First CFL Grow In Soil - OG Kush - Wiw!

i agree i have also heard of mechanical timers failing but only after a period of use, the digital timers i had went a bit crazy, instead of only having 24 hours to a day, it just kept going past 23:59, it carried on all the way up till 44:59, so i have not used either off them since, they worked good for the first week or so, i chose the digital ones as they have some battery in them so even if their is a power cut they still keep time, so then when the power comes back on they can return to how they was, maybe i got some cheap ones that wasnt much good, people use both types of timer and have no problems, so maybe i just got a bad batch, but they did work again after i reset them and i had no problems since, but now im not running a hydro set up with a pump i have not needed to use the digital ones, so their sitting in the cupboard doing nothing at the moment,

Re: First CFL Grow In Soil - OG Kush - week 5 bud photos!

One more week closer to harvest!
The CO2 seemed to be retarding growth a bit, so I'm using it as a treat to feed them every other day. It's been really hot here this past week. During lights on its been climbing to 91. But the CO2 is helping them cope with the higher temps on treat days. I get my new CO2/ppm/humidity/temp computer today, so I'll finally be able to dial in my CO2 ppm's. 20 days left til harvest! Trichs are still 100% clear still but I'm keeping a close eye on them. As soon as I see 15% amber? The lights go out for 48 hours, then its snippy time. The next generation of clones I took are looking happy and healthy, started them on early nutes. Going to re-pot a few today.
here's some photos:
bud_week_5_5web.jpg
bud_week_5_4web.jpg
bud_week_5_3web.jpg
bud_week_5_2web.jpg
bud_week_5_1web.jpg
next_generation_web.jpg
next_generation_2_web.jpg

everything is looking good mate, just keep an eye on any bud rot, make sure you got enough air moving around, i didnt and the top of one of my pots had white fungus on it, like white fluffy stuff, so i had to re-arrange my room so my fans where blowing on the bottom of the plants as well as the top, this has stopped the problem and my plants have not suffered for it i caught it in time.

but your plants look amazing mate, well done, not far from harvest by the looks of it

everything is looking good mate, just keep an eye on any bud rot, make sure you got enough air moving around, i didnt and the top of one of my pots had white fungus on it, like white fluffy stuff, so i had to re-arrange my room so my fans where blowing on the bottom of the plants as well as the top, this has stopped the problem and my plants have not suffered for it i caught it in time.

but your plants look amazing mate, well done, not far from harvest by the looks of it
Thanks don.
Yeah I don't think I'm going to have any problems with bud rot. I've got a pretty major exhaust that's going 24/7 pulling a nice negative pressure through the cracks. An ocalating fan on the floor blowing the bottoms and pots, then have a stand up ocalating fan on the opposite side giving mids and tops a nice steady breeze. Plus I only feed right at lights on so my soil doesn't sit soaking wet in the dark. (that's where PM and mold most often occurs.) OG kush really likes to have dry soil, so I let them go almost bone dry so the pots are super light before I water again. It seems the CO2 causes them to dry out faster than without. I guess it's because it causes them to use more nutrients. After feeding each pot 2 liters, 2 days later they're dried right out.
Getting pretty excited though, close now.

{on your next grow}You may want to turn your HPS light on its side and place a reflector over the top,you get more light concentration from them horrizontally and any light that would be wasted out the top will be redirected downward onto your plants,this will increase your efficency and give them more light intensity. Just a suggestion ,Cheers.

{on your next grow}You may want to turn your HPS light on its side and place a reflector over the top,you get more light concentration from them horrizontally and any light that would be wasted out the top will be redirected downward onto your plants,this will increase your efficency and give them more light intensity. Just a suggestion ,Cheers.

Prime,
that is exactly my plan on the next one, 10 are going into a 5x5x6 tent scrogged, cooltube with HPS running horizontally above. Just wanted to experiment with a mini stadium for fun on this one. I've learned a lot, and I don't regret it. Just going to get better from here and have fun while doing it.

Here's a couple photos from today:
week_5_bud_6web.jpg

Trichs are still looking totally clear..
week_5_bud_trichs_crop_1web.jpg

Hey mate,
them trichs are turning cloudy also by the looks of it:) Nice lookin buds anyways!!
How much longer do you intend to flower for?? Great work:)
Later mate, Smokemup..

Hi mate,
How many plants do you have growing in flower atm??

Got the new flower tent up and situated.
Threw the next gen OG babies in with the T5 and CFL banks.
Temps are running perfectly at 75-85 without any exhaust.
Just have a steady cool flow of fresh air coming in the bottom mesh flap from a nearby window. (only during lights on) The other day I got super stoned and cleaned out the whole room and organized everything. Put the rocking chair in there to tell the girls stories before bedtime..

As soon as the buds are snipped and hung, the whole HPS cooltube setup is going into the tent horizontally.
Already have my exhaust routed and ready for hookup. Since my ballast is a dually, I'm going to get a MH bulb to veg these babies for a few more weeks, and top the hell out of them before I flip them to 12/12 with a new HPS bulb. Since I have more vertical growing space now, bigger pots, better reflection, and an overall better growing environment all together. I'm going to veg them a little longer and fill the tent up, maybe SCROG we'll see. The CO2 is going to be way better put to use in this tent than the previous flower room.

Trichs are all cloudy, and I'm currently flushing. Aiming to axe em in about 10 days. Hoping to see a few amber's in there before I cut.

Then its smoke report time!
Here's some photos:
tent_1web.jpg
tent_2web.jpg
tent_5web.jpg
tent_3web.jpg
final_2web.jpg
final_2trichs_web.jpg
final_3web.jpg
finals_1web.jpg

I checked out your journal and your plants look awesome but its not a vertical grow setup. Having a single row of plants with the bulb in the middle is broadsiding the plants with light. A true vert is having plants on top of plants bro. Not taking anything away from you but letting you know the difference is all. Its a really nice grow setup and the diy cfls is a nice touch.

I checked out your journal and your plants look awesome but its not a vertical grow setup. Having a single row of plants with the bulb in the middle is broadsiding the plants with light. A true vert is having plants on top of plants bro. Not taking anything away from you but letting you know the difference is all. Its a really nice grow setup and the diy cfls is a nice touch.
Thanks Mr. Smith for setting me straight. This was my first indoor grow, and I'm learning so much along the way. I know now what a true vertical is all about. Like yours for example. Reading your journals have me almost convinced to go Hydro soon. You're an inspiration to anyone who grows.
cheers.

Here's a few photos from tonight. Pulled a plant out to get better macro shots.
Looks like everything is on track for turning lights off for 48 on Friday.
I'm finding about 5% amber trichs, so hopefully by Friday, then 2 days of darkness they'll turn to be about 10-15%.
Which is perfect for me, I want an energy high not couchlock.
bud_flush_4web.jpg
bud_flush_1.jpg
bud_flush_2web.jpg
bud_flush_3web.jpg

think you could message me the setup for those lights? right now ive got 4 power strips with my cfls just plugged in. kind of makes me worried about fire hazard and crap. thanks.

Dude, it's on the first page of my journal.
if you do some looking around in the DIY section there are a few guys that show how to make them too.
Pretty easy and only cost about 100.00 for everything including bulbs.
Just using power strips is pretty sketchy, I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving those on for 18 straight hours, something could easily short out and burn your whole house down while you're out.

Back
Top Bottom