First DWC Grow

I haven’t felt this dumb since I had to teach myself algebra, formulas, trigonometry and shit. I’m gonna learn this stuff if it kills me

I feel your pain. I just smoked and stumbled through that 3 times trying to truly comprehend it :rofl:

No. They are a conversion based on electrical conductivity measurements. Concentration needs to be adjusted to your plants uptake.

I thank you for your patience, so after re-reading 20 times again this morning I’m gonna try to see if I understand again. So you make a concentrated batch and water it down to your needs. Once you dilute down to the PPMs you want mathematically, you then PH and measure the EC of the mathematical batch you just made. Then reading how the girls react adjust EC accordingly. You break it down further by doing the math on everything you are adding ,nutes and additives, that way if deficiencies arrive you have the numbers in front of you. And the PPM recommendations are a conversion of EC measurements, so let’s say FN recommends first week of bloom week 4 have 800-1000PPM should I be using 1.6-2.0 EC at a starting Point?

I know one for you about breaking your nutrients down @Skybound has the resources!
Only problem you have right now is the ph . Get it to 5.8 and watch the improvement! If you keep it up there your girls will be small buds very low yield. As they call this a weed grows anywhere any ph level but what ph does your dwc want to see 5.8 , if it rises that’s just a plus ! If it falls change the reservoir out because made your own acid rain !

I know one for you about breaking your nutrients down @Skybound has the resources!
Only problem you have right now is the ph . Get it to 5.8 and watch the improvement! If you keep it up there your girls will be small buds very low yield. As they call this a weed grows anywhere any ph level but what ph does your dwc want to see 5.8 , if it rises that’s just a plus ! If it falls change the reservoir out because made your own acid rain !

still fighting it Hippie. But I am happy to say Shorty us finally growing again. This weekend will be the last bucket change before the flip. I’ll be taking clones this week so been reading cloning threads. Got a hour drive ahead of me so I’ll be peeking over at skybounds stuff too. Your girls are looking good Hippie. 420 needs to host a gathering where we can sample each other’s grows. the stuff you guys grow on here looks better then the dispensary.

still fighting it Hippie. But I am happy to say Shorty us finally growing again. This weekend will be the last bucket change before the flip. I’ll be taking clones this week so been reading cloning threads. Got a hour drive ahead of me so I’ll be peeking over at skybounds stuff too. Your girls are looking good Hippie. 420 needs to host a gathering where we can sample each other’s grows. the stuff you guys grow on here looks better then the dispensary.
Would love to sample everybody’s work !
I want for you to have a successful grow with dwc ! My first dwc wasn’t that successful had too many grows going at the same time and didn’t take care of as needed . Only 3 oz a plant , just finished on with 9-1/2 oz WW in dwc couple weeks ago!

I haven’t felt this dumb since I had to teach myself algebra, formulas, trigonometry and shit. I’m gonna learn this stuff if it kills me
Once you have the concepts down, you'll be really good at hydro. I was in your shoes, and then I got this idea to build a machine that custom mixes nutrients. P
I thank you for your patience, so after re-reading 20 times again this morning I’m gonna try to see if I understand again. So you make a concentrated batch and water it down to your needs. Once you dilute down to the PPMs you want mathematically, you then PH and measure the EC of the mathematical batch you just made. Then reading how the girls react adjust EC accordingly. You break it down further by doing the math on everything you are adding ,nutes and additives, that way if deficiencies arrive you have the numbers in front of you. And the PPM recommendations are a conversion of EC measurements, so let’s say FN recommends first week of bloom week 4 have 800-1000PPM should I be using 1.6-2.0 EC at a starting Point?
Correct. One good additive is silica.

All I can really offer is a tutorial on how to use Hydro Buddy to count elemental ppm which makes tracking various nutrient lines a lot easier, but in terms of my own experiments, I find that the NPK ratios in Megacrop to be the best I've tested. So because I bought all of the individual salts, I make my own Megacrop now, but maybe it would be a lot more practical for everyone else to just buy Megacrop itself and follow @farside05 feed regimen of

..........................Veg..........Bloom...........(in grams)
Megacrop..........5.................6
CalMag...............5.................5 (Greenway brand is same formulation as Botanicare, only in dry form)
Pro-Tekt..............5.................5 (Farside makes his own PT from potassium silicate)

All I can really offer is a tutorial on how to use Hydro Buddy to count elemental ppm which makes tracking various nutrient lines a lot easier, but in terms of my own experiments, I find that the NPK ratios in Megacrop to be the best I've tested. So because I bought all of the individual salts, I make my own Megacrop now, but maybe it would be a lot more practical for everyone else to just buy Megacrop itself and follow @farside05 feed regimen of

..........................Veg..........Bloom...........(in grams)
Megacrop..........5.................6
CalMag...............5.................5 (Greenway brand is same formulation as Botanicare, only in dry form)
Pro-Tekt..............5.................5 (Farside makes his own PT from potassium silicate)
He hasn’t got on the MC yet but he’s checking it out . He’s fighting ph not going static for him !

