SCROG - Answers?

Greenethumb42

Was looking for some information on scroging..if my set up is right or if it will work and if not what I can do diffrent..this is my first SCROG but not my first grow..anyway I made my SCROG set up out of pvc pipe..it is 28"x24"x24"..and it was about 10" from the top of the canopy..the one on the left is coming up through but the one on the right isn't as fast..it is really bushy..also the one on the right is a female for sure the little white hairs are showing but the one on the left hasn't showed all the way yet..I flipped 12-12 4 days ago..I also just flushed them also..the pH and the runoff pH at right at 6.5...well here they are...the one on the left is 14 1/2"high and the one on the right is 13"
20160111_021457.jpg
20160114_032221.jpg
20160109_010458.jpg

The last pic is a pic of the one on the right the really bushy one..this is the for sure female

High Greenethumb42

You basically have a good setup but you jumped the gun by flipping so soon. What you will end up with is a screen supported grow and not a real ScroG.

In a ScroG you allow the plants a longer vegging time so the growing branches can be tied down to the screen and forced to grow horizontally along the screen. You keep tying down the grow tips so they stay flat until most of the scree is covered in green. Thus the moniker, Screen of Green. If done properly you can easily double or triple the yield from each plant.

Shorter and bushier plants are not really suited for ScroG as you want lots of longer side branches coming up thru the screen to be able to fill it up prior to flipping. Having the screen in place like you do will be a big help to hold up the phat colas those plants look like they can produce. Very healthy and nice looking plants they are too. :thumb:

:peace:

That is exactly what I was looking for...so you think I should just let them go and not to tie them down..cause a couple beaches on the one on the left I pulled it back to the next open..that's what I been doing...the little stuff below that is coming up now...thanks for setting me straight you answered all my questions..

You could maybe get a bit better yield by tying down any taller tops so the lower ones can catch up to their height and they all sit better with more light exposure. Forcing the grow tips horizontal has much the same effect as topping a plant as it encourages lower branches to grow out faster. That should get you a few more colas at least.

Thanks for the info you was a lot of help..I have learned alot since my first grow..my first grow all I need was water didn't check pH no good notes and when I did start nutes when it was half way done it was miracle grow and I grew it outside..but now I'm getting better just look at the pics and you tell me..the first one is my first grow the other 2 is what I'm growing now
20160109_005623.jpg
20160109_010458.jpg
20151022_1829281.jpg
20151013_223348.jpg
20151023_2203591.jpg

I was wrong my first grow I started outside and finished inside cause it got cold

I'm back just wanted to give you guys an update...Ithe has been a week in flower and the one plant still hasn't showed it's sex yet.but the bigger one has white hairs starting to come out on all the top nodes..the one that has showed it's sex yet is taller and bigger then the one that is showing..and I also took the Scrog screen off since I messed it up..I'm just gonna let them go and do there thing.
20160116_224348.jpg
20160116_224222.jpg
20160116_224135.jpg
20160116_224117.jpg

Don't tie them to the screen you push them back under the screen. Push them under the screen till the screen is about 75% covered. The go to 12-12. Continue to push them under the screen till it is full then let them go.

I always tie to the top of the screen. Almost always want to re-position a branch or two as it's growing in and you can't do that if you weave through the mesh. Short pieces of twist tie that are easy to pop off and only need a couple pieces near the grow tips and remove ones further back to use elsewhere. Once the branch is trained horizontally it'll stay there.

I'm back just wanted to give you guys an update...Ithe has been a week in flower and the one plant still hasn't showed it's sex yet.but the bigger one has white hairs starting to come out on all the top nodes..the one that has showed it's sex yet is taller and bigger then the one that is showing..and I also took the Scrog screen off since I messed it up..I'm just gonna let them go and do there thing.
20160116_224348.jpg
20160116_224222.jpg
20160116_224135.jpg
20160116_224117.jpg

I kinda did the same thing and the end product was perrty good, the little scrog I had stopped the veritical growth and when I removed it ( because I was doing it wrong) the plant bushed out like yours and gave a pretty good crop, good luck. ( I believe both are female. )

Hello Green! I'm on my 3 scrog screen(in flower). But maybe I can offer a tip or two. There is no 1 way to scrog. The object is to have an even canopy of buds relatively the same height and girth. Some tie their branches to the screen onc they hit it, to keep them in place, others like myself simply pull the branch/s back underneath the screen and up thru the next hole. Not weaving them in and out of the screen. Most people start their scrogging in veg. This is where you prepare your girls framework for flower. If you know the strain you are working with ie. growth and stretch characteristics, you can plan for how much of the screen is needed to be filled before flip. With my Indicas and indica dominant hybrids, I actually let the screen fill in 100% before flip. She doesn't stretch much. The sativa dom hybrid i just finished, stretched like crazy so, i let the screen fill in approx 75-80%. by the end of transition/ stretch, the framework is complete. You just wait until the buds fill in. I have a few pics. These are modular scrogs. I need to be able to move my plants around with ease.
StayFrosty,
CanEyeBus

Yeah that's what I was aiming for but I only had the screen on for a week or so before I flipped..so I took it off..but from me pulling the branches back to the next hole of the screen when I had it on,it did give me more bud sites..every branch on the plant has a bud at the end..and if you look at the pic above..the big bud right in front is the very first branch..but guaranteed next time I will have my screen on and ready way before I flip...and I only veg this plant for 5 weeks .the other one I had was a male

Back
Top Bottom