Growheart's 125W CFL Closet 1st Time Soil Grow

Usually you shoot for most of your trics to be cloudy/milky color, thats peak THC level times. The more amber you have the more of that body high you're gonna get. The less amber the more of that head high. Its your call on what you want!

:thumb:

Checked out every plant and decided that 6/7 are ready for harvest - approx 60-70% cloudy, with the odd amber trich, so will flush 6 tomorrow, to harvest thurs-fri I guess (they have all been on straight molasses + water for 2 weeks). Pretty much beyond stoked as this kind of snuck up on me, was busy with other things and was thinking it would take longer than 7 weeks!

Thanks for the tips guys, done so much reading on harvest tips and curing, but like most things, best way for me to learn is by doing, will post a detailed harvest report when it happens this next week!

Crazy coincidence on that last post I made but great minds think alike.

No doubt a 70% amber hairs will give you a nice combo of the head to body high ratio with the trichs looking the way they do.

Crazy coincidence on that last post I made but great minds think alike.

No doubt a 70% amber hairs will give you a nice combo of the head to body high ratio with the trichs looking the way they do.

Herbs we were just talking about you and how right after reading your post, all the dominoes just fell right into place -> microscope trichomes, realize we are at peak potency for 6/7, start flush, ready to trim and put into 48 hours darkness tomorrow after lights off for 3, then another 3 will join them the next day, and 1 is going to be saved to harvest November 2nd to send good vibes to the people of California, don't forget to vote yes :Rasta:

I should clarify as well that it isn't quite 70% on most buds, that close up pic is of the most mature indica, and a lot of the buds still have like 30-50% red hairs. Have been scoping some more trich's on the indica strains, seen a few purple filled trich caps! Really crazy. I love this plant and can't wait for the full harvest this weekend! Thanks again all for the thread love! Good vibes and happy harvests for you all.

:peace:

Hey Funny, and everyone following, im pretty stoked that it's finally that time... Harvest time!!!

Right now 4 plants are sitting in our dark room - has been 48 hours right as of now, so just about to hop in and cut 2 down and trim 2 down to reveg size.

The next 2 will be moved in to fill their space in the dark room. Then the last, less mature plant will bask in the full 250w of light - hopefully this will keep it happy in the lonely times being the only plant :)

Also a branch that I broke off accidentally has been hanging in a paper bag for 2 days, will be ready to cure soon. Have been very tempted to quick dry and smoke but do not want to spoil my taste expectations :hookah: yet anyway...

this next bucket hit is for you :blunt: 420mag thanks for helpin get me here!

Well after about 3+ hours for 4 plants, harvest is done and drying for one day now. Surprisingly smell has not been much of a problem with them in a closet with a fan blowing in the room and door open a crack. I live in an older building and it seems to just absorb smells.

A close up trichome inspection showed perfect results - 50% clear, 50% cloudy for most nugs, some a bit more clear, and some amber, some purple trichomes, mixed in there as well. It was pretty consistent. Also saw plenty of degrading trichomes, quite a bit actually so hopefully I hit that 5-7 day window... if anything just a bit early but I like a head high so that's okay.

I took tons of pics and will post them all up soon. Did not bother with a wet-weigh, and this is only 4/7 plants. Next 2 are up tomorrow, followed by last one which is being saved for Nov 2 vote day :)

One question about revegging my plants - how much buds should be left on, if any, and should I switch them to 18/6 light right away?

Also noticed something that I found strange... all the main stems for the 4 cut were hollow... like a good 2-3 mm hole right through the centre... is this normal or did the gnats do more damage than I realized???
Harvest_Day_One_046.jpg

Harvest_Day_One_064.jpg

Harvest_Day_One_073.jpg

Cheers 420mag, and happy harvests to all!

