First DWC Grow

do you personally countdown flower first day of 12/12 or first day of pistils?
Hey man. I plant autos in my home because my space is real tight and cout the days since germination. Instead of counting days, I align my gardening activities around the moon cycle, that way Instead of counting days I simply count weeks. Last strain had an average time of 11 weeks from seed to harvest, yet I managed to achieve the same result in only 8 just by adjusting accordingly.

Once you're in sync with your plant and start trusting your gut (I know it's a leap of faith. I made many mistakes not trusting the plan) things will get easier. Try sacrificing some lower quality bud and cut a few bits to make the comparisson.

Greetings!

Flushing for taste is bro-science. You can't remove any nutrients from the flowers. They are nute sinks. Only the leaves give up nutes (nute sources), which is why they discolor when there's a deficiency.

And starving a plant to fatten the buds is something I don't follow! All the science is in my sig.

Water curing WILL get rid of leftover nutes. Osmosis is your friend and forcing the salts out of the plant will give you a wonderful experience. Give it a try!

There are no "leftover nutes" in your buds at harvest. The plant uses the nutrients in the soil and photosynthesis to build the flowers. Read this article and this pdf. The science is there.

Here is some information about salts you might be interested in:
"As a solid, the ions join together to form crystals and chemists call these salts. When salts are dissolved in water, the ions in the salt separate and are no longer joined together. They are now properly called ions, not salt. Once in solution these ions now acts as separate molecules. "
From here.

And remember, to a plant "[t]here is absolutely no difference between a nitrate molecule from a synthetic source and a nitrate molecule from an organic source."
From here.

Hope everyone had a fun 4/20! My area is still on a stay in home order so had to celebrate mine alone. Lucky I stocked up ahead of time! So since last weeks update I took down the 3 high tops since they weren’t growing anymore. Trics were 30% amber 60% cloudy and 10% clear, hairs red and curled in, and buds not growing anymore. Puny little things they dried up to be. The rest of the tops on Dirty Girl are changing the same way, maybe a little more ambers so I’ll be taking some more tops tonight. The the next girls aren’t done with veg yet so I’ll harvest Dirty Girl in pieces. Some of the lower stuff has white hairs still. Shorty is a whole different story. When I raised the lights she started growing hairs and buds again. I’m gonna let her go another few weeks, she’s looking promising. I’ll post some pictures later when lights come on.

So with the stay in home order and running out of stuff to do, today turned To cleaning day. Found my old tablet with a few pics of my first grow ever. Started in solo cups then transplanted into 1 gallon Halloween buckets from Walmart. FFOF soil and FF nutes, Walmart LED alight bulbs, bag seed. Man I should just go back to those bulbs, they worked better then this damn osram panel. I ran 6 x 1200 lumens 2000k led bulbs. Tonight is harvest for Dirty Girl. Shorty has 2 weeks left. The 3 tops I chopped have dried fast 3 days. I been taking the tops that’s are turning amber just to test a good drying method. First few I trimmed, next few I left the leaves on. Trimmed dried in 2-3 days waiting to see how long the untrimmed goes for.

Attachments

• 622ED648-1FB0-4A05-835D-AA238AC0D224.jpeg
    622ED648-1FB0-4A05-835D-AA238AC0D224.jpeg
    901.6 KB · Views: 174
  • 3BDD26A1-EEEA-4379-8FF9-C5E3FC789835.jpeg
    3BDD26A1-EEEA-4379-8FF9-C5E3FC789835.jpeg
    910 KB · Views: 175
Dirty Girl got the chop last night. I was gonna harvest little by little but figured I’d just flip bubbles and cherry. Plus Dirty’s foxtails are hurting my eyes. Decided to go with hanging the whole plant this time. Only trimmed fan leaves, left on the sugar leaves. Gonna aim for the 7-14 days that I read is crucial for a good smell with Dirty Girl. Right now she’s hanging in a dark 60% RH 70F room with a couple fans circulating air. Man the roots are amazing, how they squeezed through the netpots and grew as thick as a quarter and the nets didn’t break is crazy. What I like even more is how I just washed the stones, bucket, netpot and it’s ready for the next grow. No having to dump dirt. The stuff that dried in 3 days is in a jar and smells like cucumbers after a day of burping. Humidity goes over 65 I spread out buds for a hour and back in the jar. So far it’s been steady at 61%. Next update will be when I chop down Shorty or start trimming Dirty Girl whichever comes first. How long long till the true smell starts coming out the buds? And also what type of smell stages do they go through during the process of curing?

