Growheart's 125W CFL Closet 1st Time Soil Grow

I am not local to cali but I have heard the news : 56% no 44% yes. Sorry guys but you can't deny the snowball effect this should have on the nation and internationally - it was a well done campaign and they presented their arguments well. This is still a positive step towards legalization, not if, but when!

BTW just search google and you will find thousands of news storys, this was not just a Cali story but international.

I am not local to cali but I have heard the news : 56% no 44% yes. Sorry guys but you can't deny the snowball effect this should have on the nation and internationally - it was a well done campaign and they presented their arguments well. This is still a positive step towards legalization, not if, but when!

BTW just search google and you will find thousands of news storys, this was not just a Cali story but international.

i couldn't agree with you more. Listen, yeah it sucks prop 19 didn't pass but its still a step in the right direction. This isn't a battle we will win over night. Prop 19 was just pre-heating the oven. Pretty soon we'll all be baking in the oven :ganjamon:

Smoke report: 7 days drying

Its starting to taste a real nice! Despite hardly being dry (stems still not cracking), some bottom branch nugs that were kept in an open jar have been tested over the past few days. It was 2.5 - 3 G's or so, and has a real nice smooth taste - ash burns to grey-white, and #8 Red white lady has a pineappleish taste almost.. very fruity. The indicas hit HARD and the one nug had a bit of a couch lock effect and some of the nugs induce burnout - this may be from lack of proper curing. All in all very satisfied with the quality / taste - however some seeds have been discovered :hmmmm: possibly the late removal of a hermie / most definitely some bag seed genetics affecting this. Glad I aborted the re-veg. Still, pretty stoked and cant wait to do the final weigh in. :roorrip:

i couldn't agree with you more. Listen, yeah it sucks prop 19 didn't pass but its still a step in the right direction. This isn't a battle we will win over night. Prop 19 was just pre-heating the oven. Pretty soon we'll all be baking in the oven :ganjamon:

Hey Eros, right on brother. Keep that oven nice and warm cause its not cooling down anytime soon :cheer:

Was just talking about this tonight while medicating with a friend, and how it reached such an international level means good things. On vote day up here in Canada we were watching a live stream from the CC website who was down in Cali, with over 700 + people from all over the world watching, during vote day, while harvesting my last plant :) Good job on the 46% that voted yes :bravo: 'Not if, but when'
:peace:

Well, time for the final weigh and harvest report... Pretty satisfied overall with this one as I met my goals and got 100% return on my initial investment for the grow. Paid about $450 for all my equipment, and still have more than half the nutes left over. So my goal was to get about 2 Ounces, as I typically grab 1/8 oz at a time for $50-60 a bag, the actual value to me of 2 Ounces is about $220-240 / oz = about $450... But really, the numbers did not matter that much it was just a goal to try and strive for.

I cut down the plants on different days, first cutting off the main fans and putting them into dark for 48 hours and letting them dry out, then chopping/ hanging, then manicure/canning 4 plants 1st day, another 2, then the last 1 Nov 2 harvest. Yesterday I put the last ones into glass jars. I believe that most of the plants seem to have been left out to dry a bit long, as my drying closet sits at 70 F and 45% RH with a fan blowing at the door which was open a crack. I was checking the stems mainly- to see if they would snap. They were snapping by the last day, but the buds seem to be really dry... yet still really stick I guess. The jars did not sweat after 1 day, however they are rather large sized jars (1.5 L) and are only about 1/2 - 1/3 full. Perhaps I should have better fitting jars, or just harvest more next time :)

Final Harvest / Yeild

= 50.4 G Trimmed Nugs
+ 5.5 popcorn nugs/manicured high-resin leaf from last trim
+ 3-4 G smoked early / quick cured
---------
About 2 Ounces or 60 G's... Right on my target! :rollit:

In retrospect I could have gotten more yeild if I had:

A) added the 2nd 125W cfl earlier than wk 5 flowering...
B) Added more smaller CFL bulbs
C) Known what the hell I was doing when starting out and planting the seeds
D) Started a journal on 420Mag earlier than wk 5 flowering
E) Used better genetics - had some late hermie flowers which resulted in one plant (#2) being almost completely seeded, and some seeds in #7 as well. (see pic below)

And now for some pics, you can put a stamp and seal on this newbie first timer journal, it's done!
:yahoo:

November 2nd vote day harvest
Nov2_harvest.jpg

closeup112.jpg

darkshot.jpg

Buds being weighed out
nugs24.jpg

nugs10.jpg

These are some really tight, sticky nugs - did not lose as much weight
Final_Harvest_Nov_8_Bagseed_03.jpg

Final_Harvest_Nov_8_Bagseed_02.jpg

Final_Harvest_Nov_8_Bagseed_05.jpg

Final_Harvest_Nov_8_Bagseed_06.jpg

Final_Harvest_Nov_8_Bagseed_08.jpg

Final_Harvest_Nov_8_Bagseed_07.jpg

And the worst thing to see during harvest...

Final_Harvest_Nov_8_Bagseed_011.jpg

Some scissor / finger hash made from the harvest / manicuring
Final_Harvest_Nov_8_Bagseed_04.jpg

All in all its been fun, learned a lot, most specifically learned to be more patient.

And in no specific order, thanks to Funnystyle, Gio, BD, Munki, Eros, BurmeseKush, 52, Supernova, j4s2u0, xbox, MountainHigh, Snowbender, weedfairy, herbsnbuds, 1st timer... Thank you guys for you input, kind words, and for making 420mag the best place to grow your growing skills!

Well , it's time to :rollit: (after curing of course) :thanks: all and :peace: out!

nugs24.jpg

nugs10.jpg

"All in all its been fun, learned a lot, most specifically learned to be more patient.

