Sexing question

JayD1980

420 Member
I am growing some purple kush/hawain seeds from scratch and am not sure 100% on the sex yet, so could use some advice.. there's 3 plants (hopefully lady's), two germinated at the same time.. the third about a week and a half later.. the later one looks more rugged then the other two on growth. It seems more fan leafy and thick leafs plus the texture of the leafs seem thicker. I know the purple pics suck// sorry.

20221104_112720.jpg

20221029_193128.jpg

20221104_112712.jpg

20221029_193143.jpg

20221029_193135.jpg

20221029_193125.jpg

Cannot tell with these pictures. You will want closer pictures of the nodes closest to the top at the main stem. Also, your plants sex will usually reveal itself after about a week of 12/12 light cycle if you're running photos. Females have calyxes that will have two tiny white hairs. Males will have a sort of pod that has no hairs and also has a tiny stem behind it. Initial Calyxes look like a tear drop attached directly to the main stem

Almost always we have to wait until the new nodes are alternating instead of growing opposite each other. This stage is one of the first signs that the plant is old enough to be considered sexually mature.

I know the purple pics suck// sorry.
The purple makes it almost impossible to see what is going on so far. I have noticed that leaving the purple light on also makes it likely that the auto-focus on the camera will be wrong.

Best to turn the grow lights off for the couple of minutes it takes for a picture. Leaving the regular room lights turned on, putting a lamp near the tent door, or even taking the plants to a well lit window all have worked to get better pictures. Adjust the flash setting on the camera so that it will auto-detect whether the flash should go off and then setting it so the camera will trip the flash. Take a picture each way and see if one is better than the other.

Sorry, just can't see with that purple.
Very often node 4 or 5 is the sweet spot.
That is without topping. I will sometimes FIM after 10 nodes. Almost always its node 4 or 5 once the branches/nodes start alternating.
Get some photos up in normal light and we can take a look. They look a bit immature to sex but I have been wrong before. ..so...

they're all chicks man ... only chicks dig pink ... right ?

unless they're all really really confident dudes ... :p

Back
Top Bottom