Several Pix, Whats wrong with plants? (flowering)

dough

This is my 2nd grow and my 1st bloombox grow went bust (see below)..they went hemi bc i was over ferting. so i cut back alot this time. and i never have gone above 1100ppm

right now im on week 6 and the flowers look awesome with lots of crystals but over the past 3 weeks my leaves have been looking bad..not all of them but many.

I have 2 plants in here, 1 kali mist and 1 white widow, the white widow looks very health and only show minimal damage on the very tips of the leaves (its not really in the PIX below but you can see it in some ).

im changing the water tomorrow ( i do so weekly according to this schedule):
(I USE 9 GALLONS OF WATER, NOT 6 -- could this be a problem? most of the roots are under water and i try to keep it that way)

here is the exact nuts ive been using..plus i add about 20ml of AN Bud Candy

list.jpg

pix:
DSC04756.JPG

p
DSC047541.JPG

p
p
DSC04753.JPG

p
p
DSC04757.JPG

p
p
DSC047581.JPG

p
p
DSC04759.JPG

p
p
DSC04760.JPG

I'm not a hydro grower but it looks like a combination of things. Looks like a root problem, too much nitrgoen and over watering because of the leave shape. I believe in hydro you have to let the roots go dry for certain amount of time or they rot. WHich looks like might be your biggest problem.

BWC: flushed? i change the water every week according to the AN schedule above. I did a journal for my last grow, not this one.

Steovblyth: Thanks, ive read that post several times, and it only points to a potassium defficiency. I added potassium a week or two ago and it did not seem to help.

if its a ph problem or root rot there could be a nute lock out, for example may be locking out potassium and if thats the case the plant will not take it up no matter how much you add. Have you checked for root rot?

Check your res. Is there a stagnent smell to it? Any root debris? What are your temps? I had plants that look just like yours in my bloombox. The cause was ph fluctuations, heat, and not enought O2 in the water.

ok thanks so much for the help guys, sorry i was frustriated earlier.. i put my hand into that dark area in the roots and it looks like some algae came back.

there are 4 air stones in there so it think its getting enough air, (you can see some bubles in the back).

so should i add som Algaecide and LIquid O2 (is that just hydrogenperoxide)?

Mrs. Fox maybe you can help, everyone keeps saying the roots need to dry out, but there is no way for that on the Bloombox. (this is the bloombox setup, put into a closet, i took it apart)

also i check the PH a few times a day and generally have to adjust.

thanks

if you arent letting ur roots dry out that could be problem, you shouldnt really let them sit in water and never dry as thats how root rot kicks in. If you have any way of moving res or draining it would be good to allow roots to dry. In mean time you could just clean out res and remove algae. Im not sure if algaeside can be used if roots are in water? you can buy liquid oxygen off ebay fairly cheap but i have read hydrogenperoxide is same thing. I'd personally just buy a branded bottle of liquid o2 then you know what you are getting.

Thanks, Im going out for a few days so i just now added 20ml of 3% hydrogen peroxide to my 6 gallon Res.

I changed the res out last night and its at about 800ppm now.

when I get back, im going to do this procedure to get rid of the algae (and then add a 2nd pump with 2 or 3 more airstones)

20ml of hydrogen peroxide, over a 3 days weekend, should not do anything to damage the plants right?

thanks again guys, i think im getting on the right track now. this all makes more sense now as this is also what killed my last bloombox grow!

tks

I use the Waterfarm system by GH. My roots are in water and my plants are huge and green. I think you have over fertilized and it's too hot. Lower your temps !!! Keep it below 72* and even cooler when the lights are off during bloom period.

Mrs. Fox maybe you can help, everyone keeps saying the roots need to dry out, but there is no way for that on the Bloombox. (this is the bloombox setup, put into a closet, i took it apart)

You are correct. It's hydroponics.

Are you sure it's algae? How are you getting light in there? What color is it? If you need to use Hydrogen Peroxide, then you are having issues with not having enough oxygen in the water for the roots. The more air in the water the better. If you get a chance, I would add some more airstones. Even the small ones will be better than nothing.

If you get a chance, read this too. Lots of good info. Stratification - A Must Read For All Hydro Growers

Flushing

BWC: flushed? i change the water every week according to the AN schedule above. I did a journal for my last grow, not this one.
By flushing I mean periodically watering (in abundance), str8 distilled or RO water to wash away built up toxic salts around roots and in media. That can be responsible for various problem such as nutrient lockout, PH problems that mimic deficiencies, etc. Flushing is very important to maximize ur yeild although u can go an entire cycle w/out doing this and still get a decent crop depending on the strain. In soil I do this approx once a month, when light cycle changes, and about a week b4 harvest. Some growers use products like Clearex to remove salts. This is done (in soil) by passing through 2-3 times the volume of medium of water thru the medium. For example, a one gallon pot would be flushed by sending 2-3 gallon of distilled water thru the medium. Process in hydro I think just involves cleaning reservoir and replacing with H2O. The last person I read about doin this in hydro was PitViper, U may wanna ask him or other hydro growers. Hope this helps.
Search the threads, there's plenty more info.

just got back in town and last night i draned the res and filled it 9 gallons of regular water and 90-110 ccs of Hydrogen peroxide (3% not 30% from store). I let this sit for 2-3 hours then draned and flushed out the res.

I added 2 long stones and 2 small circular stones (spot) as well on 2 new pumps. lots of so now i have 3 air pumps and 6 airstones.

i finally filled the res with 5 gallons of my week 6 nut solution at about 700ppm and 5.5ph and maybe 30 ccs of hydrogen peroxide.

i can say that since i had dropped the water level from 8-9 gallons to 5-6 (i did that about 3 days ago), the res started to smell pretty bad. Before it was all filled with water so there was no smell.

I havent really noticed any change in the plants since doing all this last night.

Ms. Fox how much in gallons do you put into your reservoir?

and this morning the ph was back up to 6.4 from 5.5 the night before..

oh and btw, ive always had a small 150 gph (gallon per hour) pump in the res that runs about 60% of the day to simply circulate the water inside (bad idea?? i forgot to mention this earler) last night i moved it from where it is in the picture above to the middle/center of that huge root ball where the black stuff (algae?) is.

tks

https://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-2177.html

Back
Top Bottom