Setup of 3.5 Gallon DWC system

2017 update on my Chocolope, DWC setup. Below are pictures of my first time two plants and how they have come along. Only couple weeks left in the flowering stage and hope they will swell up just a little more especially on the bottoms. And started new seeds already, this time super skunk and taking all the great info from you guys and improve my second plant. Happy New year to everybody.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile526135032.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2092235472.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1235890460.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1682944379.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1854508123.jpg

They are looking good!

My guess would be that your about a week away from swelling.

They still look very dark green to me at this point. I would be cutting way back on N this week and the next week I would not give them any.

To much N in flower can bring down the yield and it needs to be flushed out at the end to make it burn smooth and taste great.

Remember that you have to option of regenerating them. With buds that low on the plants they would be great candidates for it.

Once they started to take off again.

They would fill that tent in no time and really put out some bud for you.

I have cut down on the N this prior week already and only used 5ml for 3.5 gallons. What do you mean with regenerating, if you don't mind me asking?

If you cut them down but leave just a few of the lowest buds and leaves on them and then put them back under 18/6 light they will start to grow again(in most cases)

Once they start to put out new leaves in about two weeks they will grow very big very fast and should put out much more bud for you.

When I say they will fill that tent. It is no joke. They will fill it from edge to edge.

It would cost you about two weeks of time at first. But then they will grow much faster and fuller then ones from seed.

I just thought I would make sure you knew you had that option.

I do it every now and then and have never been disappointed with the outcome.

I'm a new grower and didn't know that, I actually asked somebody earlier if I could cut the plant during harvest time in the middle and give the lower nugs a chance to get more bigger. Thank you very much on your info and I'm going to try that out and keep you posted.

I was thinking about cutting it at the green line once I'm harvesting the top.
Do I stick with flowering N or change it?
420-magazine-mobile836215063.jpg

You could cut them there and let them go longer. But that would only give you a tiny bit more.

Not really worth it on those plants to me.

I would cut them about 8" to 10" up from the bottom and regenerate them because I like the look of the bud to leave ratio on them.

I like to get at least 6to8oz's off my plants. A 3x3 tent should be able the hold two of them like that with no issue.

I would also pick off some of those bigger fan leaves that are shading the lower buds at this time.

When you start to regen. I would go back to your early veg nutes. They will not need much nutes until they start to grow out again.

Just a closeup on some trichomes on my plants. Actually love looking at those pictures, and hope that I don't mess it up at the end stage. Yesterday replaced the water and less nutrients, and starting next week starting to flush them with water for a week or two.

420-magazine-mobile37543801.jpg

420-magazine-mobile610110659.jpg

Update on my plants! Today I went ahead and started the flushing process, I replaced the week old nutrient water with just plain water and it had already a ph of about 6. So I'm going to try to flush it for about two weeks or even longer, depending on my plants. Majority of the pistils are turning orange and still have a few white ones, the trichomes look really nice with just the eye view. (Don't have a good magnifying glass yet). I took some pictures with the led light on, with it off and a little close up of the buds.

839b7efaf14aa0c8400f44d5b4c8464c.jpg

262f92027a3f9d3dd514893b3194bf1e.jpg

ce4c26bccd68806da918b0dfbbbf2011.jpg

fb5081b47cc90526c30cd6c534780f3e.jpg

490d604779e92e67c4d9d0b5971ecc33.jpg

They look great!

If it was me I would be giving them one more week on nutes but with no N.

They look to be in the middle of the swell.

They look like they will have a big ass bud on them when done !

Not sure on your room temps but your pump looks like its breathing warm air.
Having it down low in a cool spot along the wall etc etc would lower the buckets temperature.

65* is about ideal , the plants will grow fast with the increased oxygen holding and have a low chance of devolving root rot

it's actual pretty cool in there, not going to get it that cool living in hawaii. :) I raised it for now due to the noise and vibration.

They look great!

If it was me I would be giving them one more week on nutes but with no N.

They look to be in the middle of the swell.

Duke0,
what does the N stand for, sorry for asking.
I'm trying to ensure I'm starting the flush cycle early enough and get those plants flushed from the nutes.

Duke0,
what does the N stand for, sorry for asking.
I'm trying to ensure I'm starting the flush cycle early enough and get those plants flushed from the nutes.

Nitrogen.

Just an update on my plants. I went ahead and harvest both of my plants. And the nice looking fat buds were molded from the inside, and lost a lot of those buds. It was almost impossible for me to save any of it. Lesson learned to ensure to keep the fan on the whole time, to keep a good circulation going. Now i'm trying to ensure to cure the little bit I was able to save the right way. I also started seven new plants of super skunk.
420-magazine-mobile1935496392.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1360465928.jpg

420-magazine-mobile244772745.jpg

Here is my new strain super skunk at the beginning of the second week of vegetation.

Back
Top Bottom