Should I add soon?

mrspacely

1396351962532.jpg
1396351878878.jpg
My plant is 16 days old. How does it look? Any problems? Also I'm not entirely sure when to add nutes. Should I wait till the 21st day or shall I start adding nutes right away?

Start adding nute at 1/4 strength when it gets five nodes. Then do water,water ,nute. You should only be adding nutes about twice a week in veg.

What's up!? Welcome to 420 I see you're new here as well.

It looks very healthy so far great job! What set up are you using..Looks like a CFL in a rubbermaid?

Yeah its exactly that, I'm using soil and I have all purpose miracle grow, it was all I could afford at the moment. I want to add nutes today but I'm not 100% sure on how much to use and how often I should feed.

Hold up on the nutes!! Im glad you mentioned that! I did a ton of research when I first started and found millions of posts about MG being horrible for MJ. Some people swear they've used it with no problems others say its the devil!

I personally started with MG organic choice and didnt have problems until about 3-4 weeks into veg then boom it went down hill...all MG has time released nutes in it which early in veg can have the right amount or too much..you got lucky IMHO as i did at first...as soon as it started yellowing a little i added some MG nutes and from there I had all kinds of problems...

long story short i HAD to transplant as it killed a couple of my babies!! Get a big cheapo styrafoam cooler or something along those lines,fill it with water(i used the hose as my PH was good but also a couple gallons of hot water to even it out so its not too cold) and proceed to remove the plant from the pot as if repotting but instead dunk to dirt ball in the water and VERY SLOWLY AN CAREFULLY swirl it around and get as much MG of as possible....then get some cheapo soil from wherever and just make sure it has ZERO added ferts..no time released "feeds up to x number of months" stuff...mix in some vermiculite and perlite(also only a few bucks each)

You can use tomato fertilizers on the cheap side for Cannabis but it doesnt have all the Micro nutes it needs so it wont be full scale sticky icky but still good

Have you been testing your PH when watering and also testing the Run Off??

I caved in and went with Fox Farm Trio and my only remaining plant loved it....shes now in flower ; )
CAM00174_1_.jpg
CAM00173_1_.jpg
CAM00175_1_.jpg
CAM00177_1_.jpg
CAM00176_1_.jpg

It's not highly recommended. Regular non fertilized potting soil is cheaper then MG. If you are stuck using it and have no other options, I'd go out and dig up some good dirt and transplant into another pot as is. You're not going to need any Nutes at all with MG, but you are going to have some harsh tasting smoke when you are reaping the "Fruits of your Labor".

:peace:

Exactly^^ You can get a bag of straight dirt from Walmart for 98 cents and some perlite for like $4 i think, all together less than the big bag of MG...its because of the water soluble nutrients it has in it....every time you water a little bit is released so over the span of the plant it will not need any extra nutes unless you got MG that only feeds up to 2 or3 months...then depending on how long you veg for the nutes may be used up by your plant...
Also I wouldnt suggest bringing outside dirt in because of bug eggs, moths lay eggs all night,I had caterpillars from trying that,quick fix but the spray was more than some cheap dirt so Id hate to cause excessive spending on Mrspacely

Do you still have any fresh MG...you could always put it into a big bucket or container drill some holes in the bottom and start flushing the nutes out of it...Like several times a day just dump water into it, youll see a greenish tint drain out the bottom for a while...only problem with that is MG becomes very hard and compacted after a while too so you may need to add some perlite or something for better aeration...

Check any garden centers near you too, most nurseries make their own soil as well, my local one has bags for $2.99 n they grow some really good plants,there was a little too much sand in THIS one though so I made my own cheap mixture...too bad youre not close Id just give you some, I made wayy too much lol

Wow that's high. Wait until you have 2 more nodes then add 1/8th of the reccomended dosage and wait till her 3rd watering before you add again. Gradually increase the nutes based on the size of the plant and conditions. What was the NPK of your soil? How are you on Cal/Mag?

Yeahh wow that's some hot stuff lol I thought you were in the soil. Totally different ball game now! You should be ok to feed it a VERY SMALL amount of that. Is it tomato food or African violet? I think the AV has a lower NPK?

And also like I had mentioned earlier MG soil or even plant food, don't have the same amount of micro nutrients( the other stuff besides NPK) MELLO brings up a great point!

On the back of the bottle/box what are the other nutrients in it, the MG stuff I had didn't have any CaMg, it there's not enough in the food you have it will pretty much immediately start to trip you out.... Leaves fold up like tacos and lower leaves look like it could be nitrogen def if you aren't familiar with the difference.

Any way you can take a pic of the back,instructions and ingredient ratios and what not?

I used MGTP on one of my first plants on day 14. I went 1/4 recommended strength. The next day she was gone because my soil also had some NPK in it. Never used that soil or MG again. I think it should be a bit more forgiving in case of plant expectancy. Not saying MG isn't any good, just a bit more tedious to handle. That is why I said 1/8th strength and add 1/2 tbsp of unsolphered molasses for cal/mag. Takes 2 weeks to break down so the sooner the better. In 8 oz of hot water mix in the 1/2 tbsp molasses then add the 8 oz mix into a gallon. then fill the rest of the gallon with fresh water. Add the 1/8th strength nutes into the gallon. I change my original statement of waiting for the next two nodes. I say now give it to your plant as soon as the watering after next unless she begins to show deficiencies of some sort.

