Tommygun93

420 Member
Hi guys hope your all good.

I’m growing hemp for smokable flower. I planted a substantial amount of seeds this year from the same genetic and and have cloned the phenos that I found appealing. From yield, terpenes to colour.

my plan is to pick acouple of my favourites once gone through further vetting, and then breed them. Growing females of one pheno and putting in a reversed sex to pollinate of another Pheno.

what I wanted to know is do certain traits Carry depending on sex, female or reversed female.

cheers.

Standard F1 dominant/recessive rules apply.

Flawed, your understanding is. Uniparental disomy is quite rare and, when it does occur,there is no pattern to it. In the overwhelming majority of the breeding events, the resulting generation receives (more or less) an equal amount of genetic material from each parent.

Common advice used to be to select for "bud and buzz characteristics" when choosing the female, and other physical ones when selecting the male - because you couldn't look at a male and, for example, determine what the average cannabinoid percentages of its buds would be (mostly because it doesn't produce them). But then someone snapped out of their coma and said, "Hey, I can make pretty good inferences about that kind of thing by having observed the male's parents, and their parents, and..."

Now, with half of the "breeders" being pollen-chucking tw@ts who buy a pack of seeds from one source, a packet of different seeds from another (or' sometimes' the same) source, crossing them, and then selling the resulting mess as if it was a finished product... IDK.

Flawed, your understanding is. Uniparental disomy is quite rare and, when it does occur,there is no pattern to it. In the overwhelming majority of the breeding events, the resulting generation receives (more or less) an equal amount of genetic material from each parent.

Common advice used to be to select for "bud and buzz characteristics" when choosing the female, and other physical ones when selecting the male - because you couldn't look at a male and, for example, determine what the average cannabinoid percentages of its buds would be (mostly because it doesn't produce them). But then someone snapped out of their coma and said, "Hey, I can make pretty good inferences about that kind of thing by having observed the male's parents, and their parents, and..."

Now, with half of the "breeders" being pollen-chucking tw@ts who buy a pack of seeds from one source, a packet of different seeds from another (or' sometimes' the same) source, crossing them, and then selling the resulting mess as if it was a finished product... IDK.

My answer may have been a bit flawed. At least it made sense.

Mine might have been wrong :p. But it made sense (to me).

But, yeah, each parent generally provides the same "set" of genetics, then it's simply a question of (a) which combination it received for each thing and (b) if it's a mixed pair instead of two of a kind, whether one is recessive (and won't cause the plant to exhibit that specific trait, because only one copy).

Back
Top Bottom