Growheart's 125W CFL Closet 1st Time Soil Grow

For the first week of the remaining 2, flush with PH'd molasses for taste and sugars, then just RO or PH'd Tap (-chlorine) for the last week (4 days and then 3-4 days completely dry before harvest). This will give the best result without the nutes taste. I'm goin to use a flavor before harvesting my hydro setup but my soil grown plants will just get molasses. You can actually use OJ concentrate or other flavors for that first of the last 2 weeks. Just be careful of the bugs it can draw in because the soil will retain some of the sugar and bugs love sugar.

The way i resize my photos is by uploading to Photobucket, using the resize tool to 1600x1200 and then i just right-click and save, gives me a ~500kb file.

This works too - I use photobucket sometimes for posting quick images. But with my way you maximize the file size (max on 420mag is 1MB), so if your camera images are usually around the same size, you can always resize to around 900kb -> 999 kb getting the most outta your pics! :) But don't get me wrong simple is good too for quickness.

I would stop using all nutes except molasses. 1 more week with the sweets is definitely gonna help the taste for sure. Then flush last 4-5 days. :peacetwo:

For the first week of the remaining 2, flush with PH'd molasses for taste and sugars, then just RO or PH'd Tap (-chlorine) for the last week (4 days and then 3-4 days completely dry before harvest). This will give the best result without the nutes taste. I'm goin to use a flavor before harvesting my hydro setup but my soil grown plants will just get molasses. You can actually use OJ concentrate or other flavors for that first of the last 2 weeks. Just be careful of the bugs it can draw in because the soil will retain some of the sugar and bugs love sugar.

Herbs, thanks for the tips, I am going to give one more feeding to the few plants that are behind in maturity, and the rest will start getting just molasses + water starting this week. Also going to find a magnifier /scope today so I can get the trich's dailed in.

Buds are looking great!

Good work there Growehart. They look great and tasty. Good quality pictures:welldone:

@Growheart , nice lookin buds you got there, gonna have a great product!

Thanks for the encouraging words everyone :peace:

A question about pH - I'm using the liquid drop test made by GH, and when the molasses water mix (2 tbsp / 4 L) was tested it shows a color of dark orange / almost red. I then adjusted the water with 1/2 tsp of baking soda / 4 L to get the color to a 6.5 -6.8 . Then watered with this, tested runoff and its good like around 6.0 (I think this is good ?). After that I started to mix some more molasses water and went with the same ratio, then tested the pH before adding baking soda - it shows what looks to be a pH of 6.0 (yellow color) but my question now is, since the color of the molasses water is already a brown-yellowy color, does this influence the color produced by the pH tests??? Very confused on this right now my head is all screwy just thinking about it! Is this why an electronic pH tester is that much more useful ?

:thanks: for any help on this! :peace: :Rasta:

dude.... i think its cos they last longer, more efficient since its like all digital and stuff.... i would imagine better results in general.... oh and accurate... and plus i literally ph my levels like 10 times before i water with em..... (safe if you keep up with re-calibration) <----easy.... if i hada use a kit or ph strips, i woulda ripped out all my hair by now.... HAHA :Rasta:

lol i'ma say yeah, that IS why a nice 200$ ph/ppm tester IS 200$ homie! haha sorry idk the right answer but i would think it would influence the color a bit..

Can't believe i never posted/subscribed to this journal??? i was lurkin for awhile n youre always in mine n i was always wonderin why your journal wasnt coming up in my control panel LOL

grow looks awesome dude!!!!! cfls can do some badassss shit!! (dfwguy) and seem to be workin wonders on your crop bro!

buds look sexy ;)

can't wait to see you chop n burn :yahoo:

-O

Tester that relies on color will not give an accurate reading with a colored solution. My suggestion would be to mix 1/4 cup of molasses with 1 gallon water. If the PH of the water started at 6.0 yellow and ended up greenish blue 7.0-7.5 after adding the molasses, the molasses affects your PH by 1.0 for every 1/4 cup per gallon so adjust accordingly. Or go buy a digital PH tester. But I would get both a soil and liquid tester because molasses has been know to increase PH by the day as it breaks down into simple sugars in the soil.

hey Grow! just wondering how the ladies are doin...... so.... how are they?!!?? haha!

:goof::goof::goof:

Hey Funny my man, have been real busy here and low on fund$$$ too but its good because I've been working. You will find that I tend to drift in and out of the forums with varying frequency, I need my breaks every couple weeks however to disconnect from the digital world... A recent night spent on top of a mountain medicated, and meditating, sleeping under the stars and pondering this wonderful plant has totally refreshed me physically and mentally however, and the garden connection and passion for this plant has been fully realized :blunt:

Update on the gals... Pics to come a bit later today
Oct 21 ; Flower Day 41, 73 since seedling, approx 80 since seeds cracked.

- Starting to stink more by the day - this still has to be solved
- Pistols starting to amber up about 10-20 % on most plants, some 30-40%
- Starting to get really sticky icky to the touch and crystal up all over
- Molasses seems to have helped- all buds are starting to fill out
- Centre lighting / doubling the light to 250 watt is helping immensely
- Have not lost any more lower fans or had any yellowing of fans yet since adding the bottom/centre light, side and bottom nugs are doing great

Also have been planning out the next grow and whether to reveg some of these gals, start from scratch with new seeds, or a combination of both. I can get clones but would prefer to start my own and know the genetics.

Looking at Coco + clay pellet w/ drip system, or Deep Water Culture, and ideally 4-6 plants next time. Veg closet has been cleaned and prepared, just need to add electricity, lights, and plants. Yesterday I found two potentially viable seeds in a beautiful batch of "Cali Kush" - not sure of exact genetics but was told its a Cali Orange / Kush mix and it sure tasted that way.... soooo fruity, colorful. (will post a pic of it later too). Pretty stoked about finding those seeds.

Tester that relies on color will not give an accurate reading with a colored solution. My suggestion would be to mix 1/4 cup of molasses with 1 gallon water. If the PH of the water started at 6.0 yellow and ended up greenish blue 7.0-7.5 after adding the molasses, the molasses affects your PH by 1.0 for every 1/4 cup per gallon so adjust accordingly. Or go buy a digital PH tester. But I would get both a soil and liquid tester because molasses has been know to increase PH by the day as it breaks down into simple sugars in the soil.

Hey herbs, this makes sense to me, it seemed almost common sense but knowing so little about pH I had to throw it out there anyway. Thanks for this practical approach and suggestion - +Reps if I can! however, won't be able to get a digital tester for a few weeks but will try that ratio test to improvise.

On the molasses increasing PH I did notice even when leaving a molasses + water mix a few days in a container, the PH changed somehow ?

lol i'ma say yeah, that IS why a nice 200$ ph/ppm tester IS 200$ homie! haha sorry idk the right answer but i would think it would influence the color a bit..

Can't believe i never posted/subscribed to this journal??? i was lurkin for awhile n youre always in mine n i was always wonderin why your journal wasnt coming up in my control panel LOL

grow looks awesome dude!!!!! cfls can do some badassss shit!! (dfwguy) and seem to be workin wonders on your crop bro!

buds look sexy ;)

can't wait to see you chop n burn :yahoo:

-O

Hey Odorous thanks for popping in! :hookah:
Thanks for the kind words, getting more and more excited as they get closer to harvest and continue to fill out - sure am happy with the decision to go with CFL's now, and dfwguy is one of my favorite journals to date on this site! I have read through that entire journal, and gone back and read some more haha - learned a lot for next time, but stoked that dfwguy guessed I would get up to 1/2 OZ per plant, at 7 plants that would :rocker: :slide: be only a 0.5 gram/watt yeild but still would make my happy and almost double the return on my investment. And of course since finding 420mag and participating here, my knowlege of growing has increased like, exponentially :cheer:

Cheers

Greetings everyone, hope your having a high quality trichome packed weekend!
:roorrip: :slide: :blunt:

Finally got some time to post some pics and catch up with other journals after this, have been busy lately. Not much changes in the grow room although today picked up 2 used PC fan's for $2 each to solve some immediate vent / smell issues, and found a huge 4" x 1.5 " x 2" rubbermaid which was being given away -plan to use this for either a clone setup w/ DWC, or a resivoir for a Coco drip for the next grow. Just need to find a lid.

Also grabbed a hand-held microscope (the Carson mm-100) the other day - so far good at using it on nugs, but suck with the plants - cant stabilize it enough to get a good look, im afraid of hurting the growing trich's! lol

And now for some pics

Pics Update Flower Day 40

P1110206.JPG

P1110208.JPG

P1110209.JPG

P1110210.JPG

P1110211.JPG

P1110212.JPG

(this might be the 2nd best indica, starting to catch up)
P1110213.JPG

P1110214.JPG

gals.jpg

These next few are from today, day 41, and taken just 30 min ago.

(the indicas - purple kush, or some kind of kush)

flower_day_41_001.jpg

flower_day_41_002.jpg

flower_day_41_003.jpg

(The sativas / hybrids)
flower_day_41_004.jpg

flower_day_41_005.jpg

(next is my fav plant - the red/white lady, top cola is approaching fist size :cheer:
flower_day_41_007.jpg

flower_day_41_009.jpg

flower_day_41_006.jpg

flower_day_41_008.jpg

They have been getting a diet of straight ph'd water + molasses, seems to be doing the trick, making the buds swell up bigger, get stickier, and don't know about the taste yet as I have resisted cutting down any lower nugs. Week 7 starts tomorrow, so harvest could be soon for some of them. Getting pretty excited it feels like Christmas is coming early!

Looks like that bud is ready to be harvested, unless of course you like the couch lock. :goodluck:

DUDE :hookah: REALLY!!?!?! It's funny because my roommate and I just now were sitting around and talking about how excited we and how its almost time... then I checked out the journal and you blew my mind with that one
:lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke:

So is that the consensus then, harvest in next few days ? Going to have to re-read the 'when to harvest thread now' ; I can get some more zoom pics, and actually just purchased a microscope so going to get the low-down on those trich's today... Pretty excited now!

It would appear that not ALL of the ladies are quite ready, as some don't have too many amber hairs, but a few of them have about 30-40% amber.

Today is start of week 7 so now I have to figure out exactly how I want to harvest - should I take down whole plants, do a staggared harvest cutting only higher buds (and then reveg some choice ladies), or what?

Geez so many questions now, got some research & decisions to make today - we are cutting a few samples to check out trich's under the scope right now.

:blunt:

Hopefully harvest pics soon! And any harvest tips would be much appreciated as always.

wow, nice looking and healthy plants. Your in for a nice Christmas this year, that bud look tasty:blunt:

Thanks BurmeseKush!!! Really happy with the results so far, and christmas should be good and festive with lots of smoke I hope, guess some will have to be put aside and cured especially long for that :)

Cheers and happy growin' , going to stop by your journal later today :yummy:

Back
Top Bottom