Sex of plant?

Jhuck

Can anyone identify the sex of either of these plants please? The first is an autoflower I thought was dead but it actually sprouted, the second is a photoperiod . Nfsot.

IMG_20210721_095705406.jpg

IMG_20210721_094027124.jpg

Howdy do mate..
Way to early to be able to tell. They need to mature first, at least 21 days from now, to be able to even guess.... You will just have to grow until it shows. The auto will show itself when it is ready and the photo can be forced into flower, then you will see her first pistil/stigma hair things; if it's a female that is, and if it's a male, it will grow some bollocks
Check back in a few weeks and we will have another look then..
Good luck on the grow.

Where did you get your seeds from anyway?

Thank you so much, gromie, both are feminized, just wasn't positive how early in life you have to have them sorted, is it only the flowering stage that it matters? And the autoflower is Gorilla Cookies Auto from Crop King . ( Yeah, I know now, didn't then, lol) and the photo is Bruce Banner 2.0 feminized. Honestly , at the time I didn't know that Crop King's genetics are a total crap shoot because they don't isolate the good phenos. I just went with the better of the only two places I could find that would take Paypal and I wanted to get them ordered and in the ground already, late in the season for sunshine as is ( I have since adapted the plan and built a full qaulity indoor setup) I still have Landrace OG Kush and Purple Kush from Afghanistan, and Oregon Wine seeds arriving any day .

They do make regular autoflowers but the vast majority that are sold are fems. So that's probably a female.

Edit:You said they were purchased as fem seeds? There is a .1% chance they would come up male. They should be fems.

They do make regular autoflowers but the vast majority that are sold are fems. So that's probably a female.

Edit:You said they were purchased as fem seeds? There is a .1% chance they would come up male. They should be fems.
Awesome, was just making sure I didn't need to keep any seperated yet, thank you!

Are you sure that is a cannabis plant?
Actually no, only a seedling was put in the cup, but I suppose there is a possibility that the soil, which I dig out by hand from underneath an orange tree already had some sort of seedling contained inside of it that landed just right to propogate, is that a common occurrence cause I wouldn't think so , no other plants around the area I took it from.

Actually no, only a seedling was put in the cup, but I suppose there is a possibility that the soil, which I dig out by hand from underneath an orange tree already had some sort of seedling contained inside of it that landed just right to propogate, is that a common occurrence cause I wouldn't think so , no other plants around the area I took it from.
It could have been a seed blown in from anywhere.. see what it grows into. It might be an ornamental flower..

The good news is, the Bruce Banner is most definitely a cannabis plant , and much better seeds should be here in the next 2 days or so and I am now 100 % set up to give them everything they can't get outdoors indoors.

The good news is, the Bruce Banner is most definitely a cannabis plant , and much better seeds should be here in the next 2 days or so and I am now 100 % set up to give them everything they can't get outdoors indoors.
Set up a journal and give me a shout when you get started.. we are all here to help you mate..

That plant is a type of sedge if I'm not mistaken.
Going off of pics I'd say you are right , I guess it found it's way into the dirt somehow by mother nature and grew , what a bummer :( the good news is that that the Bruce banner is most certainly a cannabis plant, and seeds from a much better source will be here any day :) thank you!

Going off of pics I'd say you are right , I guess it found it's way into the dirt somehow by mother nature and grew , what a bummer :( the good news is that that the Bruce banner is most certainly a cannabis plant, and seeds from a much better source will be here any day :) thank you!
Good luck on your grow!

Weeds can pop up anywhere. I've even had one pop up in my tent before. Must have been from the compost that I used.

Are you sure that is a cannabis plant?
If that is a cannabis plant then I am going to hazard a guess that the true leaves were cut off as they turned yellow or brown or generally withered away.

Following this thread and the other thread called Seedling Advice with the same plants the first photo is the auto-flower and, it already attempted to flower.. I can see what looks like a small bud in the center with about 20 calyx.

If that is a cannabis plant then I am going to hazard a guess that the true leaves were cut off as they turned yellow or brown or generally withered away.

Following this thread and the other thread called Seedling Advice with the same plants the first photo is the auto-flower and, it already attempted to flower.. I can see what looks like a small bud in the center with about 20 calyx.
Wow!!! You've got super human eyesight :laugh: All I could see was a fuzzy blob and something that resembled blades of grass..
So this is entirely possible. An auto seedling going straight to flower as soon as its head pops up?
Really useful info:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom