Sarsparilla - Freak Genetics

PlumberSoCal

Sarsaparilla is a Pure Michigan F2 x GMO Rootbeer cross from Freak Genitics
20230301_101504.jpg

I purchased 10 seeds, planted 7 (2-9-23) got 4 seedlings in a greenhouse in Feburary 2023 Southern California.

I fell in love with this new cross watching testers grown coupled with my love of indica and I had to have this one.

Slow growing in our current cold winter as rain several days a week the past month will do that, otherwise I'm happy with their progress. They are receiving supplemental LED lighting but just 9 watt bulbs with the reflectors removed for 15 hours a day.

After only 4 of 7 seeds popped I planted the last 3 and 2 more came up.
20230301_101511.jpg

The 3rd one popped but upside-down. These 2 need to be transplanted into solos which I hope to accomplish around dusk.

My plan is a quick seed run and hopefully a keeper mom.

@PlumberSoCal , hi there and hope your day is going well there is SoCal. Our weather is probably the same or close too. I'm in North Fl.
I've never heard of Sarsaparilla, though I like the name. Your technique of growing and the way those babies look, makes me think you have grown herb before.
Thanks for sharing and I'm looking forward to hearing more about Sarsaparilla (that is just a cool name, think I'll name my next dog that).

@PlumberSoCal , hi there and hope your day is going well there is SoCal. Our weather is probably the same or close too. I'm in North Fl.
I've never heard of Sarsaparilla, though I like the name. Your technique of growing and the way those babies look, makes me think you have grown herb before.
Thanks for sharing and I'm looking forward to hearing more about Sarsaparilla (that is just a cool name, think I'll name my next dog that).
You are too kind. I'm just growing and learning every day, month and year. Learning to adapt to the environment. I gotta tell ya, it couldn't be more fun and we are both blessed with location🥰

@PlumberSoCal, good morning. I started a White Widow on Jan 1st as an experiment just to see if a plant would grow outside during the winter. Today she is doing just fine, a little short, about 12" in height, I topped her for the first time last week at her 6th node.
During the nights and cold days (cold here is in the mid to low 30's) I put a glass quart jar over her. I left her outside on purpose without added heat, and she seems to be doing just fine. I usually start my crop in mid April.
Take care and happy growing.

@PlumberSoCal, good morning. I started a White Widow on Jan 1st as an experiment just to see if a plant would grow outside during the winter. Today she is doing just fine, a little short, about 12" in height, I topped her for the first time last week at her 6th node.
During the nights and cold days (cold here is in the mid to low 30's) I put a glass quart jar over her. I left her outside on purpose without added heat, and she seems to be doing just fine. I usually start my crop in mid April.
Take care and happy growing.
Very cool😎 For years I was under the impression that they couldn't survive our winters with about a handful of 28+/-F mornings and always waited until March/April to plant.

Another grower in Hawaii, who came from Cali said I can grow here in winter so just to prove him wrong I tried growing in winter. Lo and behold I can grow here in winter but the buds do not fill out with the limited amount of sunshine. I've found this is the perfect time to produce seeds.

These days I'm growing year round and not just weed. I grow a summer and a winter/spring veggie garden. This year cabbage and spinach and broccoli
20230303_152923.jpg

More broccoli
20230303_152931.jpg

More broccoli, baby bok Choi, Brussels sprouts, leeks and Cilantro
20230303_152835.jpg

And tomato clones from last year
20230303_152842.jpg

Nothing like growing your own smoke and food😘

Very cool😎 For years I was under the impression that they couldn't survive our winters with about a handful of 28+/-F mornings and always waited until March/April to plant.

Nothing like growing your own smoke and food😘
You my friend are a "true" farmer. Nice looking crop you have going. I'm about 2 weeks off before starting my food garden.
Spark up

It's been a week.
20230308_154634.jpg

Growimg well and begging for bigger shoes. 2 smaller are a few weeks behind and the middle one met a baby slug or snail but survived. Strong plants.

The original plan was to flower these in solos
20230311_093551.jpg

They were growing so well I didn't want to allow them to get root bound so I gave them 1 gal fiber pots. Once settled in they will stay and veg for the next several weeks and then I'll flip and find out who's who😉

The 2 smaller/younger ones
20230311_104807.jpg

I put back into the warm seed/cloner for the night and they'll need new shoes soon😘

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom