifier / scope to check out trich's soon
- need to do something about smell asap with limited $$$$
- started using molasses this week after discovering that a lot of growers back it
- hoping to add co2 this weekend via sugar/yeast method w/ 2 L bottle
- I love 420mag :D

And I am too medicated right now to type much more than that, so here is some pics of the ladies about 1 hr ago, bedtime is in 30 min.

The Indicas ... (Hopefully purple kush, but probably some kind of kush)

P1100992.JPG

P1100993.JPG

P1100994.JPG

(this is PK# 4 which had lagged behind but is starting to catch up in trich's and buds)
P1110005.JPG

P1110006.JPG

P1110009.JPG

P1110010.JPG

P1110016.JPG

The 3 Sativas... Well 1 or 2 might by hybrids but the 1 is definitely a sativa, very tall and actually started falling over this week. Her top cola is filling out nice

(the red-white, white cuz its frosty and in a red pot)
P1110013.JPG

P11100041.JPG

P1100999.JPG

Possibly hybrid #2 or sativa and the red white lady (right)

P1100998.JPG

Sweet-smelling Sativa

P1100997.JPG

(note the difference here in lighting - above is camera set to auto, below is set to indoor lighting)

P1110012.JPG

Look close in the centre of this photo youll see the broken stem - but the bud is still growing nicely!
P1110015.JPG

Some close up trichome shots, really need to get that magnifying scope but the camera so far reveals only milky / clear when zoomed in.

trich23.jpg

trich9.jpg

trich32.jpg

trich42.jpg

trich52.jpg

trichface.jpg

Wow after the 4th or 5th time now adding a bunch of photos, it feels almost robotic lol. Got that shit down to a science haha, (if anyone needs image resizing or computer help hit me up)

Happy toking 420er's, you guys rock, keep on keepin on and keepin green! :hookah:

dude..... i do it so ghetto..... i upload all mine on facebook to private and rightclick save lol..... so the 3mb pics turn into 55kb or somthin..... lol....... tell me theres a better way...... ive tried some of the ones posted here on 420mag.... but hella slow.....

DAMN you take some sick ass photos! TRICHS!!!! YUMMMMMMMM :yummy:

dude the hairs look sick and that last flic is JOKES. im about to upload some i took a few minutes ago although i wana post up a video too....... goto try that tomorrow.......

be back in a few mayne :surf:

dude..... i do it so ghetto..... i upload all mine on facebook to private and rightclick save lol..... so the 3mb pics turn into 55kb or somthin..... lol....... tell me theres a better way...... ive tried some of the ones posted here on 420mag.... but hella slow.....

DAMN you take some sick ass photos! TRICHS!!!! YUMMMMMMMM :yummy:

dude the hairs look sick and that last flic is JOKES. im about to upload some i took a few minutes ago although i wana post up a video too....... goto try that tomorrow.......

be back in a few mayne :surf:

Ok sorry but thats hella ghetto! LOL
And personally I would NOT want facebook (even private) to have any of my ganja photos as their privacy policy history is atrocious.

Here's a better way...

Google irfanview
download (its freeware)
install (will set as ur default image prog - its what i use)
open pic in irfanview
look on the menus (top of window), file, edit, image -> click on image

funnystyle.jpg

go to resize/resample
percentage boxes are highlighted -> set what % you think will make the image under 1 MB , so if it's 3.2 MB set it to around 30% (thats what I use by default except when zooming in on trich's)

And for photo tips - get a cheap monopod or tripod, or just improvise, and use the 2sec timer so that you can focus on steadying the camera for exactly when it takes the shot. Take a deep breath and hold it to steady hands - just like a sniper does muahaha :thumb:

I would stop using all nutes except molasses. 1 more week with the sweets is definitely gonna help the taste for sure. Then flush last 4-5 days. :peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom