Stems turned purple why? Is this normal?

Ironmike340

Clones I got them two weeks ago. The stems were green when I got them and now purple is this normal ? All else seems normal.
Happy frog soil 2 weeks old
Ro water with cal mag plus added till 189ppm. Or roughly 3ml per gallon.
Should I add more?
Humidity 60%
200 watt quantum board led 210watt about 18 inches up.
Also when should I add nutes?
Gonna use sensi grow and still wondering when and how much?
Also watering every other day approx 14 oz of cal mag water.

Attachments

• C87B477A-296F-489B-BE02-C52CCE8A1031.jpeg
    C87B477A-296F-489B-BE02-C52CCE8A1031.jpeg
    816.7 KB · Views: 147
  • A1EC4421-DD35-4D6A-A161-F1F679D2177B.jpeg
    A1EC4421-DD35-4D6A-A161-F1F679D2177B.jpeg
    775.7 KB · Views: 159
  • 7ED3EC1D-26F6-418E-A392-995501E580C2.jpeg
    7ED3EC1D-26F6-418E-A392-995501E580C2.jpeg
    642.6 KB · Views: 169
I dunno @Ironmike340 my plants do the same thing, not that extreme though. Comes and goes, might be temperature for me or ph, those seems to be the root of all my problems. I'm not sweating mine any more, just being more patient about feeding, letting whatever is in them get good and used up and then adding enough to rinse them a bit when I water, seems to be helping. I raise the pots up on a grate or baking rack and run my feed through them till it drains out the bottom, try and get 10-20% runoff into a pan...omg it comes out like piss!

I bet you could start with 25% strength on those girls they look good and strong to me, but I'd defer to the experienced folks on that one. I'm alternating right now 25% str nutes/just ph'd water...prolly once every 5-7 days per plant depending on how fast they take it up. I'm letting them get good and dry, that seems to help the most overall.

My stems do this too in strips exposed to direct light. The plants look healthy and unaffected by it. Some strains have genetics that turn stems purple naturally. My uneducated guess is it might be a way of absorbing light instead of burning. If the plant shows signs of deficiencies or slowed growth later on, lack of magnesium can cause purple stems.

hlg 260?
18” is really close, im flowering at max power and anything closer than 21” and i have alot of light stress tacoing.
not saying that is the purple stem problem, just throwing it out there

closer high powered leds cause more transpiration to occur at leaf i believe, which could be causing the calcium magnesium issues related to led lights.
could be the issue, but im not sure

i
Clones I got them two weeks ago. The stems were green when I got them and now purple is this normal ? All else seems normal.
Happy frog soil 2 weeks old
Ro water with cal mag plus added till 189ppm. Or roughly 3ml per gallon.
Should I add more?
Humidity 60%
200 watt quantum board led 210watt about 18 inches up.
Also when should I add nutes?
Gonna use sensi grow and still wondering when and how much?
Also watering every other day approx 14 oz of cal mag water.
i use 10 ml of GO calmag+ every watering

I watch a well respected you tuber that grows under hlgs and he said that the purple stems are from ph and the plants need more cal mag under the hlg so he runs a slightly higher ph of 6.6 to help with the uptake of the cal mag

I’m running in soil and ph is 6.4
And upped cal mag to 220 ppm instead of 190ppm. We will see .
This happy frog soul is two weeks old wondering if I can go another week without Adding nutes?

i use a coco peat mix called terra canna pro plus
according to their information, beginnjng of veg use 5.8, after in veg veg stage do 5.9
and then beginning of flower 6.1, end of flower 6.2.
i know it may not completely apply to you, but reason being is that your mediums ph will go acidic or alkaline longer a plant is growing in it, so just be mindful of which way your ph is swinging.
thats why good to add dolomite lime in soil, i believe it stabilizes more of these ph swings due to its chalkiness later in the plants life ( and adds cal mag so dont need to supplement it or as much)

Back
Top Bottom