And in no specific order, thanks to Funnystyle, Gio, BD, Munki, Eros, BurmeseKush, 52, Supernova, j4s2u0, xbox, MountainHigh, Snowbender, weedfairy, herbsnbuds, 1st timer... Thank you guys for you input, kind words, and for making 420mag the best place to grow your growing skills!
"

Growheart, that is some FIRE lookn weed. id pay 20/g for that easily. if i did my math. your yield is 300 a zone easily... great great job brother.... hope its great great smoke! :)
Thanks for the shoutout brother, i myself am trying to learn to be more patient. all thanks to journals like yours.
:thanks:

next up bc and kt!! :yummy: :popcorn:

Wohoo thanks guys :roorrip:

Just got home from ripping some out of a bong at my friend's - gave him a few nugs to cure for himself - one didnt taste quite ready but still okay, but the indicas seem to be nice and ripe :) pretty decent smoke for only 1 week drying. Also had some old school black hashish tonight, with the nice peppery spicy taste to it... man that brought me back a few years!

:thanks: for :reading420magazine: :yahoo:

Hash Making

Bought a keif box for $50, maybe a bit pricey but silk screen by itself is expensive and this box is tight, has magnetic locks on both bottom catch tray and top cover, and works awesome!

The end result was over 2 G's of great hash - after doing 3 passes with the same leafs / popcorn nugs. 0.8 of PRIMO black hash, 0.9 of 2nd grade, about 0.6 of 3rd grade. All of them get you ripped, but the black has that spicy peppery hash taste and is sooo smooth.

Hashmaking_06.jpg

Hashmaking_05.jpg

Hashmaking_03.jpg

Hashmaking_08.jpg

Hashmaking_04.jpg

Hashmaking_07.jpg

Hashmaking_09.jpg

:bong:

Nice pics and showing us that,hey how many grams of leaf/popcorn buds did u use to make the hash? Hash looks awesome man! :)

Thx dude I did miss a few steps in my pics but they are all taken from here, the best hash making guide out there for this method!

Hash Making

I used about 5-6 G's of popcorn/leaf... but it was all the really close leafs to the buds did not use any larger leafs. Will save those for ice-hash when I get the apparatus for that!

Okay I gotta post again for a smoke report now that the nugs are finally cured properly - or at least REEEAllly close. It's been 5 weeks for most of the plants, less a few days. I had restrained from testing any nugs for the first 3 weeks, then started trying it every few days. In the last week, it's finally tasting and smoking to my highest expectations. I now have about 20g indica, 15g hybrid, 10g seedy sativa. Here is a quick report of how each type of plant turned out, not bad for some bag seed!

P1110209.JPG

The Indicas... man, soooooo sweet, kush for sure just not sure what kind. It tastes like the purple kush that I had grabbed in the past, and looks similar, so I am going to go with that.

Really kicking myself right now for not learning how / taking the initiative to clone... Though I was having bug problems, and needed to make some changes to the garden... but DAMN! It smokes as good, if not better than anything I have ever grabbed and paid $220-240 an ounce for, if not more. Oh well thats how it goes sometimes it just makes me want to save these nugs and not smoke them haha.

flower_day_41_005.jpg

The Sativa plant - SEEDS! And does not taste as good , though is starting to come around and taste sweet / piney. But mostly immature seeds. Will be making hash, or cooking from this plant most likely.

P1110206.JPG

And the Hybrids / grapefruit - it tastes like fruity citrusy with a bit earthy taste to the aftertaste. Awesome daytime smoke - im baked on it right now, no burnout whatsoever and gives a nice body buzz toward the end too. There are a few seeds in one of these plants, but very low %. If I find a few viable seeds of this one I may grow it out.

In a few days once I smoke a bit more and get some more pics, I will post 3 pics of the nugs from each of these 3 plants for comparison.

happy :grinjoint: 420mag!

awesome job with that hash bro, appreciate the link and walk through.:goodjob:

Hi Growheart

hanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too!
:cheer:

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Okay just spent almost an hour in there - amazing how time flies when your giving love to the garden - set it all up took some pics now just going to take a toke sip my coffee then post it all up:ganjamon:

Funny - I googled to try and find my exact light, it's a "Sun Saver" brand, couldn't find it but it looks identical to all the other 125's I've seen on here.
various CFL's w/ horizontal reflectors

This is basically what I have, except my reflector is painted a gloss white all over. It also could be a bit longer than the one here. But this is just what happened to be at my local shop and was recommended for my grow size/space.

Yeah for people like us who don't own a house with a basement and good privacy, CFL's seem to be the way to go. Low heat, close to plants in tight spaces, and low power consumption. Your plants did look nice and bushy and not surprised the nodes are nice and close since your keeping the light right in there- thats the key with CFL's. Okay I got my coffee now time to upload pics :bongrip:

Should be painted MATT White

That's hermaphrodite. Not sure if they're good for anything. Growheart .... I just popped my 420 posting cherry on your awesome thread I'm doing my first ever grow... outdoors in my vege garden. I have three in pots in my greenhouse and one is going to be a house plant I've named all my plants...love harmony heaven aka john snow, peace harmony Eden fairythyme and angelsage. They each have a crystal of their own. I'm hoping to pump female growing healing energy into them . I germinated many because I was expecting some males however they all appear to be female. Yikes!

There's certainly something special about growing this amazing plant. I actually feel love swelling in my heart when I sit out in the garden gazing at them for far too long most days. Lol. Hope my neighbors don't smell them lol

I could do this for a living. In fact it's all I ever want to do now... grow medicine help people.

Happy New Year

Back
Top Bottom