Scrog Over Crowding Please Advise

CrimsonBlitz

Hi and thank you for dropping in. I'm worried I might be run into over crowding issues and excessive leaf transpiration later into this scrog. Net is approximately 10" W X 38"L I'm currently running a 90% Satia (Kali Mist) Under CFL's 18,000 Lumens. It's 10 days into 12/12 and Flowers first appeared 2 days ago. I'm not sure what I should do at the point or if the screen would be considered over crowded. I didn't find much info online and would like to get a 2nd perspective on things.

here's a quick pic showing a close up of what the majority of the screen looks like and the least filled spot

IMG_50743.JPG
IMG_50711.JPG

Thank you and looking forward to reading your responses!

Are you gonna do the heavy defoliation method at day 21(maybe 25)? This would free up the bud sites, which by then will be sticking straight up through the screen. As long as you have one 'bud' coming up through each, I think you will be fine. Remember, no matter how may lumens those CFL's are, the penatrating power is weak compared to other light surces. So you should consider a defol to get some lights to those buds. :goodluck:

Are you gonna do the heavy defoliation method at day 21(maybe 25)? This would free up the bud sites, which by then will be sticking straight up through the screen. As long as you have one 'bud' coming up through each, I think you will be fine. Remember, no matter how may lumens those CFL's are, the penatrating power is weak compared to other light surces. So you should consider a defol to get some lights to those buds. :goodluck:

i agree you need to get light to penetrate a little, cfls seem to be doing a great job though plants look great, if it ain't broke don't fix it. I would not over do it though.

wow thank you for sharing the journal spimp I have been giving defoliation some serious thought. The Journal was short and sweet, after reading it I decided I'm gonna defoliate them for sure! Thanks for the awesome info. On a side related question will defoliation help to reduce stretch? I'm incredibly limited height wise, would love to through an HPS in my cabinet but I'm afraid I don't have enough vertical space for it

Alright, hope my plants are healthy enough to defoliate, should i defoliate the entire plant? If the entire plant should I do it all at once like in hodder's journal or in 2 sessions? I really want to defoliate it now, Sure would make my life easier lol. currently 12 days into 12/12. probably gotta wait for day 21 though right? its about a 70-88 day flowering process.

Was pretty upset earlier this morning broke 2 of my biggest tops trying to tuck them under the screen. Handled with tender loving care lol. the tops branches must be hardening up or something. I swear scrogging really is an art and I suck at it lol. Think I'll stop tucking at this point and pray they don't outgrow my space. Will post a panorama pic for ya. Definitely open to suggestions

IMG_50312.JPG

pics a few days old, screen looks even fuller now with a massive army of leaves. The bottom of the plant looks like a damn jungle in there

Back
Top Bottom