Attachments

• 924AB05E-0B63-4007-8608-B91B34C9E3A2.jpeg
    924AB05E-0B63-4007-8608-B91B34C9E3A2.jpeg
    771.6 KB · Views: 180
  • C34B5FE5-AFA2-4F28-B9AC-6B62651D50E2.jpeg
    C34B5FE5-AFA2-4F28-B9AC-6B62651D50E2.jpeg
    624.7 KB · Views: 189
  • 7CE7D3B8-4669-4CF0-9BA0-71052EC4059F.jpeg
    7CE7D3B8-4669-4CF0-9BA0-71052EC4059F.jpeg
    716.7 KB · Views: 174
  • 34A8F7E1-07DE-40FA-937D-B7EA72D683D0.jpeg
    34A8F7E1-07DE-40FA-937D-B7EA72D683D0.jpeg
    628.1 KB · Views: 180
  • 3101CD28-0C32-4BA9-B02B-D4B3B345405B.jpeg
    3101CD28-0C32-4BA9-B02B-D4B3B345405B.jpeg
    684.8 KB · Views: 181
Congrats on the harvest HD! Those roots are amazing and the plant isn't too shabby either.
:welldone:

Sorry to be getting back here so late :(.

I try to go three weeks from chop to sealing for the cure, and I'd say it takes often takes at least two weeks for the smell to begin to resemble what will come out of the jars after a month of cure. In the meantime it can often start as green hay or grass and then start to resemble cannabis as the chlorophyll dissipates.

When I say three weeks, that can mean 3 days of hanging if it's dry out and then 2½ weeks of burping, or a week of hanging and just 2 weeks of burping. But that's about how long I leave for the chlorophyll to go before I seal it with a Boveda 62. Also, I let the RH get into the low to mid 60s before I seal them up. Bovedas are for long term storage stability and not for moving the RH needle much.

Congrats on the harvest HD! Those roots are amazing and the plant isn't too shabby either.
:welldone:

Sorry to be getting back here so late :(.

I try to go three weeks from chop to sealing for the cure, and I'd say it takes often takes at least two weeks for the smell to begin to resemble what will come out of the jars after a month of cure. In the meantime it can often start as green hay or grass and then start to resemble cannabis as the chlorophyll dissipates.

When I say three weeks, that can mean 3 days of hanging if it's dry out and then 2½ weeks of burping, or a week of hanging and just 2 weeks of burping. But that's about how long I leave for the chlorophyll to go before I seal it with a Boveda 62. Also, I let the RH get into the low to mid 60s before I seal them up. Bovedas are for long term storage stability and not for moving the RH needle much.

I appreciate it @InTheShed. Ended up with 55g, Trim was 22g. Thanks again to you and everyone who shared knowledge when you guys ain’t have to. I’ll make you guys proud next run.

Thanks again for the help guys! About another week and Shorty comes down. She still has a couple white hairs, lots of cloudy heads and no amber.

Attachments

• C9E3A101-10C1-49DA-8DDB-AC10C007B06F.jpeg
    C9E3A101-10C1-49DA-8DDB-AC10C007B06F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 74
  • 531112A0-E51F-4C06-9116-50F4BB3E9B4B.jpeg
    531112A0-E51F-4C06-9116-50F4BB3E9B4B.jpeg
    700.9 KB · Views: 193
  • 7359864A-C7A6-4C37-9FC2-EFFB40C727F2.jpeg
    7359864A-C7A6-4C37-9FC2-EFFB40C727F2.jpeg
    724.2 KB · Views: 175
  • DC2DD1DD-83AF-46DA-AB8A-8583D62A3870.jpeg
    DC2DD1DD-83AF-46DA-AB8A-8583D62A3870.jpeg
    511.4 KB · Views: 183
Hello, I was reading through your journal this morning, the fox tailing issue you think you have might not be foxtailing at all, in my opinion, your plant was still going through, the stretch phase. Yes the plants buds appear to have stopped growing but I doubt that to be the case. When the stretch ends it’s easy to fall in to the mentality that the plant has stopped growing and start questioning why the buds look so under developed after waiting x amount of weeks from flip, well the truth is they look under developed is because they have yet to reach maturity. In my experience of seeing the stretch last grow and then the sudden super slowed growth once the buds started developing Disheartened me also having me wonder why the buds look so small, but waiting a few more weeks and they start looking fatter, and a few more weeks fatter still. The pace of how slow they flower is genetic.
my advice to you is that you supercrop or lst your plant more instead of raising your light in the future. Also be more patient with the plant while it’s transitioning to flower, Based on genes, can be a couple weeks from stretch in one plant to a month or longer in another one. genetics. And also another thing that helped me in flower, stop tracking the days, and switch to weeks. Plants grow slowly, very slowly, even from week to week comparisons in flower little will change other then a few more calyx might have popped up. Here or there.
Unlike our speedy minds racing thousands of times faster every day, of every hour.
have a Beautiful day :)
Unlike our speedy minds racing thousands of times faster every day, of every hour.