Curing / Drying / Harvest update:

The next 2 plants are ready to be cut down today. The last one's still in the flowering room along with the 3 hacked down stems which will be re-vegged once we get a proper veg room setup. Right now they are just sharing the flowering light and the remaining buds /leaves seem to be doing just fine and not dying yet. I have been misting the stem a bit which looks pretty hurting... Still wondering about the hollow stems, anyone? :smokin:

The drying room's temperature, after some tweaking of airflow and temperature, is retaining a consistent 70-72 F with a humidity at 50-55%. Had some humidity issues with it reaching up to 57% at one point - this is the closet of a bedroom, and had to remind roommate to keep dirty clothes etc away from it! We have a big fan blowing full onto the closet with the door cracked slightly. Has been only 2 days so hopefully in another 3-5 days we will get an idea of a dry weight.

Next up is the planning / procurement of equipment for the next grow :blunt:
2 rooms to set up, both closets at about 2ft x 4ft x 8ft but looking to keep it small with about 4-6 plants in flower and 4-6 in veg at all times with a mother / clone setup as well.
Looking for some input here, as I can't seem to decide between a recirculating DWC using buckets, a DWC with one resivoir (have heard this can lead to root management problems, looking to keep it simple), or a drip coco mix and just have a catch / drainage tray ... this seems to be the most simple, or would DWC buckets be just as easily manageable ? I am on a fairly tight budget as well so will be checking out all the wonderful DIY stuff online here too.

:hookah::peacetwo::yummy:

Your plants were.... amazing! They caused me to stare at them for a long period of time. Just surely beautiful! I can't believe your harvest!!! I don't know if purely jealous is the right word to describe it... it's something more then that... :p ;)

Your plants were.... amazing! They caused me to stare at them for a long period of time. Just surely beautiful! I can't believe your harvest!!! I don't know if purely jealous is the right word to describe it... it's something more then that... :p ;)

Hi supernova, thanks for the kind words! Don't give in to jealousy, just use it as inspiration - thats what I did when looking at so many fabulous grow setups here! The harvest show sure has been fun though.

Took the next 2 down yesterday and got to share the joys of trimming with a good friend who used to grow himself, he sure was glad to get his fingers sticky again. Day 3 of drying today and the temps are 70-75 F , humidity 45-55%, usually 50% though. I guess the stems being hollow is normal since nobody answered my question, never seen hollow stems but oh well... Still trying that reveg cuz they were just smellling so sweet during harvest, ended up revegging 4 right now.

Hey Burmese - I am literally writing this as my roommate rolls up our first joint of homemade - this nug was from a branch accidentally knocked off a few days before harvest. It is not completely dry, but pretty darn close. Checked it under the scope, and MAN, is it white in there, like just coated. But unfortunately... found a few tiny seeds, one thats almost mature.. :O

A little bit worried about that, but this was a lower branch that could potentially have been touched by the hermie before removing.

As for the reveg - just pulled the plug on that today. Decided that we are just going to start from scratch, with good genetics. Picked up some beans today, will be starting a new journal in the next few days as they are soaking in distilled water right now !

:Rasta::thumb:

, thanks for rolling by - you came just in time for the good ending, I hope!

Today new beans were picked up... :slide: pretty stoked as we'll be growing Blue Cheese and K-Train ... (BlueberryxCheese , original Kush x Trainwreck) . They are feminised, 5 each. I still have yet to post the harvest pics and weigh / start the curing process, so stay tuned for a few final updates before my attention is diverted to the next grow!