Being not great at math, and lazy to boot, I've only used GH FNB or dry MB.. dwc or coco/perlite, it doesn't seem to make any difference.. They both work great, the plants in my threads speak for themselves.. The more choice people get, the more money the sellers make.. I take the easy road every time.. When GH was sold, they cut out the 3% citric that was in FNB.. Now I lean more to MB, but the ph needs a little more attention, and I do add a little silica..

I’ll probably go get silica today. Took 3 clones last night. 2 from Shorty 1 from Dirty Girl. Sliced 45 degree angle, scraped the outer layer on the bottom then dipped in root tech and into peat pellets. This morning let them breath a minute and misted them, all 3 were wilted over already. Gonna let them sit covered the next 2 or 3 days then drill a couple holes in the lid. Add 2 holes each day and see if roots show. Water change is tomorrow so might just flip the girls then. Ready to get part 2 of this pain in the ass learning experience going.

Attachments

• 1F11153D-75A5-447C-B18B-37B6E081E030.jpeg
    1F11153D-75A5-447C-B18B-37B6E081E030.jpeg
    836.7 KB · Views: 175
Made a gallon mix at 100% nutes Just to see what it measures up to, 5ml of cal-max and 18ml if bloom and I’m at 2.0 EC 978ppm. I have it hooked up to a air stone, I’ll let it run for a few hours, then PH and see if it fluctuates. PH is gonna be my bitch by next grow. I’m really impressed by how fast it grows in veg. For someone as impatient as me, dwc is definitely better then soil. Gonna run a full batch at this strength for the flip, after water change tonight both girls getting flipped. This batch will definitely be too strong for Shorty she barely started responding to 400ppm. Dirty Girl is showing calcium deficiency at 5.9-6-2 PH so I’ll give her the stronger batch this change. Next update will be next time the lights come on. What you guys think of the batch? Too strong? Too weak?

Attachments

• FA681FEF-A4CB-481E-BD23-61E963F757FF.jpeg
    FA681FEF-A4CB-481E-BD23-61E963F757FF.jpeg
    798.3 KB · Views: 182
  • 2989E31C-5964-42B6-90B4-EAAF80A09383.jpeg
    2989E31C-5964-42B6-90B4-EAAF80A09383.jpeg
    960.6 KB · Views: 164
100% of nutrients in 1 gallon , just diluted down to what ppm you want . If you add 3 more gallons of water then you have 25% nutrients . I like at least a good root ball before I flip !
I have spare buckets to mix then bubble over night .Swap out in the morning.
The first week in flip I use the veg nutrients, but everyone has different ways . MegaCrop you just use straight through veg to harvest.

100% of nutrients in 1 gallon , just diluted down to what ppm you want . If you add 3 more gallons of water then you have 25% nutrients . I like at least a good root ball before I flip !
I have spare buckets to mix then bubble over night .Swap out in the morning.
The first week in flip I use the veg nutrients, but everyone has different ways . MegaCrop you just use straight through veg to harvest.

I’ll take a picture of the roots when I change out the buckets, I was shocked, some of the roots look like braids Thick ass roots. I read flip and rest of flower it’s 800-1200ppm. I got 3 gallons bubbling measuring 917ppm and 1.9 EC, left room to dilute incase you guys thought it was too strong.

I’ll take a picture of the roots when I change out the buckets, I was shocked, some of the roots look like braids Thick ass roots. I read flip and rest of flower it’s 800-1200ppm. I got 3 gallons bubbling measuring 917ppm and 1.9 EC, left room to dilute incase you guys thought it was too strong.
My first grow here at 420 I ran 25% of A N nutrients connoisseur a&b full line . Never had to worry about the ph it started at 5.45-5.6 and sit back and wait for the rise in ph was real slow . It was just too expensive to run them ! The reason for the ph it’s there ph perfect nutrients.

Back
Top Bottom