Hello, I was reading through your journal this morning, the fox tailing issue you think you have might not be foxtailing at all, in my opinion, your plant was still going through, the stretch phase. Yes the plants buds appear to have stopped growing but I doubt that to be the case. When the stretch ends it’s easy to fall in to the mentality that the plant has stopped growing and start questioning why the buds look so under developed after waiting x amount of weeks from flip, well the truth is they look under developed is because they have yet to reach maturity. In my experience of seeing the stretch last grow and then the sudden super slowed growth once the buds started developing Disheartened me also having me wonder why the buds look so small, but waiting a few more weeks and they start looking fatter, and a few more weeks fatter still. The pace of how slow they flower is genetic.
my advice to you is that you supercrop or lst your plant more instead of raising your light in the future. Also be more patient with the plant while it’s transitioning to flower, Based on genes, can be a couple weeks from stretch in one plant to a month or longer in another one. genetics. And also another thing that helped me in flower, stop tracking the days, and switch to weeks. Plants grow slowly, very slowly, even from week to week comparisons in flower little will change other then a few more calyx might have popped up. Here or there.
have a Beautiful day :)

I was definitely anxious, I wished I set up a net but I made a noob mistake guessing how big these girls would get so I didn’t have the room. When I raised the lights higher one girl started growing pistils again and the one didn’t so figured she was finished and the damage was done. I should of applied when it doubt to let it go another week. The other is still flowering, going on week 10 now. I admit I switch to days cuz it seemed shorter. If there is one woman thats gonna teach my stubborn ass some patience it’s gonna be Mary.

morning @HungDaddy, yes I agree with you on the patience, I’ve still got to work on that myself.
But growing certainly is something, I feel that as my growing skills grow, a bit of good grows on me as well. Like this is the longest I’ve been off drinking in the past couple of years, and it feels nice, maybe I’ll work on my gross nicotine habit next lol
Enjoy your last day of 4/20 everyone :)
I will dedicate this bowl to all you growers out there ;):cough:o_O

morning @HungDaddy, yes I agree with you on the patience, I’ve still got to work on that myself.
But growing certainly is something, I feel that as my growing skills grow, a bit of good grows on me as well. Like this is the longest I’ve been off drinking in the past couple of years, and it feels nice, maybe I’ll work on my gross nicotine habit next lol
Enjoy your last day of 4/20 everyone :)
I will dedicate this bowl to all you growers out there ;):cough:o_O

Congratulations on that man! I’ve been nicotine free since I been laid off, going on 4 weeks now. Guess work was my stress trigger, who would have guessed. Salud!:passitleft:

Thanks man means a lot to me.
so I just got done playing with my buckets a bit ago
image.jpg

This plant was at 730 ec this morning from 1260 ec at fresh bucket Saturday or Sunday, brought back up to 900 ec. Ph 5.74 also noticed a lot of worm like things, decided to wait for Saturday for res change as per usual, hope the infestation isn’t to harmful till then...
image.jpg

And then this lil plant, ec was at 900 after adding a quart of water so didn’t change anything other then ph to 5.88. Both plants are about the same age as I germinated them together and were grown with 12/12 from seed. You will notice how the taller plants buds look like they are still in preflower/earlyflower. A couple days away from week 12. (Suspect of Dispensary bagseed)
image.jpg

and now for the gentle dwarf plant, (bag seed)flowering at a faster pace. I would say it is in full flower
image.jpg

just to give you an idea of what I meant by plants having different stretch times and what not.

Thanks man means a lot to me.
so I just got done playing with my buckets a bit ago
image.jpg

This plant was at 730 ec this morning from 1260 ec at fresh bucket Saturday or Sunday, brought back up to 900 ec. Ph 5.74 also noticed a lot of worm like things, decided to wait for Saturday for res change as per usual, hope the infestation isn’t to harmful till then...
image.jpg

And then this lil plant, ec was at 900 after adding a quart of water so didn’t change anything other then ph to 5.88. Both plants are about the same age as I germinated them together and were grown with 12/12 from seed. You will notice how the taller plants buds look like they are still in preflower/earlyflower. A couple days away from week 12. (Suspect of Dispensary bagseed)
image.jpg

and now for the gentle dwarf plant, (bag seed)flowering at a faster pace. I would say it is in full flower
image.jpg

just to give you an idea of what I meant by plants having different stretch times and what not.

No problem man. I see what you mean, this girl I’m for sure letting go longer. You got some lovely looking ladies there. I’m gonna steer away from bag seeds all together atleast until I’m on the level you guys are on.

Back
Top Bottom