Seeking advice

wizgrow

I am looking to purchase a complete or possibly a DIY DWC system. Pretty sure I could get this answered myself if I spent the next 3-4 weeks of reading up in my spare time but I am a little anxious to get started and there are a ton of different systems out there. What ever decision I make will still take about a month for me to get started on as the Kit/System will have to shipped to me internationally in central America.

Experience:

currently on first organic soil grow and baby girls are struggling - I think PH is too high due to adding Marble dust and not granite as I was told by store :( But i will get that straightened out hopefully. previously I helped a friend on 3 grows with his Ebb and Flow system - and learned the "Basics". he moved back to the states and I can't reach him for help on this.

So instead of saying what I think I know and should do I thought I just spit out requirements as if I was a client seeking professional consultation.

Current parts/environment: 4.5x4.5x7 Tent, 6 inch fan w/ Filter, Mars 2 1200w led (Most everthing else will need to be ordered and sent from the US as there are just not many options here)

What I am looking for:
  • Something that could possibly not have to be watered "Everyday" - once a month i take off for a couple days and I don't want anyone else involved in the project to cover it
  • Almost newbie proof :)
  • Something a little forgiving with power outages - I will have system w/ small light on a small UPS for the random 5 min outages but more worried about the 4 hour outages although seldom
  • Easy daily maintenance and upkeep in checking PH etc - easy to drain etc (Drain it to bathroom right across the hall) - I also work A LOT so thinking I better get something EZ to manage
  • Something easy to clean for quick turn around on next cycle - When cleaning my buddies system he used a TON of hyrdro rock and we spend A LOT OF TIME CLEANING the system.
Oh sure i would want more but i figure this is a good place to start - I know there is not the "Perfect" system out there for me but I want to try and get as close as possible. If solution is DIY - I have tools and I can get buckets or "Tubs" (Easier to get) of various sizes no problem here but everything else will need to be ordered off the net and sent to me.

I really do appreciate the help!
Cheers,
Wiz

Back
Top Bottom