Hmm...thats a tough call but its going to have to be yours spacely...i would say don't even mess with the MG due to personal experience using 1/16 strength and still having problems....IMO from what I see in the pictures you dont need nutes yet, and there are hardly any of the appropriate micro nutrients in that MG and the ones that are in there are a little low as well...the stalk and stems are all still green and healthy looking...it does look like it could use some CaMg to give it a some added green to the leaves, plus the Ca activates the (K) potassium in the soil which regulates the water and nutrient levels in the plants cells , so it boosts anything you currently have as far as natural nutrition levels....

I googled CaMg supplements in my zip code to find something...turns out there was a hidden hydro shop right down the street, got a bottle of CaliMagic (1-0-0 CaMg booster) for $7 and some change, I used it all throughout veg and she loved it...however the added nitrogen is a little much in flower so Id suggest one with a (0-0-0) rating...they had one as well but at the time she was nitrogen def and I was waiting for his shipment of Fox Farm Grow Big...I later ended up getting the rest of the trio because of how much it helped my plants....it's a little on the pricey side for the small bottles as well..but it's also going to last me a few grows as well ; )....after experimenting with MG and cheap stuff it ened up costing more than if I would have just bought the Trio to begin with...now I'm out double because of using MG to start with....my personal experience though, Ive seen alot of people say they had no problems but noticed a huge difference once they switched, as most eventually do.

Not saying you have to go FF..Advanced Nutrients A&B are very good too from what I've read and they were cheaper and easier to deal with(part A for veg, B for Flower)...General Hydroponics Flora series seems pretty good too but I've heard mixed reviews and it's a little pricier than AN as well....but again after I switched it I'll personally never let someone use MG without sharing my exp lol

Sorry for the long posts just dont want to see anyone go through what I did with the MG Devil

Tablespoon of epsom salts per gallon of water or unsulphered molasses is loaded with Cal/Mag. Use Epsom salts sparingly. Molasses is broken down in the soil and can be used in Veg and Flower. Again, 1 tablespoon per gallon. :peace:

Hmm...thats a tough call but its going to have to be yours spacely...i would say don't even mess with the MG due to personal experience using 1/16 strength and still having problems....IMO from what I see in the pictures you dont need nutes yet, and there are hardly any of the appropriate micro nutrients in that MG and the ones that are in there are a little low as well...the stalk and stems are all still green and healthy looking...it does look like it could use some CaMg to give it a some added green to the leaves, plus the Ca activates the (K) potassium in the soil which regulates the water and nutrient levels in the plants cells , so it boosts anything you currently have as far as natural nutrition levels....

I googled CaMg supplements in my zip code to find something...turns out there was a hidden hydro shop right down the street, got a bottle of CaliMagic (1-0-0 CaMg booster) for $7 and some change, I used it all throughout veg and she loved it...however the added nitrogen is a little much in flower so Id suggest one with a (0-0-0) rating...they had one as well but at the time she was nitrogen def and I was waiting for his shipment of Fox Farm Grow Big...I later ended up getting the rest of the trio because of how much it helped my plants....it's a little on the pricey side for the small bottles as well..but it's also going to last me a few grows as well ; )....after experimenting with MG and cheap stuff it ened up costing more than if I would have just bought the Trio to begin with...now I'm out double because of using MG to start with....my personal experience though, Ive seen alot of people say they had no problems but noticed a huge difference once they switched, as most eventually do.

Not saying you have to go FF..Advanced Nutrients A&B are very good too from what I've read and they were cheaper and easier to deal with(part A for veg, B for Flower)...General Hydroponics Flora series seems pretty good too but I've heard mixed reviews and it's a little pricier than AN as well....but again after I switched it I'll personally never let someone use MG without sharing my exp lol

Sorry for the long posts just dont want to see anyone go through what I did with the MG Devil

I got the trio as well. What was your feeding schedule?

I had to play with mine a little bit as she it was already about 5 weeks into veg when I introduced it to the Grow Big and Big Bloom...when I first made the switch my PH was always off because of the ball of leftover MG soil...thats when I first had CaMg issues and started playing around until it seemed like all the MG was out of it...then once everything leveled out I used the low side of the ratios suggested on the bottle(ex. 2-3 tsp, I would use 2 not totally full)...I can't really say one way or the other about Tiger Bloom as she is still showing signs of def but also minor N toxicity...I actually have a post in the Budding section looking for some tips on that lol...My best guess is because of the stress in the beginning I should have started a little lower than the suggested amount on the bottle like I did previously with the GB...I've read about TB being a little hot for some strains or if PH is off slightly it does this but evens out....

In Veg i fed every other watering and added 1 teaspoon of CaliMagic to the mixture and she sparkled like a champ and really made me proud

When I switched to Flower i had some PH issues that I corrected but I have actually been feeding with every watering every3-4 days
light mixture of FF nutes with half teaspoon of CaliMagic because again it was showing a K def but because of the added N in CaliMagic the tips got a little lime green and clawed down on 2 or 3 fan leaves...i was doing this because I don't have any dolimite lime in my soil so my PH was flexing and locking out my Ca messing with my K...I think...it seems to be doing much better since I corrected it and is now getting pretty frosty...I feel like it's still lacking though....I was thinking about checking out the ChaChing and Beastie Bloomz but I maw wait as again this plant was kinda stressed as a baby, and it's a blessing it didn't herm....though I would like to get another chance at growing it...she's a bag seed from a buddy of mine who always had name brand stuff(supposedly) but over the years I actually collected a couple from him and some turned out male so I don't know whats what anymore...it smells really skunky though and he did get skunk alot

Back
Top Bottom