Seniorweeder's First Auto Grow of Tangerine Dream and Blueberry in F.F. Coco-loco Medium 2021

Seniorweeder

Wasn't really comfortable trying to develop a journal, mainly because I'm old and not very techno savvy, so bare with me please as I attempt this.

Strain - Tangerine Dream, and Blueberry Autoflower's, 2 of each.
Bucket Size - 3 gallon
Medium - Fox Farms Coco-loco
Lights - (1) Growstar 600 watt led
Nutrients - Distilled Water with Cal-mag first 2 weeks, then "Advanced Nutrients", Micro, Grow, and Bloom
Grow Box size - 2' x4' x 65"
Venting - 4" exhaust with Carbon filter
Temp Average - 70/ 81 degrees
RH - 50/62%
Light Hours - Currently 24 hours
Light Distance - Currently at 22"

* I'm starting this journal at 3.5 weeks into Veg, but I am adding beginning photo's!
*First pic is at 5 days old.
*Second pic is at 3 weeks old and 7" tall.

5 Day Autos 3-24-21 light at 22%22 now.JPG

Girls 3 Weeks,, 7%22,, 4-9-21.JPG

I wanted to share my results as to the age old question of whether to "top or not top" an Autoflowering variety. When I first started to grow these Auto's I did a lot of reading about the effects of "Topping" and auto. I had good results on my last/first "Photo" period grow using topping and was very interested in training my Auto's as well. I decided to try topping one of each of these Strains and leaving one of each alone for a comparison. I read such conflicting input that is was puzzling for me.

What I have found so far is as follows:
I topped the "Tangerine dream" after the 4th node, and the Blueberry after the 3rd node.
Most the negative folks commented about stunting issues. What has happened to mine is that the Tangerine dreams never missed a beat, with the lower Axillary limbs racing to the top and really bushing out the plant which at only 3.5 weeks old and will definitely produce more "cola's". Only maybe a 1/2" of difference in height between the two.

Theres was however more of a "stunting" effect to the Blueberry plant, but still only maybe 1" of height difference. I will always top in the future. My take is that strain plays a major role in the topping effects, and I just wanted to share my findings!

* First pic is the Tangerine Dream comparison at about 9" tall with topped plant on left, and second pic is the Blueberry comparison at about 7" and 8" with topped plant on left !

Auto Tangerine Compare.JPG

Auto Blueberry Compare 4-13-21.JPG

Back
Top Bottom