:peace:

I would look into a flood and flow table with 25 % ffof/ perlite or 6" grodan cubes Problem with r-dwc/dwc bucket in a closet you have to be able to get to them and move them in and out and getting to the farthest one is a pain in the royal arse. With my closet i had a hard time getting my plants out through the doorway. In fact cant even get #1 out any more and gonna have to chop it in the closet to get her out. Oh and I used a qt of each kind of flora nutes on 2 buckets over the past grow. With a table tray you could reduce the amount of nutes and possible changes as well. KISS- Keep it simple and sense able :)

I would look into a flood and flow table with 25 % ffof/ perlite or 6" grodan cubes Problem with r-dwc/dwc bucket in a closet you have to be able to get to them and move them in and out and getting to the farthest one is a pain in the royal arse. With my closet i had a hard time getting my plants out through the doorway. In fact cant even get #1 out any more and gonna have to chop it in the closet to get her out. Oh and I used a qt of each kind of flora nutes on 2 buckets over the past grow. With a table tray you could reduce the amount of nutes and possible changes as well. KISS- Keep it simple and sense able :)

Howdy BD - thanks for the valuable first-hand input there - closets are a pain in the a$$ sometimes for moving things around. A lot of thought was put into this the past two days - will be moving to the other side of my closet to allow more work space because the doors are actually not in the centre. Will also be scrapping the DWC / hydro idea for now, and sticking with what worked, good ol' soil. Spoke to some friends, growers, seed store guys who were strong influences, and had good results this time around. Dutch treat again, this time with a bit more perlite mixed in as this stuff drys slowwww.

Also im just checkin out your journal, dunno how I missed that before! :popcorn:

Purchased jiffy pots today to start the seeds out in, some new soil, perlite, and they have been soaking for about 15 hrs now... you'll see a new journal poppin up soon - stay tuned, and stay high. :slide: :blunt:

Good grow brother. I have the the same thing going on in my grow. I am barely 7 weeks in and its time. I was planning on it taking another week and some change. I am flushing now. BTW... thought it was funny that youre using that same little radioshack scope too. Did you end up cutting off leaves to look at the trichs too? I couldnt use that thing to look at them still attached. Guess that is the drawback to cheap equipment =).

Anyway, just stopped in to check you out. Looks like everything went pretty well.:thumb:

Congrats on the harvest, Growheart and +rep for the success!

Hollow stems are fine. Actually, you probably noticed how strong they were. Hollowness tends to help aid the stems stiffness. My Master Kush stems were quite hollow and were the strongest of all the strains I grew this past time.

Good grow brother. I have the the same thing going on in my grow. I am barely 7 weeks in and its time. I was planning on it taking another week and some change. I am flushing now. BTW... thought it was funny that youre using that same little radioshack scope too. Did you end up cutting off leaves to look at the trichs too? I couldnt use that thing to look at them still attached. Guess that is the drawback to cheap equipment =).

Anyway, just stopped in to check you out. Looks like everything went pretty well.:thumb:

Hey Gio! Right on bro your going to be next in line for harvest, it sure did sneak up on me and I bought that scope just in time! I didn't buy mine at Radio Shack (here in Canada they don't exist anymore, called 'Source by Circuit City'. And they don't carry them. Had to find a telescope shop that sells them, cost me $30 for the same scope that goes for $15 in the USA radio shacks, but such is life in my neck of the woods where cost of living is one of the highest in N.America. And it's actually made by Carson, not sure if it is the exact same brand? Mine actually works really well, now that I've figured out how to use it. Still not great at using it on live plants as its just too hard to keep steady. But at 100x and steadied on a table, amazing what you can see. I practiced with dried herbs a lot first.

:smokin:

Congrats on the harvest, Growheart and +rep for the success!

Hollow stems are fine. Actually, you probably noticed how strong they were. Hollowness tends to help aid the stems stiffness. My Master Kush stems were quite hollow and were the strongest of all the strains I grew this past time.

Hi Munki thanks for the reps and answering my question! Your MK and Satori's are lookin reeeeal fine, guess we both started drying around the same time - should be some good smoke reports on their way.
:peace: :cool:

And for the update - still drying today, at day 5 for first 4, the rest are staggared 2 days each. Cutting last plant down today, for the November 2nd Good Vibes to California Harvest

Just about to walk over to my table and cut that last gal down, so here's to you all in Cali - I hope you didn't get too high and forget to vote! Vote high and get high results! :) :blunt:

Back
Top Bottom