DWC any help appreciated

NiiceGrow

This is my first grow and I'm at a point where I may need a little guidance.
strain is black cherry kush. I sprouted this plant in a rapid rooter with well water. Ph was pretty high around 7.8. Plant sprouted fine and I transferred into food a food grade bucket that I painted black with a 6 inch net pot and hydroton. I knew using the well water could be a concern but I wanted to try it regardless.
The ppm of my well water is 630. I know it's stupid high. I started with the 3 part starter kit nutrient from humboldt. I mixed ml/g 4/4/4. I also added 3ml/g cal mag, .7ml/g root accelerator, 1ml/g drip clean, 1ml/g floraliscious plus, and 5ml/g diamond nectar. The diamond nectar I received has some gunk floating in it and I've since ordered a new one that has not shipped yet. All of this gave me a ppm around 1300. I should have known this was far too high. Every time the plant showed signs of growth, the bottom set of leaves would curl and dry up.

Currently I've switched to ro water for the last week or 2. Starting ppm of 30. I mixed base nutrients at 2/2/2. All other nutrients remain the same as above. The plant continues to look worse and worse. Last night I decided to dig it up and check out the roots. The roots actually looked pretty healthy but this plant is over a month old and the roots didn't hit the water yet. Water level stayed about 2 inches below the net pot. I'm using a commercial air pump with 2- 2x4 stones in a 5x5 tent with a 600w metal halide about 30 inches above my plant. Tent temp around 72-75, water temp stays about 72. I run a humidifier on and off but don't currently have a hydrometer. I lowered the plant in the net pot so that roots are coming through net pot. I also know disturbing the plant isn't ideal. I've kept my ph as close to 5.8 as possible through this whole process. Occasional spikes but nothing crazy. Current ppm around 350.

I have a couple ideas but could be wrong-
Plant got nutrient lockout from nutrients + well water? Plant has been in ro for a couple weeks now and continuing downhill.
Diamond nectar causing problems due to all the gunk in it?
I appreciate any input. Just trying to learn from mistakes but there are a lot of variables on this grow.

20230718_174342.jpg

looks plain hungry to me. which ppm scale are you on 500 or 700 ? if you use EC you should be up around .7 to 1.0 by now.

is your ph rising ? would be an indicator the plant is feeding.

looks plain hungry to me. which ppm scale are you on 500 or 700 ? if you use EC you should be up around .7 to 1.0 by now.

is your ph rising ? would be an indicator the plant is feeding.
This is my first grow and I'm at a point where I may need a little guidance.
strain is black cherry kush. I sprouted this plant in a rapid rooter with well water. Ph was pretty high around 7.8. Plant sprouted fine and I transferred into food a food grade bucket that I painted black with a 6 inch net pot and hydroton. I knew using the well water could be a concern but I wanted to try it regardless.
The ppm of my well water is 630. I know it's stupid high. I started with the 3 part starter kit nutrient from humboldt. I mixed ml/g 4/4/4. I also added 3ml/g cal mag, .7ml/g root accelerator, 1ml/g drip clean, 1ml/g floraliscious plus, and 5ml/g diamond nectar. The diamond nectar I received has some gunk floating in it and I've since ordered a new one that has not shipped yet. All of this gave me a ppm around 1300. I should have known this was far too high. Every time the plant showed signs of growth, the bottom set of leaves would curl and dry up.

Currently I've switched to ro water for the last week or 2. Starting ppm of 30. I mixed base nutrients at 2/2/2. All other nutrients remain the same as above. The plant continues to look worse and worse. Last night I decided to dig it up and check out the roots. The roots actually looked pretty healthy but this plant is over a month old and the roots didn't hit the water yet. Water level stayed about 2 inches below the net pot. I'm using a commercial air pump with 2- 2x4 stones in a 5x5 tent with a 600w metal halide about 30 inches above my plant. Tent temp around 72-75, water temp stays about 72. I run a humidifier on and off but don't currently have a hydrometer. I lowered the plant in the net pot so that roots are coming through net pot. I also know disturbing the plant isn't ideal. I've kept my ph as close to 5.8 as possible through this whole process. Occasional spikes but nothing crazy. Current ppm around 350.

I have a couple ideas but could be wrong-
Plant got nutrient lockout from nutrients + well water? Plant has been in ro for a couple weeks now and continuing downhill.
Diamond nectar causing problems due to all the gunk in it?
I appreciate any input. Just trying to learn from mistakes but there are a lot of variables on this grow.

20230718_174342.jpg
Not sure what these nutrients are that you speak of....sounds like a lot of different things when imo all you need is maybe 2 at most. Ppm is good, what are you using to keep the water nasties away? You will have to use something for sure, even with a chiller but....pool shock, or peroxide are the typical , tried and true antidotes. Unless your doing organic, if that's the case, good luck.

Back
Top Bottom